Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)  (Read 18548 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:07 am »

I have never heard of tea-smoked duck before, Paul. It sounds pretty good though!  :)

It's amazing, David.  Here's a recipe:

http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_tea-smoked_duck_recipe.htm

Oh, and we don't say "pop" in New England: it's "soda" or "tonic" here.

Fun questionnaire!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:19:32 am »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Well if it's summertime a drive in movie.  Winter time I know a perfect restaurant with a cozy fireplace.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? That would defiantly be my over sized pillow. It's the only way I could sleep ( if there was any) .

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? 5

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  I'm not gonna lie,  right now I would ask for 10 million dollars

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? Probaby Rembrandt

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  I would put it on my favorite Classic Rock station

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? About 40

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? Sure as long as it was well done

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  I would look for a bed and breakfast first then settle for anything that looked nice!

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  Not yet

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Light cream yellow on the walls.  Forrest green cupboards. Red Apple decorations.  It works.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Some keyboard

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  My favorite is my kitty cat

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Pepsi

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  four, One in the living room and one in each bedroom

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?
The book my daughter wrote and published. "The Story of the Chicken Pox" by Colleen Maloney

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  COMPAQ

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  BBQ-ing , picnics

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? Tomb Raider, A Bugs Life

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?  Grilled Salmon with Lemon.  Or lemon pepper chicken. Baked potatoes with lots of butter and sour cream!  Key lime pie.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  Yes very much. I love the sound of the thunder and the rain. I would perfer to skip the lightening though.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  Dont have a watch right now. I've lost everyone or ruined them in the shower.,

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  none

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? photography, painting, drawing

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? it's 10 am so it's coffee

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:24:23 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:24:16 pm »
It's amazing, David.  Here's a recipe:

http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_tea-smoked_duck_recipe.htm

Oh, and we don't say "pop" in New England: it's "soda" or "tonic" here.

Fun questionnaire!
BTW, Paul, I am going to serve smoked duck at the Brokeback BBQ 2007 in Estes Park! I'll check out this recipe! Smoked duck is so good!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:56 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?

Ok.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? A mattress of some sort.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? In theaters 7, on DVD, countless times.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for? For everyone on earth to be free to be who they are, and then brace for the result!

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?

OMG, having been there the thought of a Walmart being built there is so depressing I will have to skip this one.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her? The Dixie Chicks and Etta James

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? 400+

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?Sure. I would try not to think about it though.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?I don't like chain anything. I would find some place like where the gang stayed in Buffalo, Wyoming, or a place like where Jack and Ennis jounced a bed.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming? Three times, and hopefully many more.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?HaHaHA, Lynne, how do I answer this :laugh: :laugh:

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments? I fully intend to learn to play the dulcimer one day.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal? Dogs and cats, but I like being catless because I have more birds.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?RC, absolutely.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?Three, two of which work

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?The Virginian and a book about (gasp) HOMOSEXUALITY!

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own? Lenovo laptop

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Nakkid twister

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?I can't stand video games

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?Anything with pesto

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?Yes, didn't know they could be so nice.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch? Right now I am using my cell phone because I left my round ticker at home.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?No speeding tickets, but I did get 2 DUIs in one night, long ago.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?Genealogy, travel, reading and lately writing.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?Coffee, cream and sugar.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 05:34:24 pm »

1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?
I'd tell him that I'm more like him than he might expect and then I'd ask him if he could take me out to a dance hall to teach me how to meet and hook up with cute and smart women like Lureen with such little effort.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?
An air mattress.  I'm not a fan of sleeping on the ground.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?
Dozens and dozens.  Lost count long ago.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
*modified to note* I'm going for the classic three wishes here
Every weekend to be a three day weekend.  A great girlfriend.  World peace (I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really mean this one).

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?
Vanilla Mint Crest. Yum!

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?
It would very much depend on my mood.  David Bowie is always the default option for me.  Maybe some nice Sleater-Kinney.  I've been on an old Sonic Youth kick lately, so maybe that.

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?
I own far fewer DVDs than I do CDs.  I have probably around 50 DVDs and around 500 CDs

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?
Yes, I would try it.  Usually I don't like hunting at all.  But, I've always heard that venison is good.  So, I would try it.  I'm not a vegetarian.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?
I like bed and breakfasts and charming little hotels.  Does that count?  I don't have a strong preference for any of the big chain hotels.

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?
Unfortunately, no.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?
My kitchen is mostly white with accents of really bright colors... mostly red.  So, red and white.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?
I played violin for years but quit in college.  I also used to play the guitar.  I would be very, very rusty if I tried either intrument at this point.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?
Cats!  I love cats!  I have a one and a half year old black cat named Vivien.  She's just about the most beautiful thing ever.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?
Pepsi

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?
One that works and one broken one in the storage closet (I guess I should really just throw that one away, hunh?).

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?
Misfortune by Wesley Stace.  I didn't like it as much as I expected I would.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?
Gateway

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?
Going to the beach.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?
I don't like video games at all.  I suppose computer solitaire doesn't count.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?
Well, since it's Ennis I would be happy with a really good steak and some great red wine.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?
I love thunderstorms!!!

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?
Analog

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?
Zero!!!

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?
Reading.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?
Hot tea (Earl Grey)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:18:49 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 06:03:40 pm »
Okay, just one more...

I would like to go see Jack Kerouac's scroll, draggin Colfax to see and be seen with Jack, to the observatory, and then up on the mountain to stargaze and soak in a hot tub.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?
My luxury item would be...Jake! I could use him as a mattress, LOL!

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? I lost count too but I think it is around 25 times.

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
To live 400 years like Orlando and be both a woman and a man.

This does not compute! There's no WalMart within hundreds of miles of Lightning Flat! The closest, I guess, would be Billings. Anyway I order my toothpaste on the Internet. It is Dr. Tichnour's, produced in the New Orleans area.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?
Mark Knopfler or Ennio Marricone

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?
I can only think of two! BBM and The Conformist.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?
Are you kidding? He shot and cooked an elk and I wouldn't try it? I would have to be crazy!

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?
I get points at Marriotts, Holiday Inns, and Intercontinentals! But I'd rather stay at the Log Cabin Motel.

Yes, I went last month and I can't wait to get back there again!

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen? The appliances are stainless steel, the cabinets are white and oak, and the tile floor is blue.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?
I used to play viola and guitar.

Cats, preferrably tabbies because I am allergic to long-haired cats.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?
uh-ginger ale. Colas are unbearably sweet.

One.

The Cowboy Way by David McCumber

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?
Own three Apple computers and use an IBM at work.

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?
Stargazing and hottubbing.

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?
Scrabble.

Noodle bowl, with lots of seafood (especially eel)

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?
Not especially. Where there's thunder, there's lightning, and that reminds me of the time we lost all those sheep. But rain is fine, especially if we can stay in the tent or a cave.

Analog.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?
Two.

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?
Collecting native wildflower seeds and photography.

Chai.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 06:20:53 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?  Nice dinner at home, and if its warm a nice long walk.

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? I'll go with the air mattress too.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain? None in the theater (sob, sob, sob), at home too many times to possibly count

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?  Meeting the person I have been waiting for all my life

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get? I don't and won't even go into a Wal-mart.

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?  I don't know, I guess my 80's music

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? I finally bought a dvd player, so about 7 alltogether.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk? I'd hate to disappoint Ennis, but  I don't eat any meat.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?  Don't have one, just someplace nice

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?  No, the farthest west I have been is Ohio for a day, but I would love to go there

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Now, just plain white mostly.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?  Unfortunately no, I had violin in school for a little while, real bad.

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?  Little white dogs.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?  Diet coke.

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?  Two and one broken one that I can't seem to get rid of.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it? Actually, Brokeback Mountain, (from Close Range, now I have to read the rest of the stories.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?  dell

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?  Walking and walking and walking and sometimes biking'

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites? None, they get me dizzy.

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)? Anything with eggplant and pasta.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?  I absolutely love thunderstorms.

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?  Analog.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?  One
color]

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)? Knitting, weaving, spinning, etc, etc.

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now? Coffee, black with sweet n low.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:34:38 pm by marlb42 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:42 pm »

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be? That would defiantly be my over sized pillow. It's the only way I could sleep ( if there was any) .

Awww! I think that is so cute, Geri!  :D

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?  Light cream yellow on the walls.  Forrest green cupboards. Red Apple decorations.  It works.

I can picture it. It sounds lovely!  :)

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?HaHaHA, Lynne, how do I answer this :laugh: :laugh:

Now I'm really curious! What's going on in your kitchen Truman?  ???

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity? Nakkid twister

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yes, I would try it.  Usually I don't like hunting at all.  But, I've always heard that venison is good.  So, I would try it.  I'm not a vegetarian.

You're not the only one Amanda. I don't like the idea of hunting either.

I used to play viola and guitar.

I'm amazed at how many people here play, or used to play bowed instruments! In addition to myself, Marlene and Amanda both played the violin, and you played the viola Lee!  :D

Not especially. Where there's thunder, there's lightning, and that reminds me of the time we lost all those sheep. But rain is fine, especially if we can stay in the tent or a cave.

Camping in a cave! That sounds like a lot of fun. We have many caves in Indiana. I'll remember that the next time I go camping!

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? I finally bought a dvd player, so about 7 alltogether.

I think I remember reading a post a while ago about your DVD player. If I remember correctly, you were having problems hooking it up to your television. Did you finally figure it out Marlene? It's sounds like you did, if you already have 7 DVD's!  :D

Great answers everyone!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 12:58:35 am »
7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many? Less than 10! But my husband has hundreds.

Oops! I just realized I answered this as if Jack were asking about CDs!!!! To set the record straight: I have one DVD, "Dogtown and Z-Boys." (And my husband doesn't own any DVDs.)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:21 pm »
Dinner at a great restaurant.

An inflatable mattress.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?
About ten.

Never-ending happiness.

Arm & Hammer.

Classic rock or oldies.

Less than 20.

No elk for me.

Marriott.

Yes, to Yellowstone.

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?
Antique white cabinets and orange-red faux painted walls. 

Piano, badly.

Dogs (whippets and greyhounds).

Coke.

Two.

The Crime of the Century about Richard Speck's murder of eight student nurses in Chicago.

A Mac.

Walking.

Only one:  Tetris.

Prime rib (medium rare) with a baked potato and a salad.

No, because heavy rains often make the floor drain in my laundry room back up.

Analog.

One.

Cardmaking.

A strawberry and banana smoothie.