Author Topic: A you appreciation thread  (Read 4948 times)

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
Re: A you appreciation thread
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 01:36:06 am »
Amen, y'all. And yee haw!!

I love you all too, my brokie brethren. You guys, through these boards and our beautiful discussions, have sustained me. Like manna in the desert.

No one else in my extra-virtual  (like extracurricular, get it?) life is a dyed-in-the-wool, clinically obssessed, goner brokie with thermometer shattering-ly high grade Brokeback fever. I was alone. Isolated like a Jack or an Ennis. More like a Jack, I guess. You guys have really kept me sane and given me this desperately needed - and from-the-bottom-of-my-heart, deeply appreciated - outlet for my love of Brokeback Mountain. Plus as latjoreme states below, these discussiona and analyses (plural of analysis, right?) have tremendously enriched and deepend my experiene of the film.

Cowboy hugs and kisses to all of you!  :-*

Keren/ELJ

P.S. Philip (and other tech-savvy types), do you recall IMDB mark-ups included a smiley face kissing another smiley the cheek? Whaddaya say, Philip, can you create kissing cowboy smileys for us? I'd also dig cowboy smileys/smilies(sp?) that kiss on the mouth. Reunion scene smileys. Maybe one can even knock the other one's cowboy hat off before kissing commences.....Mmm...OK, that's my smiley wishlist. Thanks for reading. Mwah!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 04:46:35 pm by EnnisLovesJack »
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 11:00:08 am »
Me too!!!!! Sometimes I wonder whether I'd be sane by now if I didn't have you guys. I only know a couple of other people who've even seen the movie, and nobody is anywhere near similarly obsessed. I guess I would have a deeper understanding of what it must be like for Ennis, harboring a secret love but NEVER ABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!! Thank god we don't have to go through that.

But also, I shudder to realize how much less I'd be getting out of the movie without you all. How many of the metaphors and subtleties and nuances would I have missed on my own? I might never have seen the hand holdin or heard the "hey, c'mere," might never have fully grasped the meaning of water or snow or wind, of beans vs. sheep vs. elk, of sky colors vs. earth tones, of the tar-speading scene, of all the bookends and echoes and overlapped words and ... I can tell you beyond a shadow of doubt that I would take the buckets and coffee pots for granted!

Thanks to all you insightful, intelligent, funny, clever, observant, expressive, thoughtful people!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 11:30:43 am »
Allow me also to express the depth of gratitude that I experience to you all for your continual support of (among other things) my insane ramblings as I traverse the mystic operations this film, and my own deep emotional responses, have granted me. To say "Thank you." sounds weak in comparison to what I truly feel, and any number of very's would only further support the inanity that I rather desperately attempt to avoid.

I have only this to say. I honestly, sincerely, genuinely am truly grateful for all of you here on this board. I deeply love every one of you. I  want the best for you, no matter what happens. I want you to be successful and happy in life. And most importantly I want the way that you are honoring this film to affect your life in exactly the way that you need. It is a healing power in a world that sometimes seems power-hungry and selacious. But as the song says, this is a "world that may say that we're wrong." and it does not take into account our own sacred paths that we are walking. I have written many poems in my lifetime, and if even one of them could capture the beauty of the film and of the beloved response to it then I can say that I will not have lived in vain.

Let love reign supreme!
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.