Author Topic: Best Friends Forever  (Read 72118 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Best Friends Forever
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 04:31:01 pm »
I just can't begin to tell you how much I absolutely love Best Friends Forever.  I am 100% entranced by it, sorry Mandy, but I like this one the best of the three, but that's just me.

No need to apologize  :-* Like I said, I absolutely love BFF and I can definitely see why it's your favorite. But I've been in a bit of an RPS mode lately, and Boys of Blue Ridge was complete when I found it, so I read it all in one sitting and fell in love  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
I tried to make it a policy not to recommend any stories that are still WIP, and I told Amanda about BFF with a suggestion to wait till it is complete before starting it, but I guess you didn't listen, did you Amanda, hunh?   ::).  Amanda, I don't see how you can have any patience whatsoever over waiting for updates, I really don't.  The wait is excruciating for me.!   :-\

Well, I agree the wait is excruciating.  But, sometimes when it comes to starting new fanfics "I got no resistance" (in the immortal words of LaShawn).  So, Jane, I guess I just need more recommendations of finished fanfics, hunh?!  ;) :-*  I'm glad you recommended this one... it's very good.  She updates so regularly that this one isn't as frustrating as some.

By the way!  If y'all haven't noticed yet.... Chapter 18 is now up!
 :-*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:24:55 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 04:11:51 am »
I'm trying-not very successfullly-to read only completed works (I thought BFF was complete when I started it  ::) ). The upside is no-waiting, the downside is it isn't much fun to post comments to the author when the story is 10 years old  ;D

Once again it is pumpkin hour and I am still up reading fan freakin' fiction!

O0

Heathen

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:05 am »
I'm trying-not very successfullly-to read only completed works (I thought BFF was complete when I started it  ::) ). The upside is no-waiting, the downside is it isn't much fun to post comments to the author when the story is 10 years old  ;D

Once again it is pumpkin hour and I am still up reading fan freakin' fiction!

O0

Also, there is always the chance that the story won't get finished (see Dreaming..)... which is frustrating as hell!

God, this is a wonderful story, so different from all the others! It has almost nothing to do with Jack and Ennis, other than that they have the same names!

I read the whole 18 chapters in one weekend and could not put it down! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I need to leave a coherent comment on her livejournal, I am not sure if she is a bettermost member?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 10:36:31 am »
Also, there is always the chance that the story won't get finished (see Dreaming..)... which is frustrating as hell!

God, this is a wonderful story, so different from all the others! It has almost nothing to do with Jack and Ennis, other than that they have the same names!

I read the whole 18 chapters in one weekend and could not put it down! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I need to leave a coherent comment on her livejournal, I am not sure if she is a bettermost member?

Yeah Mel, that is SO frustrating and what I also find very frustrating is,  when you have NO idea whatsoever when  a fic will be updated again.  Most authors of fic's that I'm reading update once a week or week and a half and that is, of course, just great.

Siennata is not a BM member. And have you read her latest AU!AU which was inspired by Mandy's wonderful stories and Helen's Going Home? It's called A Little Something Extra and I really like it so far. I had to get used to her Ennis though at first. It's only 2 chapters in now so very easy to catch up on  :)

http://siennasta.livejournal.com/

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:31 am »
Yeah Mel, that is SO frustrating and what I also find very frustrating is,  when you have NO idea whatsoever when  a fic will be updated again.  Most authors of fic's that I'm reading update once a week or week and a half and that is, of course, just great.

Siennata is not a BM member. And have you read her latest AU!AU which was inspired by Mandy's wonderful stories and Helen's Going Home? It's called A Little Something Extra and I really like it so far. I had to get used to her Ennis though at first. It's only 2 chapters in now so very easy to catch up on  :)

http://siennasta.livejournal.com/

As long as it is not RPS I will read it to tide me over until the next BFF update!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 10:56:48 am »
As long as it is not RPS I will read it to tide me over until the next BFF update!  :)

It's not RPS  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:59 am »
It's not RPS  :)

Good!  :) Thanks, I will read it tonight, hope writing that story doesn't get in the way of writing BFF  >:(... LOL....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 11:23:07 am »
Good!  :) Thanks, I will read it tonight, hope writing that story doesn't get in the way of writing BFF  >:(... LOL....

LOL Mel! She assured all us faithful BFF readers that it would NOT get in the way!  ;D This was just something that she really needed to write too.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:28:49 am »
What's wrong with me! I just realized I still haven't read A Little Something Extra... I'm doing that today. I love Sienna's stories so much, she always makes me happy even at her angstiest...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73