Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)  (Read 18487 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »
If you happen to come across any questionnaires on the Internet, please post them in this forum! You might even try writing your own questionnaire. Our members always seem to enjoy these!

This is my first attempt at writing a questionnaire, and making it Brokeback related proved to be quite a challenge. I hope you enjoy it though!  :D

Just copy and paste this blank questionnaire into your post and answer the questions!

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:19:38 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?
Dinner and a movie. Or just partying.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?
My portable DVD player.

Probably a hundred times. I'm serious.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
I would like to be able to understand people better; to connect with them.

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?
Crest

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?
Country or Classic Rock

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?
I'll try just about anything once, but I doubt if I would like it.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?
Radisson. Failing that, Holiday Inn

Only through it. We stopped one night in Cheyenne.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?
Bland beige.  :P I'm getting ready to repaint my kitchen.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?
Piano, violin, cello and the banjo.

Dolphin (or porpoise)

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?
Coke.

3. The living room and both bedrooms.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?
"Star" by Danielle Steel

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?
Gateway

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?
Hiking and jogging. I also love to swim.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?
The Sims. I also like Fable.

Sirloin steak, baked potato, mixed vegetables and apple pie for desert!

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?
Only in the daytime. I hate storms at night.

Analog. I accidentally flushed my digital watch down the toilet when I was cleaning the bathroom.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?
8 I think.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?
Music and photography.

I'm drinking Capri Sun (orange)

injest

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Staying home

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? Sleeping bag!!

1.23 kabillion

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? MONEY, honey

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? Closeup

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Country

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? thirty

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? oh yeah!

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? LaQuinta

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? nope

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? tan and blue

no

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? horse

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick? Coke

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? two

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? Funeral Games

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Dell

Horse back riding

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? Tetris, Star Wars Bounty Hunter

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Fried chicken

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? love them if I am inside!!!

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? dont have one

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? one

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? duh...computer chatting!!
 :laugh:

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Coke

Fun test David!!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:21:01 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Any combination of food, wine and cinema.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A comfy mattress.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? 17 times.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? Mind-reading powers.

Whatever's on sale.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Alt. rock or jazz.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? Less than 10! But my husband has hundreds.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? You bet -- I had elk on New Year's Eve!

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? Renaissance, Intercontinental and others I can't actually afford.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Many times! It's beautiful.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? Light blue, even though I hate blue kitchens (that's how the house came and I haven't been motivated enough to change it).

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? A little bit of piano.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? Hmm ... dogs, I guess.

Coke.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? Two.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? "Dog Years," by Mark Doty.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Dell.

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Long walks.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I've only played one once (since the days when PacMan was new, anyway) and that was for a work assignment. It was a "Star Wars" game. I played with my son and it took me most of the time just figuring out how to get my guy to go forward in a straight line.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Crab legs.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? Yes, unless I'm driving.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? Analog.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Maybe half a dozen or so.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? Not counting what I'm doing right now? Reading, walking, movies, painting.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Old Rose. (I wish! Coffee, actually.)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:54 pm »

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him? Stay home and watch TV with no commercials and popcorn

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A comfy mattress.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? Must be 30

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? A small spread in Lighting Flat

Crest

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? Pop, with the girls.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?about 50

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? You bet -- I had moose meat last week.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain? Bed and breakfasts are better.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Never

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? tans and pinks

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? no, but I have a harmonica instruction book somewhere. .

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? elk.

RC - a fruit flavoured pop really.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house? Two.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? The Lighthouse by PD James.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? a clone

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? short walks , taking photos and sitting outside.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I like the sim games, but have no time/interest to really play.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? With Ennis beans would be ok.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms? Love it, but I like shelter from the rain.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? both, but the digital is used most.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Zero, but I have been caught with an expired driver's license.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? sewing and a bit of quilting.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? hot tea, gin later.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:52:25 pm by Toast »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 03:47:54 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  If it's Jack, we're staying in.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  air mattress

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?  probably 50

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? world peace

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?  I won't shop at WalMart, but Rembrandt.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  show tunes, to sing along to

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?  400+  (edit: whoops, I read this as CDs.  make that 50)

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?  rare, please.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  don't like chains, prefer small independents

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  maybe this May

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  black and white

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  piano

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  very fond of greyhounds.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  coke, but we don't call it "pop", David.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  one

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?  The Shipping News

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  Dell

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  hiking

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?  I've never played, honest.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  tea-smoked duck

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  yes! especially by the sea.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  analog, but it doesn't have any numbers

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  none (honest)

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?  the ABCs of BBM, of course

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?  diet coke, bourbon later.  Cheers, Toast.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 04:58:45 pm by southendmd »

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 04:13:36 pm »
I tell him to turn around, get in his car and drive the hell to Wyoming to be with Ennis.

Laptop with wireless internet so I can keep you all posted about the goings on!

Why do you want to know, Ennis? I have lost count!

To have Jake Gyllenhaal sit next to me on my April flight from London to New York.

Private Label of Albert Heijn, a Dutch supermarket

Alison Krauss, Gordon Lightfoot, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, etc.

Just out of curiosity, Jack? Well, I think about 40...

Never in my liiiiiiife Ennis! I'll stick with beans...

Marriott. Not so keen on chains though.

Nope

Orange and white! Yep.

No, used to play the flute though.

Elephant!

Coke!

Two! Why does Lureen want to know, I would think Bobby would be interested in that!

A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson

Dell Inspiron

Relax in front of our dune cottage near the beach in Groet, North-Holland

Iko and Zelda

Indonesian rijsttafel

I get scared when it is the middle of the night, so I end up hugging my boyfriend to feel safe!

Analog

Three, and I don't even own a car, I love driving fast in rental cars!

Writing

Nothing Jack, can you hand me a beer?

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 04:16:23 pm »
I'm drinking Capri Sun (orange)

OMG- I loooooooooooooooooove Capri Sun, it always reminds me of the holiday car trips to France and Austria when I was young! They stay cold for so long! Oh the nostalgia!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:58:20 pm »

I'd ask him if he is sure he wants to go out on a date with a woman!

An air mattress!

7 times

Just one wish? wow, that's a hard one to answer!

Colgate, I guess.

Willie Nelson's song about cowboys being fond to each other  ;D

Not that many

Sure!

I have none.

No  :-\

My kitchen is white as the rest of the apartment

No.

Both cats and dogs

Coke. I hate Pepsi.

Just one

It is in Spanish. Do you still want to know it?

I have no idea! Some european brand.

Hiking

None

Fish

No!

Analog

I don't own a car at this moment and I don't remember when was the last time I got one

Cooking

Water actually
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:31 pm »

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? duh...computer chatting!! :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? I've only played one once (since the days when PacMan was new, anyway) and that was for a work assignment. It was a "Star Wars" game. I played with my son and it took me most of the time just figuring out how to get my guy to go forward in a straight line.

That sounds about like me Katherine! I have a difficult time figuring out many of those games too.  :)

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received? Zero, but I have been caught with an expired driver's license.

I'm not quite sure if that would be better or WORSE than a speeding ticket!  :D

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  coke, but we don't call it "pop", David.

Yeah, we call carbonated beverages "pop" or "soda pop" here in the Midwest. Often times we will call cola a "Coke" regardless of what brand it actually is. Pepsi and RC are all referred to as a Coke.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  tea-smoked duck

I have never heard of tea-smoked duck before, Paul. It sounds pretty good though!  :)

Three, and I don't even own a car, I love driving fast in rental cars!

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Relax in front of our dune cottage near the beach in Groet, North-Holland

You've shown me some pictures of Groet, Melissa. It looks like a totally beautiful place!  :D

I'd ask him if he is sure he wants to go out on a date with a woman!

:laugh:   :laugh:  Good one Natali!

It is in Spanish. Do you still want to know it?

Yes please!!  :D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:07 am »

I have never heard of tea-smoked duck before, Paul. It sounds pretty good though!  :)

It's amazing, David.  Here's a recipe:

http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_tea-smoked_duck_recipe.htm

Oh, and we don't say "pop" in New England: it's "soda" or "tonic" here.

Fun questionnaire!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:19:32 am »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Well if it's summertime a drive in movie.  Winter time I know a perfect restaurant with a cozy fireplace.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? That would defiantly be my over sized pillow. It's the only way I could sleep ( if there was any) .

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? 5

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  I'm not gonna lie,  right now I would ask for 10 million dollars

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? Probaby Rembrandt

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  I would put it on my favorite Classic Rock station

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? About 40

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? Sure as long as it was well done

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  I would look for a bed and breakfast first then settle for anything that looked nice!

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  Not yet

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Light cream yellow on the walls.  Forrest green cupboards. Red Apple decorations.  It works.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Some keyboard

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  My favorite is my kitty cat

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Pepsi

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  four, One in the living room and one in each bedroom

The book my daughter wrote and published. "The Story of the Chicken Pox" by Colleen Maloney

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  COMPAQ

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  BBQ-ing , picnics

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? Tomb Raider, A Bugs Life

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  Grilled Salmon with Lemon.  Or lemon pepper chicken. Baked potatoes with lots of butter and sour cream!  Key lime pie.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  Yes very much. I love the sound of the thunder and the rain. I would perfer to skip the lightening though.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  Dont have a watch right now. I've lost everyone or ruined them in the shower.,

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  none

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? photography, painting, drawing

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? it's 10 am so it's coffee

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:24:23 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »
It's amazing, David.  Here's a recipe:

http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_tea-smoked_duck_recipe.htm

Oh, and we don't say "pop" in New England: it's "soda" or "tonic" here.

Fun questionnaire!
BTW, Paul, I am going to serve smoked duck at the Brokeback BBQ 2007 in Estes Park! I'll check out this recipe! Smoked duck is so good!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:56 pm »

Ok.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A mattress of some sort.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? In theaters 7, on DVD, countless times.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? For everyone on earth to be free to be who they are, and then brace for the result!

OMG, having been there the thought of a Walmart being built there is so depressing I will have to skip this one.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? The Dixie Chicks and Etta James

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? 400+

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?Sure. I would try not to think about it though.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?I don't like chain anything. I would find some place like where the gang stayed in Buffalo, Wyoming, or a place like where Jack and Ennis jounced a bed.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Three times, and hopefully many more.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?HaHaHA, Lynne, how do I answer this :laugh: :laugh:

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? I fully intend to learn to play the dulcimer one day.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? Dogs and cats, but I like being catless because I have more birds.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?RC, absolutely.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?Three, two of which work

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?The Virginian and a book about (gasp) HOMOSEXUALITY!

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Lenovo laptop

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Nakkid twister

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?I can't stand video games

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?Anything with pesto

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?Yes, didn't know they could be so nice.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? Right now I am using my cell phone because I left my round ticker at home.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?No speeding tickets, but I did get 2 DUIs in one night, long ago.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?Genealogy, travel, reading and lately writing.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?Coffee, cream and sugar.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 05:34:24 pm »

I'd tell him that I'm more like him than he might expect and then I'd ask him if he could take me out to a dance hall to teach me how to meet and hook up with cute and smart women like Lureen with such little effort.

An air mattress.  I'm not a fan of sleeping on the ground.

Dozens and dozens.  Lost count long ago.

*modified to note* I'm going for the classic three wishes here
Every weekend to be a three day weekend.  A great girlfriend.  World peace (I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really mean this one).

Vanilla Mint Crest. Yum!

It would very much depend on my mood.  David Bowie is always the default option for me.  Maybe some nice Sleater-Kinney.  I've been on an old Sonic Youth kick lately, so maybe that.

I own far fewer DVDs than I do CDs.  I have probably around 50 DVDs and around 500 CDs

Yes, I would try it.  Usually I don't like hunting at all.  But, I've always heard that venison is good.  So, I would try it.  I'm not a vegetarian.

I like bed and breakfasts and charming little hotels.  Does that count?  I don't have a strong preference for any of the big chain hotels.

Unfortunately, no.

My kitchen is mostly white with accents of really bright colors... mostly red.  So, red and white.

I played violin for years but quit in college.  I also used to play the guitar.  I would be very, very rusty if I tried either intrument at this point.

Cats!  I love cats!  I have a one and a half year old black cat named Vivien.  She's just about the most beautiful thing ever.

Pepsi

One that works and one broken one in the storage closet (I guess I should really just throw that one away, hunh?).

Misfortune by Wesley Stace.  I didn't like it as much as I expected I would.

Gateway

Going to the beach.

I don't like video games at all.  I suppose computer solitaire doesn't count.

Well, since it's Ennis I would be happy with a really good steak and some great red wine.

I love thunderstorms!!!

Analog

Zero!!!

Reading.

Hot tea (Earl Grey)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:18:49 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 06:03:40 pm »
Okay, just one more...

I would like to go see Jack Kerouac's scroll, draggin Colfax to see and be seen with Jack, to the observatory, and then up on the mountain to stargaze and soak in a hot tub.

My luxury item would be...Jake! I could use him as a mattress, LOL!

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? I lost count too but I think it is around 25 times.

To live 400 years like Orlando and be both a woman and a man.

This does not compute! There's no WalMart within hundreds of miles of Lightning Flat! The closest, I guess, would be Billings. Anyway I order my toothpaste on the Internet. It is Dr. Tichnour's, produced in the New Orleans area.

Mark Knopfler or Ennio Marricone

I can only think of two! BBM and The Conformist.

Are you kidding? He shot and cooked an elk and I wouldn't try it? I would have to be crazy!

I get points at Marriotts, Holiday Inns, and Intercontinentals! But I'd rather stay at the Log Cabin Motel.

Yes, I went last month and I can't wait to get back there again!

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? The appliances are stainless steel, the cabinets are white and oak, and the tile floor is blue.

I used to play viola and guitar.

Cats, preferrably tabbies because I am allergic to long-haired cats.

uh-ginger ale. Colas are unbearably sweet.

One.

The Cowboy Way by David McCumber

Own three Apple computers and use an IBM at work.

Stargazing and hottubbing.

Scrabble.

Noodle bowl, with lots of seafood (especially eel)

Not especially. Where there's thunder, there's lightning, and that reminds me of the time we lost all those sheep. But rain is fine, especially if we can stay in the tent or a cave.

Analog.

Two.

Collecting native wildflower seeds and photography.

Chai.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 06:20:53 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Nice dinner at home, and if its warm a nice long walk.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? I'll go with the air mattress too.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? None in the theater (sob, sob, sob), at home too many times to possibly count

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  Meeting the person I have been waiting for all my life

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? I don't and won't even go into a Wal-mart.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  I don't know, I guess my 80's music

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? I finally bought a dvd player, so about 7 alltogether.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? I'd hate to disappoint Ennis, but  I don't eat any meat.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  Don't have one, just someplace nice

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  No, the farthest west I have been is Ohio for a day, but I would love to go there

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Now, just plain white mostly.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Unfortunately no, I had violin in school for a little while, real bad.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  Little white dogs.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Diet coke.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  Two and one broken one that I can't seem to get rid of.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? Actually, Brokeback Mountain, (from Close Range, now I have to read the rest of the stories.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  dell

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  Walking and walking and walking and sometimes biking'

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? None, they get me dizzy.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Anything with eggplant and pasta.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  I absolutely love thunderstorms.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  Analog.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  One
color]

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? Knitting, weaving, spinning, etc, etc.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Coffee, black with sweet n low.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:34:38 pm by marlb42 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:42 pm »

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? That would defiantly be my over sized pillow. It's the only way I could sleep ( if there was any) .

Awww! I think that is so cute, Geri!  :D

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Light cream yellow on the walls.  Forrest green cupboards. Red Apple decorations.  It works.

I can picture it. It sounds lovely!  :)

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?HaHaHA, Lynne, how do I answer this :laugh: :laugh:

Now I'm really curious! What's going on in your kitchen Truman?  ???

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Nakkid twister

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yes, I would try it.  Usually I don't like hunting at all.  But, I've always heard that venison is good.  So, I would try it.  I'm not a vegetarian.

You're not the only one Amanda. I don't like the idea of hunting either.

I used to play viola and guitar.

I'm amazed at how many people here play, or used to play bowed instruments! In addition to myself, Marlene and Amanda both played the violin, and you played the viola Lee!  :D

Not especially. Where there's thunder, there's lightning, and that reminds me of the time we lost all those sheep. But rain is fine, especially if we can stay in the tent or a cave.

Camping in a cave! That sounds like a lot of fun. We have many caves in Indiana. I'll remember that the next time I go camping!

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? I finally bought a dvd player, so about 7 alltogether.

I think I remember reading a post a while ago about your DVD player. If I remember correctly, you were having problems hooking it up to your television. Did you finally figure it out Marlene? It's sounds like you did, if you already have 7 DVD's!  :D

Great answers everyone!  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 12:58:35 am »
7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? Less than 10! But my husband has hundreds.

Oops! I just realized I answered this as if Jack were asking about CDs!!!! To set the record straight: I have one DVD, "Dogtown and Z-Boys." (And my husband doesn't own any DVDs.)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:21 pm »
Dinner at a great restaurant.

An inflatable mattress.

About ten.

Never-ending happiness.

Arm & Hammer.

Classic rock or oldies.

Less than 20.

No elk for me.

Marriott.

Yes, to Yellowstone.

Antique white cabinets and orange-red faux painted walls. 

Piano, badly.

Dogs (whippets and greyhounds).

Coke.

Two.

The Crime of the Century about Richard Speck's murder of eight student nurses in Chicago.

A Mac.

Walking.

Only one:  Tetris.

Prime rib (medium rare) with a baked potato and a salad.

No, because heavy rains often make the floor drain in my laundry room back up.

Analog.

One.

Cardmaking.

A strawberry and banana smoothie.

Scott6373

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 02:56:05 pm »
I decline politely.  He's not my type

Is my dog considerred a luxury item?

5-10

A horse ranch

Tom's All Natural

C&W

@50

Are we about to have sex?  This effects my response.

I don't have one

Nope

Terra Cotta tile.

Yes

Dogs

Coke.

Two.

Last Watch of the Night by Paul Monette

No clue

Sex

None

Grilled steaks and fresh corn on the cob

Yes

Analog.

None

Song writing

Coffee

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 08:08:19 pm »

in bed with him

somthign to eat besides beans?

lost count 

world peace to not be hated for who i am

no one would go hungry or without   

id go to kmart or target walmart fucking blows goats     

country,  hip hop

lots to many to count

maybe

comfort inn probably   havent been in many im poor !

no

green

used to play drums

dalmations or labs

diet pepsi

harry potter and the goblet of fire

harry potter and the order of the phoenix atm

home built only way to go

walking/hiking

god of war xmen legengds  world of warcraft

pizza

god yes

analog

playing world of warcraft atm  good kiling other people in game

reading

diet pepsi

Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:32:14 pm »

I'd tell him to stop wasting my time.  I know he doesn't really like women.  ;D

Do I have to carry it?

I wouldn't tell him.  Would make him too nervous that so many people are watching him all the time.

To have as much money as I ever need in my pocket whenever I need it.  Big universal wishes can be turned (e.g. "I wish to end world hunger!"  A huge epidemic comes and wipes out nearly everyone.  But those left behind are not starving.)

Whatever brand they have.

Where are we?  If we're near Riverton, it's likely we won't get nuthin' on the radio.

What are you talkin' about?  There're a thousand of them.  ;)

Absolutely.

Whatever is cheapest, clean and not on the corner of Crack and Addict.

Yep.  Twice.

White and blue.

Sorry, only flute.  No stringed instruments.

Have many favorites.

Nothing diet?  OK, out of nostalgia, I'll get an RC cola.

Just one.

The Oracle by William Broad.

Some sort of computer clone.  No brand.  Custom job.

Well, I'd wait until it was actually warm in Wyoming before I'd do it.  Like - August.

I don't play video games.

All he can cook is beans and sausage, maybe soup and BBQ elk.  All are fine with me.

Well yes, so long as I have cover when I'm on those peaks, othewise no.

Analog.

Zero.

Reading, writing, movies, surfing the net, fandoms.

Milk product.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 01:24:23 am »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  With Jack?  I'd go dancing (since I'm not his wife).

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  That hotel from question 9.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?  40ish?

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  My daughter's health and happiness.  Everyone's daughters' and sons' health and happiness.

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?  If I was really out of toothpaste, I would go to Wal-Mart.  Otherwise I would wait and buy it somewhere else.  Tom's Fennel in the newish little bottle.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  With Alma and Lureen, whatever they want, but not too loud, I'd want to hear the conversation.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?  Maybe about 12.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?  Not unless I was literally starving.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  I don't know.  I wish I knew.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  Drove through once a long time ago, spent the night in Laramie or Cheyenne, I've never been able to remember which.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  White walls, oak and oak-like cabinets, mostly blue dishes.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  A wee bit o' piano and harmonica.  And a wee, wee bit o' penny whistle.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  Well, despite all the trouble they cause, I guess it's still humans.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Only if I was really thirsty, then I guess Coke.  I've never had RC.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  Two.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?  "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" by Fannie Flagg.  Loved it.  Love her.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  Sure, rub it in that my computer died and that I'm borrowing my husband's right now.  It was a Mac laptop and that's what I want again, when I can afford it.  (Who am I kidding?  I'm going to buy the next one before I can afford it.)

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  Spring in Wyoming sounds cold to me.  But in warm weather, I love to go to the beach near our house.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?  I play sudoku and Desdemona on my Palm, does that count?

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  Somehow Ennis cooking doesn't sound that good, at least not inside a dwelling, maybe outside on a campfire.  But I've been thinking about Paul's tea-smoked duck since I read about it 20 minutes ago.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?    Not on mountain peaks.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  I use my cell phone or my Palm.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  Three, I think.  But not for years.  I have learned that I HATE getting tickets.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?  You.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?  A POM tea/pomegranate juice drink that came in a reusable glass.  An impulse treat.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:41 am »

As Jack was born in 1944, he is certainly within my age group (he's 5 years older than me). However, If he were to invite me out on a date, I would thank him most courteously for his kind invitation and tell him to get himself home to Ennis, where he belongs.

My luxury seaside condominium.

I tell him, truthfully, that I've lost count.

Jack's life.

My usual brand.

I wouldn't be caught dead, riding in a car with Alma and Lureen.

DVD? Is that like a BMW? If so, I own just the one.

I would graciously decline Ennis' generous offer.

All my travelling is done in my very own Winnebago. No hotel bookings necessary.

"Only in my heart," I respond.

I firsty provide Alma with a schedule of fees for my interior design consultancy service. I suspect she won't be able to afford my rates.

I'm so unmusical, I can't even play a gramophone.

I love all God's creatures. Except for spiders. All spiders should be consigned to Hell, from whence they came.

Iced tea.

Just the one. A cinerama-size screen in my own private home theatre (I prefer to sit in row 5).

"Witchcraft and the Gay Counterculture," by Arthur Evans.

Do I look technical to you? God know! It's black and shiny and has a big flat panel screen. Oh, hold on, what's this on the front? DELL?

Staying indoors, out of the sun.

?Video games?

Anything but elk, thanks, Ennis!

I love to whittle during thunderstorms.

I wouldn't even give you the time of day, Lureen.

I am a respectable, law abiding citizen. I never break the law.

Being High Priest of Tehuti in the Mystic Coven of Isis Resplendent pretty-well takes most of my spare time.

Iced tea.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:04:57 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 04:29:25 pm »
KERRY!

You danced around nearly every one of those questions! SHAME ON YOU!!  ;)

They sure were funny though!  :laugh:

Scott6373

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 04:36:55 pm »
David...I'm curious...don't worry I'll keep it clean...why do t-storms bother you at night?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 04:43:19 pm »
David...I'm curious...don't worry I'll keep it clean...why do t-storms bother you at night?

Because I can't see the tornadoes coming!

I watched a tornado jump our house when I was 14 years old, and I have never gotten over it. It scared the crap out of me.

Also, if the storm comes in the daytime and we lose our power, I can still see. If it happens at night, I can't see anything and I have to walk around the house with a candle or a flashlight. I hate that.  >:(

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 05:39:37 pm »

Jack's life.

Oh, you made me cry... that's the sweetest answer ever.... :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 05:42:26 pm »
Oh, you made me cry... that's the sweetest answer ever.... :'(

Yeah, I agree with you. That really was a sweet answer.

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:45 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Horseback riding in the mountains

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  a 28 foot motorhome

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?  not enough

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  $250,000 a year for the rest of my life

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?   Colgate extra whitening

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  soft rock

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?  50

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?  probably

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  Sheraton, they have the nicest beds!

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?   unfortunately not, YET

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Current kitchen -- don't ask, future kitchen -- earth tones

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Guitar and drums

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  Friesians of course!!!!

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Pepsi

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  four

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?  Along Came A Spinder by James Patterson

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  Gateway

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  Swimming

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? Diablo and Polar Bowling

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  Filet Mignon and crab legs

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  Depends on who I am with.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  analog

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  None, honest

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?  dog showing/camping

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?  Ginger ale

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 09:38:41 pm »

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  a 28 foot motorhome

Well now, if we're going to take a motorhome, we can do better than that!

How about a 45 footer.... with slideouts!   :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now that's how you go camping in style!!

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 04:21:09 pm »
I don't know David, it might be a bit tricky getting up some of those winding hilly "roads" up on that mountain, due to the tricky terrain, I thought something on a smaller scale would be appropriate.  But you drive whatever you want! ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 02:58:46 am »
If you happen to come across any questionnaires on the Internet, please post them in this forum! You might even try writing your own questionnaire. Our members always seem to enjoy these!

This is my first attempt at writing a questionnaire, and making it Brokeback related proved to be quite a challenge. I hope you enjoy it though!  :D

Just copy and paste this blank questionnaire into your post and answer the questions!

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?   Telling him to get out of Texas and stay

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?Tooth brush and paste

over 100

Make Ennis and his family happy,,, and  with Jack

Colgate regular

Country

of course

Marriott

yes

blue, and yellow

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instrument
stereo

13. Jack just bought a new puppy!t What is your favorite animal?
Dog

pepsi,,,,tell roland and jess

The Skinny Girl

Sony Vaio,,,,laptop

camping

dont do video games

Lobster,,,not a lot of that in Wyoming

Oh God yes,,,,,my favorite weather

analog

(l)  35 mph  in 25

Pool,,,8-9 ball  Texas hold-em

ice water

Edited (by David) to fix post format
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:07:03 am by David »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 03:00:46 am »

David,,,help again....i figured out how this happens at least,,,unfortunately i cant predict when its going to happen

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 03:21:17 am »
I don't know David, it might be a bit tricky getting up some of those winding hilly "roads" up on that mountain, due to the tricky terrain, I thought something on a smaller scale would be appropriate.  But you drive whatever you want! ;D

Well, you just point me in the right direction, and I'll make sure I get this rig up that hill.   :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 03:44:13 am »

As Jack was born in 1944, he is certainly within my age group (he's 5 years older than me). However, If he were to invite me out on a date, I would thank him most courteously for his kind invitation and tell him to get himself home to Ennis, where he belongs.

My luxury seaside condominium.

I tell him, truthfully, that I've lost count.

Jack's life.

My usual brand.

I wouldn't be caught dead, riding in a car with Alma and Lureen.

DVD? Is that like a BMW? If so, I own just the one.

I would graciously decline Ennis' generous offer.

All my travelling is done in my very own Winnebago. No hotel bookings necessary.

"Only in my heart," I respond.

I firsty provide Alma with a schedule of fees for my interior design consultancy service. I suspect she won't be able to afford my rates.

I'm so unmusical, I can't even play a gramophone.

I love all God's creatures. Except for spiders. All spiders should be consigned to Hell, from whence they came.

Iced tea.

Just the one. A cinerama-size screen in my own private home theatre (I prefer to sit in row 5).

"Witchcraft and the Gay Counterculture," by Arthur Evans.

Do I look technical to you? God know! It's black and shiny and has a big flat panel screen. Oh, hold on, what's this on the front? DELL?

Staying indoors, out of the sun.

?Video games?

Anything but elk, thanks, Ennis!

I love to whittle during thunderstorms.

I wouldn't even give you the time of day, Lureen.

I am a respectable, law abiding citizen. I never break the law.

Being High Priest of Tehuti in the Mystic Coven of Isis Resplendent pretty-well takes most of my spare time.

Iced tea.

After reading your poll, i wondered what you were drinking
  but when you said,,  ice tea,,,,then i wondered what you were
                               smokin....?

Beautiful mind

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:45 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Generally watching a movie and hitting the sack early.  Hey... that could work.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?  Toilet paper.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?  23.  But who's counting?

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? For Ennis to come to his senses before it's too late.

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? I don't shop at Wal-Mart for political reasons.  But anywhere else, I would get Crest "Extra Whitening" with Scope.  I like the minty freshness.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  Rock 'n roll, darlin'.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? About 300.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?  Sure, why not?

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  Residence Inn by Marriott.  Never been to one much swankier than that, except maybe a couple of Hiltons.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  Can't say as I have.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Hunter green and off-white, mostly.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Hell, no.  Wish I could, though.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? Dogs - preferably German shepherd dogs.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Diet Coke.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  Four - one in our bedroom, one on the (covered) patio, one in the living room, and one in the den.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?  Running With Scissors

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  Just a vanilla Dell.

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Swimming.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?  I don't much like video games.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  Elk, fried potatoes (and I wanna watch Jack peel 'em), beans cooked right in the can, and a quart of whiskey on shares.  Seriously (though that doesn't sound half bad), if calories and carbs weren't a factor, chicken and dumplings.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  Immensely.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  Analog.  Hate digital watches.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  Oh, God.  That would be seven.  But that's over 25 years.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?  Watching movies, doing crossword puzzles, and posting here.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?  Svedka vodka and seltzer over ice.
No more beans!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 11:16:02 pm »
             After reading your poll, i wondered what you were drinking
  but when you said,,  ice tea,,,,then i wondered what you were
                               smokin....?

::)         ;)         :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 03:14:06 am »
I can't believe I missed this one... ::)

Cuddled up on the couch with him and a bowl of Popcorn watching a DVD

air mattress, I don't sleep on the ground well

dozens and dozens

A happy ending to the story with Ennis and Jack having that sweet life after all

Crest

Oldies Rock and Roll

about 75 or so

Sure

Quality Inn simple, clean inexpensive accommodations and many include breakfast

Yep many times

Pale Yellow walls, white shutters, terracotta tile floor, black and chrome appliances with lots of terra cotta accessories and herb pots

No not a lick, I have no musical talent but I wish I could play the piano

DOGS!  They are the absolute best next to horses!

Diet Coke with Lime is my first choice, if unavailable I still have Diet Coke

three

Innocent in Death by J.D. Robb

Gateway with an HP Color Printer and HP Scanner

walking with my dogs

Don't play video games

Grilled Swordfish on a bed of risotto, sauteed cherry tomatoes and fresh steamed spinach with a good Sauvignon Blanc followed by a really decadent chocolate mousse and a cappuccino

Lover em but we don't get many out here in California

Nope

In my entire life... 2... and I deserved both of them  :-\

I read, draw a little, take pictures of things that interest me, watch old movies, go to museums and garden

Sleepytime herb tea
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 10:05:36 am »

Dancing and dinner

a flushing toilet.

unlimited wishes

Cinnimon Crest

freestyle

about 15

of course

I don't care, as long as it's clean

Yuppers!  Just a few months ago!

blue and cream

Nope

cats/kittens

Pepsi

the Joy of Gay Sex  (hey, you asked! )  :laugh:

compaq

hiking

Donkey Kong Jr. & Ms. Pac Man

Buffalo chicken tenders and fries iwth cheese and bacon

Love 'em

both

none

writing

spring water

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline seadragon16

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »
Dinner and a movie

Big warm blanket

Even if I use all my fingers and all my toes, I don't have enough to count on!

I would wish for a hundred more wishes then I'd give some of them to people who could use them wisely

Something for sensitive teeth

Anything so long as it isn't in the UK charts at the moment!

Over 300 - I really do. Films are my vice.

Nope, definitely not. I haven't eaten meat since I was 10 and never will again.

Anything, so long as it is clean and comfortable.

No, but it's on my list to do when the kids are old enough to fend for themselves and I have some 'me' time!

Cherry wood cupboards, dark yellow walls and grey tiles.

No, but I wish I did.

I don't think I have a favourite animal, I like them all. Seadragons are cool though, hence my name.

Rather have fruit juice or water, but I'd probably choose Coke if I had to choose one.

Last book I completed was 'Battle for the Trees' about a road protest in England. Before that I read 'Pink' by Gus Van Sant and now I'm reading 'Time of the Assassins' by Henry Miller.

Dell Dimension

Swimming outdoors

I haven't played video games for years, but my favourites would probably be Final Fantasy VII and Bust a Move.

Scrambled Tofu and mushrooms on a jacket potato or on toast.

Yes, they make you realise just how powerful nature is and how little of it we can control.

Don't own a watch that works. I use the time off my mobile phone if I need to.

None, I'm very lucky!

Photography, reading, writing, collecting waifs and strays!

Orange Juice

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »
I was just re-reading this old questionnaire amazed by my old post here.  It's so funny to stumble across old posts (sometimes over 2 years old!).  I thought I'd update a few of my responses to these questions since a few things have changed in all this time..  I originally posted responses to this questionnaire on Feb. 17, 2007.  Those old answers are in green and my new updated answers will be in red.

I'd tell him that I'm more like him than he might expect and then I'd ask him if he could take me out to a dance hall to teach me how to meet and hook up with cute and smart women like Lureen with such little effort.
 :laugh:This answer pretty much still stands for m.

An air mattress.  I'm not a fan of sleeping on the ground.
This answer still seems about right for me too.  I might also add something about a really fancy, waterproof tent to go along with the air mattress.   And, now that I've actually been to Brokenback Mountain I realize that it truly would be a nice place to spend the night probably (even though I'm NOT a camping type of person almost any other circumstance).

Dozens and dozens.  Lost count long ago.
Yep.

*modified to note* I'm going for the classic three wishes here
Every weekend to be a three day weekend.  A great girlfriend.  World peace (I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really mean this one).
Yep.

Vanilla Mint Crest. Yum!
I'm changing my answer to Crest Pro-Health.  It really is a nice toothpaste!

It would very much depend on my mood.  David Bowie is always the default option for me.  Maybe some nice Sleater-Kinney.  I've been on an old Sonic Youth kick lately, so maybe that.
Yep. Pretty much the same here.  I'd also be willing to listen to the BBM soundtrack under any circumstance too of course.

I own far fewer DVDs than I do CDs.  I have probably around 50 DVDs and around 500 CDs
Yep.

I have now eaten elk twice!  Once at the BBQ in Estes park in May of 2008 and then again just this past July after Lee and I saw TDK in Denver, we went out to lunch and I had an elk burger.  That burger was great!

I like bed and breakfasts and charming little hotels.  Does that count?  I don't have a strong preference for any of the big chain hotels.
Yep. I still like the small hotels.  But at this point I also tend to quite like Marriott and Doubletree hotels... they tend to be a little more luxurious than some of the other big brands, in my experience at least.

Unfortunately, no.
At this point I can say YES!!! Twice.  One trip up to Cheyenne for lunch during the BBQ weekend last May 2007.  And, then of course Lee and I just had our big road trip through Wyoming and visit to the rodeo in Cheyenne this July.

My kitchen is mostly white with accents of really bright colors... mostly red.  So, red and white.
Yep. Still the same apartment... so same colors.

I played violin for years but quit in college.  I also used to play the guitar.  I would be very, very rusty if I tried either intrument at this point.
Yep.

Cats!  I love cats!  I have a one and a half year old black cat named Vivien.  She's just about the most beautiful thing ever.
Yep.

Pepsi
Yep.

One that works and one broken one in the storage closet (I guess I should really just throw that one away, hunh?).
Yep. Still the same and I still haven't thrown away the broken one in the storage closet!
:laugh:

Misfortune by Wesley Stace.  I didn't like it as much as I expected I would.
The History of Love by Nichole Krauss

Gateway
Yep.

Going to the beach.
Yep. And, I'll add car trip/ road trip to this too.

I don't like video games at all.  I suppose computer solitaire doesn't count.
Yep.

Well, since it's Ennis I would be happy with a really good steak and some great red wine.
Yep. I still like these things, but I'm trying really hard to avoid beef lately.  So, I'll change my response to white wine and salmon!

I love thunderstorms!!!
Yep. Still love storms!

Analog
Yep.

Zero!!!
Yep. Still zero!!  Yeehaw!

Reading.
Yep.

Hot tea (Earl Grey)
At the moment I'm not drinking anything.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:11 pm »

Dinner, movie/theater/ballet, drinks at my favorite bar (hey, I gotta show off my date ...), then home for a long dozy embrace until Jack falls asleep in my arms.  :)

Lots of Charmin Ultra. ...

I stopped counting shortly after the DVD was released.

A cabin in the Big Horn Mountains

Colgate

Anything but "Christian" music

You bet!  :D

Doubletree is good, but actually I prefer small guest houses and B&Bs.

You bet! Twice! And I can't wait to go back! I love Wyoming! :D

Maple cabinets, cream tile and countertops, white appliances

No.  :(

Dogs and horses (Jack and I should get along well. ...)

What! No Dr. Pepper? I'll take a Coke, please.

Daniel Boone: The Life and Legend of an American Pioneer

Dude, it's a Dell

Sailing

I don't play video games.

Steak and pasta

Yes

Analog

None

Model trains

Nothing
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.