Author Topic: Weird on IMDb ~ same for anyone else?  (Read 6166 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Weird on IMDb ~ same for anyone else?
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:05:52 pm »
Just thought I'd check out what was happening at IMDb, but cannot access the message boards - none of them, not at all, nor my message board profile.

Anyone else having the same experience?  Wondering what's going on...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

vkm91941

Re: Weird on IMDb ~ same for anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 11:12:33 pm »
I just tried and I cannot open any message board or my profile.  I had sent a few PM's this morning and wanted to see if they had been received and can't get in.  Who knows!  ::)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 11:14:48 pm »
Have been having the same problem for the last 30 minutes or so.  Wonder what's going to be left when we can get back on....
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:15:12 pm »
I have noticed this as well.  The page just sits there and never loads.   :-\  But I can read the comment pages.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:17:05 pm by two_bloody_shirts »
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:18:41 pm »
Hmmm - great mystery.  I'm of the opinion that IMDb needs to stop hosting message boards until they are willing to take some responsibility for moderating them. 

It's such a shame the incredible sorrow they've allowed to unfold.  I'm guessing they had no idea what they were going to have to manage, but their response has been so disappointing. 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

vkm91941

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:21:29 pm »
Yep just got the infamous Microsoft warning page....

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I would like to believe that the letters some of us have been sending regularly including a a couple of blistering letters Jenny, Meryl and I wrote were finally having an effect and some kind of update is taking place....but I just don't think I have that kind of hope left in me anymore.

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:27:02 pm »
The last 3 letters I sent them, pointing out that they're losing the kind of visitors to their site that their advertisers would want....none of them show up on my contact history.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:33:31 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:29:26 pm »
Hoping against hope that they took the server down to try to do something about Trollmania. I sure hope so cuz I'm not done being obssessed with the message board and the naughty rat bastard kids are killing my buzz.

O0

Heathen

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 11:31:08 pm »
Oh, and Vic, I contacted the admins and went on a serious rant on your behalf!

Heathen

vkm91941

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 11:32:07 pm »
Hoping against hope that they took the server down to try to do something about Trollmania. I sure hope so cuz I'm not done being obssessed with the message board and the naughty rat bastard kids are killing my buzz.

O0

I hear you Ruby I had gotten into a couple really lively conversations with newbies about the first and second tent scenes and about that whole I'm Sorry and It's alright debate and it was getting to be fun again!  Hey Pal thanks for sticking up for me!  You're the best!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:49:05 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 11:39:13 pm »

... kids are killing my buzz.

I sooooo hate buzz kill, but love the way you say it!

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 12:01:48 am »
 ??? well I can get into the site, but not into the message boards for any movie or person - maybe they are "fixing" the problem? No wait - that would require someone with balls to take charge, make a decision or something like that............
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 12:06:08 am »
I gave up trying...
Last tried to get on the BBM board less than an hour ago..no luck...
maybe maintenace to the site? Wierd.. ???

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 12:11:55 am »
I must have just gotten in under the wire.  I sent my complaint letter and got the automatic reply at 10:44 pm EST, less than an hour and a half ago.

Or maybe I was the one that shut 'em down!  What power!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

vkm91941

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 12:12:31 am »
I jus tried again and can only access the home page and the main page for any film chosen...beyond that it tells me the site is not responding or is experiencing technical difficulties.  :-\

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 12:18:59 am »
Hey Vic, you don't mean me when you're talking about 'Jenny' writing blistering letters lately right? I haven't written to them in a week or two. We may have to have some distinguisher for me and the new Jenny (I think you mean JCObserver right?) funny thing is, my last name also begins with a 'C.'

I propose we say either NYD Jenny for me, or just Jenny, and then use JennyC for the other Jenny, since that is (I think) her screenname.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 12:20:23 am »
Yep, I was having the same problem. Couldn't open any pages, all I got was a blank screen or an "Error" message. Apparently AT&T is having a problem that affects connectivity for everyone using SBC or Yahoo/DSL. Just got off with the guy from Tech support about it. He said by 3 AM it should be solved. Not sure that's the reason why IMDB is acting up, thouh.

"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

vkm91941

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 12:22:40 am »
Hey Vic, you don't mean me when you're talking about 'Jenny' writing blistering letters lately right? I haven't written to them in a week or two. We may have to have some distinguisher for me and the new Jenny (I think you mean JCObserver right?) funny thing is, my last name also begins with a 'C.'

I propose we say either NYD Jenny for me, or just Jenny, and then use JennyC for the other Jenny, since that is (I think) her screenname.

Works for me you're just Jenny and she can be JennyC
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 12:29:37 am by vkm91941 »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 12:29:09 am »
The big board is back up.

O0

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 12:38:44 am »
Yep RouxB...just noticed that too.. :)