Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 946482 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #430 on: February 21, 2007, 06:06:29 pm »
At school, in staff room recently I was actually defendin that very point. Why is there such a taboo 'bout drinkin a soda in the mornin; why is it such an acceptable thing fer coffee ta be the mornin beverage & so "wrong" ta drink "pop"? They both contain caffein and little else.

Then this mornin I (sorta) badmouthed Jess fer orderin a coke with her biscuits & grave - what's with that! Hunh?

And now, this afternoon, they just had a blurb on the radio 'bout the very subject! (coinkidinki, or what?!?!)

Apparently it's more common that we think - 15% of breakfasts are served with a soft drink instead a coffee! And it's on the rise! Furthermore, the coffee consumption at breakfast is apparently on the decline! (though still the most popular beverage) Expect the soft drink companies ta start promoting their product as a mornin beverage in the very near future.

(BTW, caffein content a coke is about half that a coffee - a little factoid I always wondered about!)

I had heard that too...how coke with breakfast is on the rise. I, for one cannot imagine drinking a coke with my cereal or eggs, but then again, I drink very little soda, in general.

White wine on the other hand...LOL...except I have had more beer in the past few days than I have had in YEARS since I have been frequenting this FINE establishment....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #431 on: February 21, 2007, 06:06:55 pm »
Keep on pushin Les, who knows, we might just relent - after all, you ARE a regular here, and we certainly appreciate yer patronage!

Pâté chinois (with the regular fixins) and a Moose Head - comin right up!

Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Le Sheriff!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2007, 06:08:24 pm »
Et voila, j'ai 4900 postes!

Incroyable!

L

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2007, 06:12:50 pm »
Mes félicitations madame - continue à nous côtoyer et vous vous trouverez au délà de 5 000 dans un rien de temps!

Ready fer a refill?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Scott6373

« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2007, 06:14:05 pm »
Lordy I'm mighty parched

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2007, 06:17:23 pm »
Hey Scott! what's yer beverage a choice this afternoon?

(and what did you mean by yer last post - can't figure what ya meant - bout yer P.E.I. experiences)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Scott6373

« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2007, 06:19:57 pm »
Hey Scott! what's yer beverage a choice this afternoon?

(and what did you mean by yer last post - can't figure what ya meant - bout yer P.E.I. experiences)

Beer will be fine.  My Grandparents were from Prince Edward Island (PEI).  That dish is a speciality of theirs.  As is the 45's card game...which actually has its origins in Scotland (Keda...where are ye).  When we were older Nana taught us how to play and would slip us a little whiskey (probably to make sure  we slept).

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:42 pm »
Beer will be fine.  My Grandparents were from Prince Edward Island (PEI).  That dish is a speciality of theirs.  As is the 45's card game...which actually has its origins in Scotland (Keda...where are ye).  When we were older Nana taught us how to play and would slip us a little whiskey (probably to make sure  we slept).

Did they call it Pâté Chinois too? - Unlikely, I guess ... more likely Shephard's pie - but was it served with cream corn sandwiched between the meat & taters? That's what makes this dish Soo much more tasty that Shephard's pie!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2007, 06:34:43 pm »
Mes félicitations madame - continue à nous côtoyer et vous vous trouverez au délà de 5 000 dans un rien de temps!

Ready fer a refill?

Sure!

Leslie puts empty mug on Roland's tray...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2007, 06:36:26 pm »
Did they call it Pâté Chinois too? - Unlikely, I guess ... more likely Shephard's pie - but was it served with cream corn sandwiched between the meat & taters? That's what makes this dish Soo much more tasty that Shephard's pie!

Ah, creamed corn...we know that Ennis has a certain fondness for creamed corn...LOL

L