Author Topic: OT: I got the news yest that a friend of mine has died in an accident....  (Read 5566 times)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Dear Reanna,
I'm so very sorry for your loss of your friend.  My heart goes out to you.
Lynn
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Dear reanna,

My heart goes out to you. As you might have read in another thread, I lived through the same thing 15 years ago. I know how hard it is, how hard to believe it is at first too, which might be one reason you wrote to us about it - to convince yourself of the sad reality.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and for the next few days.
Isabelle.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
We will pray for him. How strange that he lost his life in such a place that has known great enlightenmenment but is going thru such a struggle right now. I hope his work there and elsewhere will be preserved.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
That is very sad Reanna.  Hold Arun's memory close. That is his gift to you. 
X
Ray
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
i'm so terribly sorry for your loss, reanna.  our thoughts are with you, and your friends, and their families.  you know your fellow brokies are here for you if you need us!

:'(
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
Reanna, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. We're all here for you whenever you just need to write out thoughts (even incoherent ones) and express grief.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Reanna, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, please let us know if there is anything that we can do! Mandy
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..

I'm sending you big hugs right now, Reanna. So sorry for your loss, friend.
Chut up!

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!

My friends..I would like to thank you for the condolences and wishes and hugs-  they are much needed right now and I feel much better reading your messages.
I didn't really believe it when I first heard of it....it only hit home when I saw his body at the funeral.

At his memorial service, I saw how many lives he had touched and what a truly kind soul he was...everyone spoke about how he was such a giver..and it's true, I can think of countless examples. He was the first person to give me a hug or an encouraging word or crack silly jokes to cheer me up. When we barely knew each other, he noticed that I always wore a bracelet of beads (they're my memento from Korea)  around my right wrist, so on his next trip abroad, he got another one for me...a beautiful green beaded bracelet that is on my wrist now.

He was a practicing Buddhist and had spent a lot of time at Dharamsala in Nepal earlier...One of the speakers at the service said that it might not make sense to us but it just might be that Arun had completed his circle of life and it was his time to go a higher better place and he could help a lot of people from there....I think that brought a lot of comfort to his family. His sister spoke about how in the past few months he had been the most serene he had ever been...he had been striving to be at peace with himself for a long time....I really hope he attained it before going. I think he did.

They are going to spread his ashes in the mountains of Nepal.

I will never ever forget how special he was. He is our angel now.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you...A big hug from me. I love you all.
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.