Author Topic: More Fantastic Rare Promotional/Deleted Scene Photos  (Read 6118 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
More Fantastic Rare Promotional/Deleted Scene Photos
« on: April 17, 2006, 07:38:00 am »
 :o  These are the best collection I've seen so far!  Thanks to a member of LiveJournal Community Wranglers for pointing these out - here's some wonderful hi-resolution images:

A Czech Fan Website

Save them while you can!
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: More Fantastic Rare Promotional/Deleted Scene Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:51:37 am »
Thanks for this link...lots of good photos.

Interesting in the description (oh, doesn't everyone know? I read Czechoslovakian  ;)) -- there is Jakea Gyllenhaala and Heatha Legdera but Ang Lee is just...Ang Lee.

Oh, update: I just saw there is Anga Leeho. Scratch the comment from this morning.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:35:58 pm by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 09:12:31 am »
Thanks 2_b_s for sharing, these are great!!

BTW, are these the infamous hippies that Ennis + Jack saved in that deleted scene, to the left in this pic:

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/_filmy/b_zkrocena_hora/fotografie/058_zkrocena_hora.jpg

lol

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:15:14 am »
I'd love to know/see more about the hippy scene. I read somewhere that it was supposed to show that Ennis and Jack were "real" cowboys, but does anyone know what actually occurred?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 10:36:58 am »
Thanks TBS, you find the best pics!

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I don't want to see the hippy scene.  I heard Heath describe it in that audio interview, and to me it I guess the ridiculousness of it ruins the sanctity of the movie for me.  Probably because my warped mind still percieves this movie and the characters in it and their situation as *real*!  In that interview, Heath mentioned that scene was written by James Schamus and it just didn't fit in with the rest of the movie.

Maybe over time my emotional grip on the movie will lessen a little and it wouldn't bother me to see it.  I don't seem to feel the same way about seeing stills from scenes that weren't in the film.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 10:53:34 am »
What? I thought you guys were joking about the hippy scene, though I did think who are those people in the background when I saw that picture...

was there really a hippy scene?  or is this some joke I'm missing...  ???
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 10:58:15 am »

No, it's real.  All I remember Heath saying about it was the hippies were in trouble, like their car or VW bus or whatever broke down or something, and E&J came to their rescue.  He said everybody thought it was awful at the time, but they shot it anyway, and thankfully it got scrapped.  If I still have that interview or a link to it at home, I'll post it for you.

Eh, as I'm typing this I'm thinking maybe I could handle watching it!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 10:59:26 am »

Supposedly there was, but it ended up "on the cutting room floor."

While I understand "the sanctity" amh, I still want to see it...in fact, I want to see every single second of film that was shot that includes Jack and Ennis, only so I can get more of them! LOL

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 11:01:29 am »
 :)  I'm with you on this Leslie - I want to see everything, I am a visual person and no amount of writing/talking can make up for the actual scene whether good or bad................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 11:02:26 am »
I'm with you two, I want to see all of the deleted scenes, with or without hippies... I need as much Jack and Ennis as I can get!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73