Author Topic: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?  (Read 89493 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »
lmao!

I celebrate the day after Valentine's.....1/2 Price Chocolate day!  :laugh;

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:47 pm »
Actually, I "plan" to watch Mercy Street on PBS at 10 p.m. that evening.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:56 pm »
I bought a Valentine box and have it tucked away till then.
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2016, 09:02:08 am »
Oooh, he's got a box!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2016, 11:31:50 am »
A Valentines box. . .I like that idea!!

Last Tuesday my grandsons and I spent a happy two hours making Valentines. I think the older one started to understand how he should put flower and kitten stickers on the one for mommy, rather than robots, swords and construction equipment.

I've been reading about St. Valentine, who seems to have been single, since he was a Roman Catholic priest. But he helped others by restoring sight and curing epilepsy, and he officiated in secret weddings of Christians, for which he was martyred. I'd like to do something to make others feel loved this Valentines Day, as I feel loved myself. I'm going to start with my elderly kitty, maybe give her a bath and then blow dry her fur as we sit before the fireplace.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »
Last Tuesday my grandsons and I spent a happy two hours making Valentines. I think the older one started to understand how he should put flower and kitten stickers on the one for mommy, rather than robots, swords and construction equipment.

Mommy doesn't like robots, swords, and construction equipment?  ???  ;D

What did you use to make the valentines? Do they still make construction paper and the kind of paste that naughty kids used to eat?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »
What did you use to make the valentines? Do they still make construction paper and the kind of paste that naughty kids used to eat?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   So, Jeff, how did that paste taste?

We didn't make our Valentines at school, we used to buy the pre-printed up ones,  sign names and hand them out.

I remember one year finding these valentines, and being excited to pass them out. 

I thought it was cool that they included other heros besides the Super Friends (Batgirl, Supergirl, Plastic Man, Wonder Girl, Green Arrow, Black Canary) and that the one card had the Wonder Twins, who were always left off of everything.  LOL

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2016, 10:14:36 pm »
Yes, they make that paste, but we used glue sticks.

Cool Valentines, Chuck!

I was invited to a Galentine's party and I just realized what that means!! I think I'll go!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2016, 10:24:05 pm »
Yes, they make that paste, but we used glue sticks.

Good to know. I think. ...  ;D  I use glue sticks for projects, too, but I don't make valentines.

I was invited to a Galentine's party and I just realized what that means!! I think I'll go!!

Sounds like it's a party for women who are alone on Valentine's Day.  :(  But what about R.?  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:11 pm »
R. and I already celebrated Valentine's Day. On Thursday he gave me a Valentine's Day card (very romantic) and *gasp* a new snow shovel! (Mine was stolen). It was so sweet because it was obviously a new snow shovel, yet he said, "I had two, so I brought you one." He also brought food for my cat and toys for my grandchildren. Then, after a romantic interlude, we went out to have sushi, sitting beside an aquarium and enjoying Japanese treats. Then we came home and, after another romantic interlude, we had cinnamon rolls for dessert and looked through various gardening books. He walked my property and sketched out for me the precious bulbs from the Middle East that he would like to plant there.

We'll be getting together again on Sunday afternoon. The Galentines party is Saturday. I think I'll be allowed to attend if I don't gush too much about R.