Author Topic: Happy Birthday Bettermost  (Read 6011 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Happy Birthday Bettermost
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:18 pm »
Happy Birthday Bettermost!

Thanks to Phillip and John for creating this place, and for rescuing us (I am a Tremblayan) from the troll wars. I landed here on March 30, 2006. To think that Bettermost was just a toddler at that time! Boy, have we grown up fast...

L
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:50:30 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 07:36:22 pm »

Happy Birthday BetterMost!!!!

I am so got I found my way here and met all you great people here. :D :D :D

So here is a great big

to those who made it possible and all of you too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:45:09 pm by marlb42 »

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 07:56:02 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETTERMOST!

Happy Birthday Bettermost!

Thanks to Phillip and John for creating this place, and for rescuing us (I am a Tremblayan) from the troll wars. I landed here on March 30, 2006. To think that Bettermost was just a toddler at that time! Boy, have we grown up fast...

L
As another Tremblayan, I echo that thanks for rescuing us from the trolls at IMDb. We had quite some time of it, and my ignore list on IMDb still reads like a NY phone book. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:50:55 pm by MaineWriter »
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 08:04:24 pm »
Happy Birthday Bettermost!!!!!!

I'm also a Trembleyan and I have to say Bettermost has becomed much more than just a forum. I know some of the original members has gone on with their lives, but I'm sure they will remember this place as second home. Thank you Phillip for opening the doors to us when the troll wars, and allowed us to continue to grow and learn from BBM, the reason for all this.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 10:17:57 am »
I wish to thank everyone for their good wishes, but more importantly for making a home here and coming back day after day.  So many changes are in the works that John and I have been jumping from one thing to another on our lists, and it's been more work than we thought, so we hope to spread things out over this anniversary week.  I am still working on the State of the Town address which will recap 2006 and help explain what we're aiming to do in 2007.

I especially recognize that this home must never be a one trick pony, and that even as people have managed to deal with the film, there can still be reasons to spend time here, and giving people fun things to do and ways to explore and share their own creativity are key.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Happy Birthday Bettermost!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 04:10:22 pm »
Happy 1st Anniversary Bettermost! This is actually the first anniversary of the day I joined (Feb 14th) so even though I'm late to say Happy Birthday, it's also a year marker today for me. Phillip and John, you've done so much for so many people with this site. Thank you for making it a continually friendly, positive, and full-hearted place for hundreds of people to come together and share a little of our lives and our love for Brokeback Mountain. It's been high-class entertainment and so much more.

Big Birthday Blessings on you and long live Bettermost!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 02:21:06 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTERMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My touch stone, the home of my friends, my pharmacy, my warm spot in my heart.

Bless all who enter here.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 06:20:16 pm »
"my pharmacy"  :laugh:

Mine, too.  ::)
Ich bin ein Brokie...