Author Topic: Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'  (Read 1911 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'
« on: February 05, 2007, 02:32:44 pm »
Hi lovely CT people!

I posted the video links over at Anything Goes, but just wanted to put a link to the topic here for infrequent visitors to AG.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7927.0.html
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline j.U.d.E.

Re: Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 11:42:27 am »
Thank you Nicky! We had 'Coronation Street' here on BBC Prime for a while, but I just missed those episodes. I think, that is, because I had never seen Coronation Street in my life! I had heard about the coming out story and watched 1,5 episodes, but it was all over by then..

Nice to have it on Youtube!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:20:24 pm »
Hellfire, here's the post in full, so y'all don't wear out your clicky finger... ;D

Hi folks!

I came across this on YouTube yesterday and had to post it for all of you who haven't already seen it. Some wonderful person has posted the entirety of one of the best storylines of Brit soap 'Coronation Street'. It's gripping, sensitively handled and beautifully acted by the two young leads (Bruno Langley and Tina O'Brien) and deals with a teenager's coming out.

I don't want to say too much about the story and spoil it for new viewers, but basically it's set in Manchester in the UK, and concerns a very bright young 18 year old lad (Todd) who's decided to forego University in order to set up home with his 16 year old girlfriend (Sarah) and her young daughter by her first boyfriend. At this point in the story Sarah is pregnant with their child... and then her older brother Nick returns from his stint living in Canada.

Each part is less than 10 minutes long (the relevant scenes have been spliced together) and you really need to watch them in sequence to feel the full impact of the story. I challenge you not to be totally gripped by this...

PART 1

PART 2
&mode=related&search=
PART 3
&mode=related&search=
PART 4
&mode=related&search=
PART 5
&mode=related&search=
PART 6
&mode=related&search=
PART 7
&mode=related&search=
PART 8
&mode=related&search=
PART 9
&mode=related&search=
PART 10
&mode=related&search=
PART 11
&mode=related&search=
PART 12
&mode=related&search=
PART 13
&mode=related&search=
PART 14
&mode=related&search=
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!