Author Topic: So "Lost" is back tonight. Do you care?  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
So "Lost" is back tonight. Do you care?
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:43:31 pm »
Once upon a time, I was a rabid fan. But with all the "repeats" and gaps between new episodes last season, and the lapse of time since the last broadcast this fall--not to mention that I'm not engaged by the plotlines involving the Others--I'm afraid the show has "lost" me.

I think I'll be stickin' with Medium come 10 o'clock tonight.

Though Josh Holloway (Sawyer), with his Georgia twang and his scruffy, bad-boy sexiness, is still the hottest man on television. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: So "Lost" is back tonight. Do you care?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:49:25 pm »
I'll be watching!       I haven't missed an episode yet.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:54:09 pm »
I pretty much lost interest in "Lost" awhile ago because I felt like I was being jerked around by the writers.  Too many unexplained things, too many characters, too many flashbacks finally got me annoyed to the point where I didn't enjoy it any more.  I didn't have faith that the writers even knew where all this was going.  They seemed to be writing quirky stuff just to put the fans in a tizzy.

I kind of half watched the special and the new episode last night and felt like they connected it a little better, but it's still so distended and overwritten, I don't know how they're going to make it make any more sense this season either.  Too bad, because there are some nice actors in it.  I just wish there weren't so many!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 11:27:44 pm »
Nicely put, Meryl, as always.  :D

I wonder whether Lost has "jumped the shark," and, if so, at what point did that happen?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 11:57:23 pm »
I wonder whether Lost has "jumped the shark," and, if so, at what point did that happen?  ???

It seems to me that that's about ALL they do!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:25:21 am »
Too bad, because there are some nice actors in it.  I just wish there weren't so many!  :P

Meryl,  try watching it again.  They killed off several of the characters last year.  Plus they are now back to focusing on just a few at a time.

Offline David

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:30:18 am »
Nicely put, Meryl, as always.  :D

Personally I think that last "Great" episode was last seasons finalle.   I wont say which things, just incase some people haven't seen it.

This years opening episode was such a yawn!   In fact, 95% of this years episodes were slow.   But from what I read, that is because J.J. Abrahams didn't write those shows.  He was off making movies.

I hope they can get back into the grove.  I think there are more plots to develope.   But I do agree that sometimes the flashbacks can get too boring.