Author Topic: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....  (Read 15898 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »
The thing I worry about here is how/when radio stations decided not to play DC's after the 'incident.'  It's sort of a chicken/egg question, but I wonder how much conservative base outrage led to removing them from playlists vs. publicizing N's remarks about Bush and removing them from playlists fueled the outrage?

I know I see conspiracies in every shadow, and it doesn't make it OK for N to paint their fanbase with the same brush, still, though.  I can see how a total lack of support would make her want to lash out.  Certainly, they paid an economic price for the allegedly 'free' speech.

??? :-\
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 01:24:56 am »
The thing I worry about here is how/when radio stations decided not to play DC's after the 'incident.'  It's sort of a chicken/egg question, but I wonder how much conservative base outrage led to removing them from playlists vs. publicizing N's remarks about Bush and removing them from playlists fueled the outrage?

I know I see conspiracies in every shadow, and it doesn't make it OK for N to paint their fanbase with the same brush, still, though.  I can see how a total lack of support would make her want to lash out.  Certainly, they paid an economic price for the allegedly 'free' speech.

??? :-\

it was a slow progression...some of the really really conservative stations pulled them. They got publicity, the press asked The DC what they thought, DC went off on country fans, then fans began to tell the stations to pull them. then there was MORE publicity, and other country stars were asked about it. then DC attacked them for what they percieved as attacks...and it snowballed.

The problem you have with any group of people is they don't want to think for themselves. they want to feel like they are 'doing something' about an issue. but they don't want to be put out to do it. So you have people burning cds. cause it makes them feel like they really did something. although it changed nothing.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 02:40:18 am »
I haven't heard any Dixie Chick songs played on the Indianapolis country music stations since the incident. I listen to WFMS nearly 24 hours a day. They have boycotted the DC's all along. So have the other stations here.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 05:25:11 am »

Well i spied a soap box, and had to jump on it.!!personally i dont like the Dixie Chicks, not
because of what they said either time.  Simply because i dont care for their music...I am
a true country fan, but holy cats that girls whiney twang gets too me.. but having said that
I will fight to the death for her rights to say anything any time, and anywhere..Those idiots
that followed after Bush like so many Aguirre sheep, are like a lynch mob.  They really
make me mad...I dont think just because you have the upper hand at a give time, in,
politics especially.  That you should then proceed to stiffle and snuff every voice of dissent.
For that fact alone, i salute them and the stand that they made and the; may i say (balls) to
make that statement.  Its much harder to say something like that when the majority are
coming toward you with the noose.  Good for them. good for them.

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 07:13:54 pm »
I haven't heard any Dixie Chick songs played on the Indianapolis country music stations since the incident. I listen to WFMS nearly 24 hours a day. They have boycotted the DC's all along. So have the other stations here.

PFFT

Indiana is NOT the South!!

injest

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 07:15:28 pm »
Well i spied a soap box, and had to jump on it.!!personally i dont like the Dixie Chicks, not
because of what they said either time.  Simply because i dont care for their music...I am
a true country fan, but holy cats that girls whiney twang gets too me.. but having said that
I will fight to the death for her rights to say anything any time, and anywhere..Those idiots
that followed after Bush like so many Aguirre sheep, are like a lynch mob.  They really
make me mad...I dont think just because you have the upper hand at a give time, in,
politics especially.  That you should then proceed to stiffle and snuff every voice of dissent.
For that fact alone, i salute them and the stand that they made and the; may i say (balls) to
make that statement.  Its much harder to say something like that when the majority are
coming toward you with the noose.  Good for them. good for them.

*SHOVE Ol Ifnyacantfixit off the soap box!!!*

*RUN LIKE HECK!!!*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 07:17:33 pm »
Jess ~

What did you think of Natalie's "Heh-heh" Simpsons quote after they won a Grammy?  ;D
I bet she pissed more people off with that .. lol..

injest

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:50 pm »
Jess ~

What did you think of Natalie's "Heh-heh" Simpsons quote after they won a Grammy?  ;D
I bet she pissed more people off with that .. lol..

now HOW'm I gonna watch the Grammy's when Desperate Housewifes is on????! That is just UNAmerican!!

sides....I don't care nothing about watching them hippies!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 07:39:13 pm »
Ah I see! 
What better way of showing your patriotism, eh?  ;D

injest

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:34 pm »
Ah I see! 
What better way of showing your patriotism, eh?  ;D

ROTF!!!

Yeah!

No seriously, I am not big on Award shows...they are too long...so I usually just watch the highlight shows....like Entertainment Tonight ...to see what everyone was wearing.

so what did Nat say that was so provacative?

(never seen the Simpson's so I don't get the reference to hehehe??)