Author Topic: Help with Livejournal?  (Read 2475 times)

injest

Help with Livejournal?
« on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:33 am »
I have a Livejournal account but can't figure out how ya'll are making all these fancy pages and all. I can post entries to my journal but that is it!

I have a story I want to upload from Word to my acct. Would like to have it seperate from the rest of my stories...but when I tried....the whole thing became one big ol clump...all the paragraphs are gone and the Ilatics are gone too....(and the italics are kinda...NECESSARY!!)

anyone?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Help with Livejournal?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:54:43 am »
Hi Jess,

When I write my stories in word, I single space them, with a double space between paragraphs. With this formatting, the paragraphs will be preserved when you upload to LJ.

In LJ, you have the option to upload in HTML mode or Rich Text. In rich text, you will get icons that allow you to add italics, bold, etc. You do your formatting at the time you upload your document.

Alternatively (and this is what I do), put the HTML tags in your word document as you are writing.  <i > to start italics; < /i> to end. <b > </b > for bold, <center> </center> to center, etc. Don't put the spaces in the brackets...I had to do that to make them show here.

As for the fancy pages, you can select those in your profile in LJ.

I am not real good on the tags, etc. Maybe someone else can chime in with that info. There are also lots of help files and FAQs which are full of information.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!