Author Topic: Parodies  (Read 2550 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Parodies
« on: April 16, 2006, 02:50:08 am »
The press may have died down but the parodies haven't!

First on SNL, they have a sketch that I guess is recurring because this is the second one I've seen.  It's the guy from All That and the girl with the bug eyes that did the Boston sketch with Jimmy Fallon.  Sorry I don't know their names or the title but.. they're like ravers and they have a show.  It's actually pretty funny.

But they had someone performing a remix of "The Wings" from BBM.  It went something like..

Girl:  Wow... that really makes you think
Guy:  About what?
Girl:  Beans.

THEN I went to see Scary Movie 4 (hush!) and you can see bits of the BBM parody in the previews.  But basically the 2 guys are reminiscing of the spot where they go to "fish".  The set up was actually really good, looked just like the real set.  They go in the tent, and the tension builds, and they start singing "Hello" by Lionel Richie to eachother and tearing off their clothes and stuff.  We later see them in buttless chaps.  It was... kind of funny.

Was that too in depth for parodies? 
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

vkm91941

Re: Parodies
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 03:09:04 am »
The press may have died down but the parodies haven't!

First on SNL, they have a sketch that I guess is recurring because this is the second one I've seen.  It's the guy from All That and the girl with the bug eyes that did the Boston sketch with Jimmy Fallon.  Sorry I don't know their names or the title but.. they're like ravers and they have a show.  It's actually pretty funny.

But they had someone performing a remix of "The Wings" from BBM.  It went something like..

Girl:  Wow... that really makes you think
Guy:  About what?
Girl:  Beans.

THEN I went to see Scary Movie 4 (hush!) and you can see bits of the BBM parody in the previews.  But basically the 2 guys are reminiscing of the spot where they go to "fish".  The set up was actually really good, looked just like the real set.  They go in the tent, and the tension builds, and they start singing "Hello" by Lionel Richie to eachother and tearing off their clothes and stuff.  We later see them in buttless chaps.  It was... kind of funny.

Was that too in depth for parodies? 

I just admre you Andrew for being brave enough to admit you went to see  Scary Movie 4. LOL  ;)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:32:18 am »
I just admre you Andrew for being brave enough to admit you went to see  Scary Movie 4. LOL  ;)

LOL  thanks.  it took a lot of courage.

i am not a fan of mind-numbingly stupid and pointless movies in the least, but i'm a huge horror fan.  and even though little of the movies are actually based on horror, i still find them hilarious.  well, most of them.  but they have their funny moments.

anyway, anna faris stars in them!  she was in bbm.  so there's my justification.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:00:56 am »
My all time favourite parody is still:

http://www.starz.com/features/brokebackmountain/

I've watched about a hundred times and it still cracks me up!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!