Author Topic: Happy Aero Screening 1st Anniversary! (A few days late)  (Read 3318 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Happy Aero Screening 1st Anniversary! (A few days late)
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:04:21 pm »
 (I posted this also on the archive thread but it deserves its own thread)

Hello Everyone!

I just realized the Aero Screening Anniversary (February 13th) came and went! So for people who have no idea what that is or want to relive the memories and amazing thread that went with it, check out the archive www.geocities.com/bbmarchive. The best thread on the Aero experience IMO (called something like "Angfest '06") is NOT there, but is probably waiting to be put up! But there is a great thread called "Heath and Jake both looked at me (Q&A Screening)" and that is located under the header APPEARANCES AND SCREENINGS.

It was started by none other than Ellemeno, one of the blessed pilgrims, to adapt a phrase from the Cult Thread. This took a while (!) but imbedded in the thread is post by MERYL (as Meryl 88) that contains a link to a post on Live Journal about the event, and near the end of that thread is a great post by Surf, one of the seven pilgrims, who used to be a member here, and had the last word, literally, at the Aero Screening. I'll reprint his post from the LiveJournal thread here, since it's such a wild goose chase getting to it:

There has been a bit of mention in threads on forums/websites, about what I said at the AERO screening last Monday night (I can't believe it's been one week already!). Anyway, not everyone was there and what I said has been sort of paraphrased by several people and even a not so accurate snippet on the "Defamer" website, so I am posting here to the best of my memory. I had to sit here and think hard and over and over about what exactly I said and what I remember, period, and I'm tired, I just got back to NYC from L.A. late last night. So here it is:

***************************************************************************************************

Here is what I said at the Aero, to the best of my memory. I was the last one to speak to them. I really can't remember what I said word for word, and in exactly what order I said things, and I may end up leaving some things out. I wish I had had a tape recorder with me that night. Maybe someone somewhere had one, who knows.

I think I first started out by saying that many people there that night had thanked them for making the movie and I just wanted to add a little to that. Then I went on,

"All of you do this for a living: Actors, Writer, Cinematographer, Musician/Composer,

(and I gesture with my right hand, pointing them all out. Then I add an aside directed at Gustavo),

"and Gustavo, you have know Idea how in love I am with your music

(Gustavo, I remember smiles at me big and says "Thank You") then I continue,

"and you would all probably say you were just doing your jobs. But when you made this film, you did more than just your jobs. What you did, and I'm speaking for myself personally, but what all of you did, more than just a film, what you really did was give me a gift"

(and I remember at this point a woman somewhere behind me saying "Oh yeah" out loud and a bit of appluase, but I was so wrapped up in what I was saying I never saw how Heath or Jake or any of the rest of them reacted to this)

"Gustavo, your Music, Rodrigo, your beautiful cinematography

(and I remember Rodrigo smiling at me and saying "Thank You"),

Diana for writing such a beautiful script, Michelle your portrayal of Alma and Heath and Jake, this is the portrayal I've been waiting for, and getting these characters up on screen - I've been starving and thirsty for this all my life,

I rememember seeing Jake leaning forward, listening, seemed to be smiling, looking at me, Heath, a serious look?

I mean, you don't get this watching "Will & Grace",

(laughter and applause),

and I just can't let go of this movie"

(Reply to this) (Thread)

sarful
2006-02-21 01:17 am UTC (link) 
Oh cool. Yeah the actors were nodding and did want to say something. I was staring at Jake as you were talking. I remember you because it was the only 'thank you for making this movie' comment that was good and actually got everyone nodding. Nice comment.
(Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)

surf501
2006-02-21 05:44 am UTC (link) 
Thanks so much for your kind words. Any/all details you can give me of how he was looking/reacting to the things I said I would very much appreciate. If it wasn't for you I would nevever have known that Heath and Jake had even attempted to respond to me, thanks to that dang Newsweek reporter who cut them off from speaking to me!!!
(Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)

sarful
2006-02-21 06:26 am UTC (link) 
Well both Heath and Jake were polite as with every thank you they got, but with yours they were nodding and Jake had a smirk on his face and was no longer sitting with his legs crossed and him back to the chair. I mean he wasn't doing anything special, but he had the most adorable smile when you said we don't get this on Will and Grace, or something along those lines. After you finished that it seemed as though either Jake wanted to quip about Will and Grace or just thank you for your comment. They were looking at you, if he was looking at me I probably would have not been able to talk, much less get any coherent words out of my mouth.

There! Happy Aero Screening Anniversary week, everyone!

Jenny
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:45:14 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy Aero Screening 1st Anniversary! (A few days late)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:08:56 pm »
God Damn I wish I would have gone to this.  I kick myself in the rear every day for not going!  >:(   I'm on the verge of crying about  it.  :'( 

But alas, no more.  I make it to every Brokie shin-dig there is.  No more a that "missin' out" for me.  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 12:21:38 pm »
Me, either, Eric. My, you're up early today! Getting a jump on the weekend?

Thanks for the radio additions!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:22:44 pm »
Thanks for the radio additions!!

:D  ;D  ;)
I hope you're enjoyin' 'em.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:56:04 pm »
Thanks, Jenny, our Tremblayan Scholar!  That was a wonderful night, and it's great to relive it.  When Ellemeno gets back online, I hope she'll comment here about it.  8)

Starboardlight, henrypie and mlewisusc, if you see this, please put in a word, too!  8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:59:09 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 01:00:03 pm »

Here's the link to the description in the Cult thread: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3653.msg95856.html#msg95856
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 04:30:33 pm »
Hey, thanks for that Meryl. I just re-read the whole Q&A with Pierre...sigh. Good times. One thing you might want to correct in that post that you link to, is that Diana Ossana was there at the Aero, but you left out her name. You can tell from Surf's post that he referred to her and thanked her along with the rest of the panel for their individual contributions.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 05:53:18 pm »
One thing you might want to correct in that post that you link to, is that Diana Ossana was there at the Aero, but you left out her name. You can tell from Surf's post that he referred to her and thanked her along with the rest of the panel for their individual contributions.

Done!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 11:15:35 pm »
A belated Happy Aero Day to all!  *MWA*