Author Topic: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?  (Read 89498 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2017, 01:57:12 pm »
I'm in the market for alternative Valentine's ideas this year. Flowers are so temporary, chocolates are sugary and caloric and most of us are single. How can we celebrate in an inclusive way?

Remembering back to my high school days, it was almost imperative to have a romantic interest, but on the other hand if you tried to start a relationship at that time, the other person would get all freaked out. So what about a frientine celebration? Or a galentine thing for the girls? Guyentine? Need your ideas, friends!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 02:29:18 pm »
How can we celebrate in an inclusive way?

How about by doing our best to ignore it? I know it's impossible to ignore it completely, because the stores are already full of Valentine's stuff, so it's right under your nose, but if it's possible for me to hate a day worse than New Year's, Valentine's would be it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2017, 08:39:26 pm »
Here's a site that has ideas for celebrating "Galentine's Day", a day for gals to get together and enjoy themselves. http://hellogiggles.com/10-ways-to-celebrate-your-galentines-day/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Most likely nothing.  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2017, 12:31:06 pm »
My favorite Valentine's card.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2017, 12:40:07 pm »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:48 pm »
How about by doing our best to ignore it? I know it's impossible to ignore it completely, because the stores are already full of Valentine's stuff, so it's right under your nose, but if it's possible for me to hate a day worse than New Year's, Valentine's would be it.

Actually, I probably won't completely ignore it. I take this as one of those occasions to do something nice for myself, something that generally involves food, in this case probably lasagna for supper that evening.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2017, 02:11:59 pm »
perhaps some cookies for the office...

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »
Actually, I probably won't completely ignore it. I take this as one of those occasions to do something nice for myself, something that generally involves food, in this case probably lasagna for supper that evening.  :)

Probably not going to be lasagna after all. The steaks I ordered from Omaha Steaks that I bought with "points" from work arrived yesterday. Looks like it will be a steak instead.

Incidentally, I'm not quite sure what to make of those steaks. I ordered a combination pack of ribeye steaks and hamburgers. They sent me four "fillets of prime rib." Whether what I ordered is no longer available or simply out of stock, so they sent something else, I don't know. The fillets I'm sure would be considered a better cut of beef than the ribeyes, but I specifically ordered the ribeyes and the hamburgers because they are leaner meat. Prime rib is prime because of the fat in it, and these fillets are well marbled with fat. Call me goofy, but I would rather have had the leaner meat.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2017, 12:33:46 pm »
I occasionally buy from Ohama steaks as well.  Their stuff is pretty good.