Author Topic: My coworkers are driving me insane!!  (Read 7481 times)

injest

My coworkers are driving me insane!!
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:48:43 am »
Am I the only one that wants to bring a muzzle to work?

injest

Re: My coworkers are driving me insane!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:56:02 am »
I work with a woman that is in the running for the next available martyrdom.

She has NEVER had a good day. Seriously. She says she is in unbearable AGONY everyday...has a pharmacy on her desk.....hot pads and a heater. a little pillow full of stuff that heats up in the microwave....IcyHot...

Always has the "worst headache" she has ever had...

Me "Would you like a aspirin?"

Her "oh , I can't take aspirin. My stomach just won't handle it"

ME " a Tylenol?"

her "I don't like Tylenol"

Me (in my mind) "You want to sit there and complain??"

argh!

She jumps up and paces...."My blood isn't circulating!!"

????

OY!!! I swear...how can she be in total agony every single day and not be willing to talk to her doctor for pain management????

injest

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:00:14 am »
she goes to the doctor at least every other week. Is always 'so stressed out'. Her oldest daughter is "legally insane" (talked to a pyschologist...they don't declare someone 'insane' they have different mental diseases they diagnose..)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:00:57 am »
Tell her you can sympathize because you've been working with a pain in the neck!   :laugh:

injest

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:07:12 am »
she knows EVERYONE in East Texas and their entire life history...and don't mind sharing in EXCRUCIATING detail.

a typical story...and I am NOT exagerating....

We were discussing having Schwans coming out. (a food delivery service) .

Her

"well when I was working for the XYZ company (she has worked with me for more than 6 months...I KNOW she used to work there...she tells me at least three times a day) this was before it got sold...It used to be owned by Mr Smith...he was married to Anne Coles, she went to school in Hallsville? My brother knew her son. She ws the homecoming queen. THey had five kids and one of them got killed out on Hwy 143 down near Noonday. They used to live down there when Anne was young? Her parents and My grandparents used to go .....

(on and on....for FIVE minutes....

then finally)

the new owners wouldn't let Scwanns come out there anymore..."

Just shoot me....please....somebody...

Why not just say...."we used to have Schwanns deliver but the new owners said no"

ARGH!!

Scott6373

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:07:21 am »
OY!!! I swear...how can she be in total agony every single day and not be willing to talk to her doctor for pain management????

Because her pain isn't physical, and if she sought treatment for it, she would have to admit that her attempts at controlling her life with manipulation of other's sympathy for her have failed and thus she has to face the emotional issues that are at the center of her own life.

How's that :)

injest

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:09:04 am »
Tell her you can sympathize because you've been working with a pain in the neck!   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sheesh...

I have been being so bad lately....but I just can't keep my mouth shut...I have not been sympathetic!!

injest

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 09:40:13 am »
Because her pain isn't physical, and if she sought treatment for it, she would have to admit that her attempts at controlling her life with manipulation of other's sympathy for her have failed and thus she has to face the emotional issues that are at the center of her own life.

How's that :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I agree....but lort it is frustrating to deal with daily....

am I the only one with coworkers that drive them nuts??

You know, I just hate that initial walk in there....cause I know I am gonna have to have the pain update....I want to just cut her off and say "I know I know...you are in more pain than anyone else in the world..no one has EVER suffered so...you are indeed a saint!!"

I am about out of "Oh I am sorry"s

:P

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:40:32 am »
I'm surrounded by grandmotherly/motherly types.

The kind that call their no-account children barely eking out a living in some mobile home park somewhere, whose children call them everyday with the newest crises, who put their baby children on the phone so their grandmothers can blither to them in baby-talk.  ::) who come by your cubical to inspect your hair or what you're wearing and have to make a comment as to whether something is new or not or they haven't seen it or not, if a stitch is coming out, if your shirt tag is showing, if you have a piece of lint or hair on your shirt/pants/skirt (and this is EVERY day), who can't let you pass without making SOME attempt at conversation, who keep talking long after you get your answer from them.

I call it the Edith Bunker syndrome - for anyone who's caught the show in syndication - you ask them a work related question and they have to counter with one of their own, or you're having a quick personal conversation and they - univited - join in and go on and on and on and on with their own story while you sit there and shift uncomfortably and they never notice.

Who pretty much try to mother/smother you with grandmotherly/motherly advice and comments "Dress warmly!" "Be careful driving home!"  who do you favors you don't ask for, so you're obliged to them.

**sigh***

Scott6373

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:49:58 am »
About a year and a half ago, the doctor's, who's practice I manage, decided to hire a Nurse Manager for the clinical staff.  There was  a woman, that one of the doctors had a past working relationship with, so I called her, and ultimately she was hired.  Well it became apparent that she and one of the other long time nurses were not going to work well together.  Despite several mediation sessions, the situation became unworkable, and I got the distinctint impression that the Nurse Manager was one of those passive aggressive types, that was never happy and lived on complaining.  Well, the situation finally came to head, and the other nurse decided it was time to retire, which she did, and we replaced her with a new hire...ok...great right?  Guess again.

Not one day had passed before she started complaining about another nurse (whom she herself hired), saying she was difficult to work with and always complaining.  Mind you, up to this point, she praised this nurse as though she were the return of Buddha on earth.  I could just scream.