Author Topic: What is it about Gyllenhaal?  (Read 11539 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: What is it about Gyllenhaal?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 04:11:52 pm »
I like the taste of that word, quicksilver, in relation to him.

i love how you put that. yes it does have a nice "taste" to it.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:34 pm »
i love how you put that. yes it does have a nice "taste" to it.

Oh, thanks - but I must credit Ang Lee, who said on one of the bonus features on the DVD (maybe it was the Logo special?) that he likes the taste of the words Brokeback Mountain.  :)
No more beans!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »
Oh, thanks - but I must credit Ang Lee, who said on one of the bonus features on the DVD (maybe it was the Logo special?) that he likes the taste of the words Brokeback Mountain.  :)

I'm ashamed to admit. I have not looked at the extras on the DVD. I've only been watching the film.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline JfT

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 11:02:43 pm »
What is it about JG? How much time ya got?
From an old fans pov tho, I'd say looks gets ya first, talent & then that boyish goofiness he exudes from time to time. Not to mention he's rather intelligent in an unassuming way.
All in all, not unlike the kid next door .( I wish ; )
As for the comparison to Monty, I'll pass on that one. Just don't see it. MC had a sort of nervous energy in almost everything he did. Jake on the other hand, a quiet kind of force.
Theres a scene in Jarhead that grabs me every time. See it & you'll know the one.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 08:30:39 am »
As for the comparison to Monty, I'll pass on that one. Just don't see it. MC had a sort of nervous energy in almost everything he did. Jake on the other hand, a quiet kind of force.
Theres a scene in Jarhead that grabs me every time. See it & you'll know the one.

A quiet kind of force.  What a perfect way of saying that.  I don't get the Monty comparison, either.  Pure matinee idol looks - maybe.  But it ends there.

And do you mean the scene in which he finally gets the sniper assignment, only to have it taken away, and the way he's so calm while Peter Sarsgaard goes ballistic?
No more beans!

Offline JfT

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 02:53:21 pm »
Hi ednbarby, yes! thats one I'd forgotten about, but theres another. Don't want to give too much away, but it does involve a rifle.
Peter Sarsgaard, another talent not to be missed.

Offline korgriff

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 04:07:45 pm »
WHat is it about Jake?  EVERYTHING!!  I've been a fan for awhile now and i have to say that he is a very personable man.  He's got a certain kind of grace but at the same time hes not afraid to let loose and have some fun.  He has a wonderful sense of humor, and a confidence that is unassuming.  He's just so likeable!  Not just his hottie status but in his interviews he seems genuine and caring and sweet.  He's not afraid of challenges and hes not afraid to do something he believes in.  All in all an incredible man.  AND THOSE EYES!!!!!! They get me everytime!!  They are soo expressive!!!  He can eat crackers in my bed anyday and leave the crumbs!!
"....you got a better idea?" Ennis Del Mar
"I did once." Jack Twist