Author Topic: Everything : "LOST"  (Read 18509 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Everything : "LOST"
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 08:32:22 am »
Geez, David.  You really need to write for this show.  Fortunately, their writing has vastly improved over the last two episodes.  Have you had any part in that?
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 09:00:28 am »
Geez, David.  You really need to write for this show.  Fortunately, their writing has vastly improved over the last two episodes.  Have you had any part in that?

It's funny that you say that.

Last year I posted on the ABC LOST message board a scenario that the cast would see a plane over the island and get all excited and think they were going to be rescued.    Then a parachute would open from a large box dropped by the plane.     The group is still excited thinking it is rescue supplies, food, maybe a raft.  They all run into the jungle to get the box.    The episode ends with them  staring at the crate where printed on it it says  : "Food for the next 90 days".    Then the next shot is a close up of the planes tail logo:    DHARMA

I almost fell off my chair when a few weeks later they find a parachute pallet drop of food supplies from Dharma in the jungle one night.

So maybe the producers read the Message boards after all?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:01 am »
Wouldn't surprise me at all.  And unless you don't mind not being compensated and/or credited, I guess I'd stop posting my episode ideas on their website.

:)

So what did you think of the last two episodes?  I thought they were both brilliant - especially the last one.  Which really surprised me because when it was clear it was gonna be about the newbies, I figured I was about to be underwhelmed.

No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:14 am »
Wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Wouldn't surprise me, either. Seems like it would be a good way to monitor their core fan base.

By way of comparison, I've been told that J.K. Rowling reads the Harry Potter fan boards
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 12:28:21 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me at all.  And unless you don't mind not being compensated and/or credited, I guess I'd stop posting my episode ideas on their website.

:)

So what did you think of the last two episodes?  I thought they were both brilliant - especially the last one.  Which really surprised me because when it was clear it was gonna be about the newbies, I figured I was about to be underwhelmed.

True.  I don't post there anymore, but only because it is over run with kids making silly non-LOST related posts.     

Those last two episodes blew me away!    I too thought a story line around two newbies was going to be a snore, but the ending sure was a surprize!   Very Twilight zone - Outerlimits like!

mvansand76

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 11:16:05 am »
I gave up on Lost. I don't know why, but they lost me around the time that they were being held prisoner in the camp of the others. What season is that, 3? Can anybody say anything that will get me to watch it again?

Scott6373

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 11:27:17 am »
I gave up on Lost. I don't know why, but they lost me around the time that they were being held prisoner in the camp of the others. What season is that, 3? Can anybody say anything that will get me to watch it again?

I'm kinda with on this one.  I don't tink I would know what the heck was gong on now anyway.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 10:15:26 pm »

Sorry guys i was such a true lost freak, but they just lost me.  They made so many mistakes, and false
starts, and reruns, and gap spaces,, with promises unkept...I just gave up, tired of being jerked (around) or whatever.  I am so far out of the loop now,, i dont give a flying rats...___   I hate that too, it was my favorite show.....                                                                                   enjoy ya'll        janice

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 10:23:47 am »
Oh yeah!  that was the worst part.  They'd give you 6 episodes in the fall , then break for the holidays until February!   

Now they announce the show is ending in 3 more 16 episode seasons.   

Why not 2 more 24 episode seasons?  ARG!

That was the problem here in Holland, they waited I think 7 months before showing new episodes. By then, I just didn't care anymore. Happened with Desperate Housewives too.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 08:03:34 pm »
I'm still watching, David!   ;D

Shall I start?

OK, so who's in the coffin?  I've tossed it around quite a bit and I've decided it's not Michael after all, but Ben.  It could possibly be Locke, too.  I go by Kate saying "Why would I go to the funeral?" and Jack saying "Neither" when asked if he was a friend or family.  Sawyer doesn't jibe, because while Jack would say that about him, I refuse to believe Kate would, unless he somehow really ends up betraying her in the end, but I can't see that happening.

Your turn.  :)
No more beans!