Author Topic: Vladimir Putin . . . is it just me?  (Read 78268 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Vladimir Putin . . . is it just me?
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:42 pm »
I'm in Sydney, Australia, Geri. That's about 16 hours ahead of you. As I write this message, it is nearing 11pm on Friday night here. If the international clock on my PC is correct, that'd make it approximately 7am Friday morning, where you are.  :)

Wow Kerry that's a huge time difference!  No wonder your on at odd times!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2007, 12:25:43 am »
Do you recognize it? I wasn't sure if it was a 'common' rhyme or not...I know we tormented everyone in the first grade with it!! LOL!!

and I remember the OUTRAGE that anyone would think I would EVER sit in a tree and kiss that Kenneth Samson!! BLECH!!

(although he was my very first crush.....he had to go get a vaccine and came back with his shirt pulled down showing his shoulder...all golden skin and smooth and that curve of the shoulder...*swoon* I remember that like yesterday!! I mean good grief that was a hundred years ago!)

but I didn't want anyone to think I would actually KISS him...

SORRY back to Vladimir!!

I didn't recognise it, Jess. I thought you must have written it just for me and Vladimir! LOL  ;D

Where I grew up in Sydney's Northern Beaches, I had no little boys to play with. All the children in my street, my age, were little girls. Though there were boys at school, I always gravitated towards the girls to play with. They were always clean and smelt nice and what's more important, they weren't interested in bloody cricket! All the boys were obsessed with either cricket or rugby, both of which left me bored to tears. I went to an all-boys school from age 12 and I missed having my little girl friends to play with in the school yard.

Skipping was as athletic as I could manage!!! My favourite skipping game started out slow, reciting something like "What sort of man will I marry?" over and over (I forget the exact words), and then the two children holding each end of the rope would increase the pace to warp speed as they shouted, increasingly quickly, the different categories of men you might marry. Whichever name the skipper was tripped up on, was supposed to be the man you would marry.

Jess, you mentioned that you could remember things vividly from your childhood. So can I. I can still remember all the different men I could have married, in their correct order:
* Tinker
* Tailor
* Soldier
* Sailor
* Rich Man
* Poor Man
* Beggar Man
* Thief

This was repeated over and over, at an ever increasing speed, until the skipper tripped up. I remember that I always wanting to land on "Sailor." Even at age 8, I was keen on men in uniform!  ::)

Funny thing is, I did marry a sailor (Royal Australian Navy) and we were together for many years.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 12:29:13 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2007, 12:28:59 am »
who doesn't love a man in uniform??!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2007, 12:33:41 am »
who doesn't love a man in uniform??!

:laugh: :laugh:

What's that old saying, Jess, "All good girls love a sailor." And I was always a good girl!   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2007, 12:46:47 am »
Do you remember that moment Kerry?? the very first time you felt that lightening strike of desire for someone?? I was too young to know EXACTLY what I wanted to do with that boy but it had something to do with that patch of bare skin....

8) 8)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2007, 01:23:27 am »
Do you remember that moment Kerry?? the very first time you felt that lightening strike of desire for someone?? I was too young to know EXACTLY what I wanted to do with that boy but it had something to do with that patch of bare skin....

8) 8)

I'm a pretty old fashioned kinda gal, Jess!  ::) 

Though I had crushes on a couple of boys at school (and a few of the teachers, too!) nothing was ever consummated. I have only ever been "in love" with one man! My sailor! True story! When you've had the best, who needs the rest?!  ;) 

I still remember vividly the moment I met him. I can still clearly see the room where we met - a beautiful house with picture windows overlooking the Pacific Ocean. And though I can't remember what I was wearing, I will never forget what he was wearing - his "eights" (Royal Australian Navy work uniform). I literally went weak at the knees! He was the most beautifully handsome thing I had ever seen in my life, with his dark hair and intense blue-grey eyes! I fell in love with him at first sight!  :D

I'll always love him.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2007, 01:25:31 am »
I'm a pretty old fashioned kinda gal, Jess!  ::) 

Though I had crushes on a couple of boys at school (and a few of the teachers, too!) nothing was ever consummated. I have only ever been "in love" with one man! My sailor! True story! When you've had the best, who needs the rest?!  ;) 

I still remember vividly the moment I met him. I can still clearly see the room where we met - a beautiful house with picture windows overlooking the Pacific Ocean. And though I can't remember what I was wearing, I will never forget what he was wearing - his "eights" (Royal Australian Navy work uniform). I literally went weak at the knees! He was the most beautifully handsome thing I had ever seen in my life, with his dark hair and intense blue-grey eyes! I fell in love with him at first sight!  :D

I'll always love him.

oh !! that is so sweet...what happened to him??

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:20 am »

When you've had the best, who needs the rest?!  ;) 

<raising hand high in the air>

I'll take the rest!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2007, 01:31:07 am »
Wow Kerry that's a huge time difference!  No wonder your on at odd times!

I was born and raised in Sydney, Geri, and have always lived here. I live only a couple of minutes drive from this:

I drive across the Harbour Bridge every day as I travel to work.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2007, 01:35:04 am »
<raising hand high in the air>

I'll take the rest!  :D

David!!

You get that arm DOWN!!

Ya'll just ignore him it is the pain killers talking!!