Author Topic: Does this seem pro-Brokeback?  (Read 7871 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Does this seem pro-Brokeback?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:25 pm »
Really cool piece. I totally enjoyed writing it. I'm glad it's on Wikipedia, it'll be read by many.

What do you mean writing it?  I wrote that part of the article...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 12:36:01 am »
LOL! I'm sure she was just tired when she wrote that, and didn't *read* it over before she posted.

Anyway, you do us proud brother Slayers!!! Thanks for stepping up to the plate and delivering on the wikipedia front. It will be noticed by many. And you have a nice authoratative but objective sounding voice.

Definitely pro-brokeback.

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 01:42:16 am »
Thanks Jenny...glad I can be of some use in this crazy world.... ;D

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 09:07:44 am »
Is it just me or has the article for BBM on Wikipedia been shortened or altered.  I do remember the article saying how BBM was inspired by Titanic and I went "say what?"  It had some other observations as well. Now there gone. I know it's an on-line encylcopedia (?sp), which gives them liberty to revise articles as needbe as oppose to one in print.  But Wikipedia is a good source of  info allround. They even have an articel on J.Gy and his "style." 

The movie about vehicle impacts. I never utter the name.  It doesn't exist. The 2005 A.A. didn't happen either. Well, hope Ang Lee,  A Proux and Ossana/McMurtry get some sort of Nobel prize for peace/literature.  There not announced until December. And the Nobel prizes give you money (quite a bit of money), not some cheap-skate art nouveau statue.