Author Topic: A New BBM Review - 'One for the Ages'  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
A New BBM Review - 'One for the Ages'
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:34:10 pm »
This is a wonderful review fellow brokie emailed me from someone who must have recently seen BBM.  This person's emotions are raw.. it includes some review of the collectors edition of the film as well and well worth the read! 

http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=5179

enjoy

dev

Edit:  Modified the thread title. ---Lynne
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:14:41 pm by Lynne »

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: A New BBM Review - 'One for the Ages'
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:13:24 pm »
Hey Dev!  Thanks so much for posting this review!  It's so awesome that 16 months after Toronto, people are still discovering the magic that is Brokeback Mountain.  The last line says it all:

"A haunting commentary on society and gender roles, this movie is one for the ages. It will go down in cinematic history as one of the greatest love stories of our time."

P.S.  I split this off into its own thread!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:04:01 pm »
Hey Dev!  Thanks so much for posting this review!  It's so awesome that 16 months after Toronto, people are still discovering the magic that is Brokeback Mountain.  The last line says it all:http://www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=5179

"A haunting commentary on society and gender roles, this movie is one for the ages. It will go down in cinematic history as one of the greatest love stories of our time."

P.S.  I split this off into its own thread!

im glad you like it and hope more bettermostians read the review..  Brokeback Mountain is definitely going down in history as one of the greatest, and in imo, THE greastest love story of all time!

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:54:13 am »
Oh I love this:

He always believes that there is a time for the two of them (sorry, "West Side Story" moment), and his unfailing belief in that is what keeps Ennis anchored.

:'(