Author Topic: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?  (Read 89506 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2016, 11:34:59 pm »
I went out and bought a flowering plant and matching pot for R. for Valentine's Day. I also picked up all the ingredients for Sticky Toffee Pudding and made the sauce. Tonight I'm going to make a handmade Valentine and tomorrow I'm going to go to the mountaineering store and get ice cleats for him. He walks his dog twice a day and often slips on the ice.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:07 am »
R. and I already celebrated Valentine's Day. On Thursday he gave me a Valentine's Day card (very romantic) and *gasp* a new snow shovel! (Mine was stolen). It was so sweet because it was obviously a new snow shovel, yet he said, "I had two, so I brought you one." He also brought food for my cat and toys for my grandchildren. Then, after a romantic interlude, we went out to have sushi, sitting beside an aquarium and enjoying Japanese treats. Then we came home and, after another romantic interlude, we had cinnamon rolls for dessert and looked through various gardening books. He walked my property and sketched out for me the precious bulbs from the Middle East that he would like to plant there.

We'll be getting together again on Sunday afternoon. The Galentines party is Saturday. I think I'll be allowed to attend if I don't gush too much about R.

Under the circumstances I think the snow shovel was a very thoughtful gift. I hope it's the kind that's supposedly easy on the back.

I'd be careful considerate of what I said if that party is for women who are alone.

I guess nothing says love like a pair of ice cleats.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 08:08:05 pm »
LUnch with the family today, and laundry.  So romantic, huh?  LOL  later tonight, Walking Dead starts again.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 10:29:40 pm »
LUnch with the family today, and laundry.  So romantic, huh?  LOL  later tonight, Walking Dead starts again.

I turned down an invitation to dinner from a very handsome, intelligent, personable young man because of my head cold.  >:(  So here I sit watching Casablanca on TCM, a very good movie though by no means high on my list of favorites. Another chapter of Mercy Street airs on PBS at 10 p.m.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2016, 04:26:10 pm »
Despite the snow, I ran an errand to the drugstore, and there was a huge pile of leftover Valentine's Day candy at the front of the store, all 50%.

Meanwhile, a store clerk was busy filling shelves with Easter candy. ...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »
Oh yeah, I've been seeing Easter candy out already, but Easter is early this year (March 27), so I can understand why they're putting it up so quickly. 

As of today there are 40 days to Easter.   So on Friday,  March 18th, I'll be taking down the St. Patrick' stuff, and putting up the Easter stuff.  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2016, 05:57:22 pm »
I turned down an invitation to dinner from a very handsome, intelligent, personable young man because of my head cold.  >:( 

I hope you at least took a raincheck!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2016, 05:59:02 pm »

Meanwhile, a store clerk was busy filling shelves with Easter candy. ...

What, no President's candy?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:34 am »

Oh yeah, did you?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2016, 10:32:30 am »

Oh yeah, did you?

Not in so many words. It's just a matter of coordinating schedules.