Author Topic: OT: I got the news yest that a friend of mine has died in an accident....  (Read 5530 times)

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!

Hello to everyone,
 I'm still in a bit of shock so please excuse me if anything i write comes across as incoherent....I was just doing regular errand work yesterday when I received a phone call from a friend who told me that our mutual good friend (his name was Arun) died in an accident in Nepal - he had gone there for a shoot. At that time, that was all she knew. Arun was 30....The memorial service was to be held today but his body is still in Nepal, to be brought back tonight...So it will be held tomorrow. I was just told that it was a car accident.
He was a dear friend...a wonderful and evolved soul. The reason why i'm writing about it here is...i just thought i should tell you, i might not be coming on the board for a couple of days....and the other thing is:  We all know how fragile life is....it's when loved ones go so suddenly that we are painfully reminded....You always hope that the person knew how much you loved them...

The last conversation I had with him was a month ago, when he told me how much he loved Brokeback (I had been after him to go watch it.) I'm glad he was able to see it....

God bless him always.

Love you all,
Reanna
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

vkm91941

Reanna I am so sorry for your loss.  Such unforeseen accidents are so tragic and so painful for those of us left behind...You and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Reanna -

Please accept wishes of peace and comfort for you and the family and friends of this young man.  You are right -untimely death is a powerful reminder to live each day as if it could be the last...no regrets of love unexpressed, gratitude unsaid, joy unlived.

From me, and all of us, to you...

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Sarah Wiliams

dmmb_Mandy

Reanna, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Life takes unexpected and unfortunate turns. I wish nothing but the best for you and always remember that everyone here loves you and is here for you. 

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
Hi Reanna,

Although we've never talked, I wanted to offer my condolences.  Sometimes the surprises like these are harder to take because they're out of nowhere.  I hope that you're surrounded by lots of love and support right now.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Reanna:

Large large hugs from over here. Will be thinking about you.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

Hello to everyone,
 I'm still in a bit of shock so please excuse me if anything i write comes across as incoherent....I was just doing regular errand work yesterday when I received a phone call from a friend who told me that our mutual good friend (his name was Arun) died in an accident in Nepal - he had gone there for a shoot. At that time, that was all she knew. Arun was 30....The memorial service was to be held today but his body is still in Nepal, to be brought back tonight...So it will be held tomorrow. I was just told that it was a car accident.
He was a dear friend...a wonderful and evolved soul. The reason why i'm writing about it here is...i just thought i should tell you, i might not be coming on the board for a couple of days....and the other thing is:  We all know how fragile life is....it's when loved ones go so suddenly that we are painfully reminded....You always hope that the person knew how much you loved them...

The last conversation I had with him was a month ago, when he told me how much he loved Brokeback (I had been after him to go watch it.) I'm glad he was able to see it....

God bless him always.

Love you all,
Reanna

I'm very sorry to hear that Reanna. My heart goes out to you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:46:25 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
Much love, darlin'.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Oh Reanna!   

I'm so sorry to hear that!    You have my deepest condolences and a Big Brokeback Hug from us all!      :-*