Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 949652 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #770 on: February 24, 2007, 03:18:22 am »
Ooops! Sorry about that. I got sidetracked.

Katherine! I never suspected you drank beer! I always thought of you as a Tom Collins type of gal!   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #771 on: February 24, 2007, 03:20:09 am »
Thanks, Jess! Oooohhh ... Nice and frosty.

I live in Suburban Chicago at the moment. I grew up in suburban Minneapolis. After college, I moved from there to a very small town in the Red River Valley near the North Dakota border in northwestern Minnesota, then a smallish city on Lake Superior in northeastern Minnesota (Duluth), then New Orleans, then New York City, then back to New Orleans, then back to Minneapolis, then here. Oh, and I spent a couple of slacker summers in Ketchum, Idaho, back in college.

So I've tried a little bit of everything: Midwest, South, East Coast, West, town of 8,000, city of 9 million, and a few places in between.

Katherine has been around!! good grief. I can't imagine. I moved around a lot when I was a kid...here in Texas...but I can't imagine moving now. What would I do with all this stuff??! I don't think there are enough boxes in the world to move all this mess....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #772 on: February 24, 2007, 03:21:40 am »
Thanks, Jess! Oooohhh ... Nice and frosty.

I live in Suburban Chicago at the moment. I grew up in suburban Minneapolis. After college, I moved from there to a very small town in the Red River Valley near the North Dakota border in northwestern Minnesota, then a smallish city on Lake Superior in northeastern Minnesota (Duluth), then New Orleans, then New York City, then back to New Orleans, then back to Minneapolis, then here. Oh, and I spent a couple of slacker summers in Ketchum, Idaho, back in college.

So I've tried a little bit of everything: Midwest, South, East Coast, West, town of 8,000, city of 9 million, and a few places in between.

I have lots of family in South Louisiana; Houma and New Orleans. I go down there all the time!  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #773 on: February 24, 2007, 03:22:44 am »
Katherine! I never suspected you drank beer! I always thought of you as a Tom Collins type of gal!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not for the past 31 years, David! Once I turned 18 and could start going into bars legally, I put my Tom Collins days behind me!

How about you?

Katherine has been around!! good grief. I can't imagine. I moved around a lot when I was a kid...here in Texas...but I can't imagine moving now. What would I do with all this stuff??! I don't think there are enough boxes in the world to move all this mess....

I can attest it gets much harder the older you get. When I was in my 20s and 30s, it was difficult but fun. This past move has been much, much harder. We've been in Oak Park a year and I'm still not sure how long we'll hang in here.

I have lots of family in South Louisiana; Houma and New Orleans. I go down there all the time!  :)

I love it there! I haven't been back post Katrina, though.

injest

« Reply #774 on: February 24, 2007, 03:27:14 am »
David, your relatives were there in the hurricane? did they do ok?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #775 on: February 24, 2007, 03:31:33 am »

I love it there! I haven't been back post Katrina, though.

I was down in New Orleans last Fall for my Aunt Destine's funeral.

It's difficult to look at. No question about it. But they are slowly returning to normal. They'll get there! You mark my words. NO is a great city! But for now, there is still much suffering and misery in many parts of town; especially Jefferson Parish, and a few others. It's hard to look at.  :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #776 on: February 24, 2007, 03:33:28 am »
David, your relatives were there in the hurricane? did they do ok?

I have relatives scattered throughout South Lousiana. Yes, they were there during Katrina.

They suffered property damage, but all are getting back up on their feet. That is Louisiana for you. They bounce back. They always do!  :)

injest

« Reply #777 on: February 24, 2007, 03:34:03 am »
I was down in New Orleans last Fall for my Aunt Destine's funeral.

It's difficult to look at. No question about it. But they are slowly returning to normal. They'll get there! You mark my words. NO is a great city! But for now, there is still much suffering and misery in many parts of town; especially Jefferson Parish, and a few others. It's hard to look at.  :'(

well I am glad you didn't lose anyone... :-\ it is still a mess isn't it? everyone fighting over how to spend the money the government sent down... :P

injest

« Reply #778 on: February 24, 2007, 03:36:18 am »
well I am gonna have to go to bed...see ya'll tomorrow? til then Matt is taking over...he is another of my hired hands. Heard about the tips Andy made and wants to try his hand. Ya'll be nice!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #779 on: February 24, 2007, 03:38:02 am »
well I am glad you didn't lose anyone... :-\ it is still a mess isn't it? everyone fighting over how to spend the money the government sent down... :P

Or I think even more often waiting to spend the money the government HASN'T sent down.

I want to go back there in the next month or so and see what's going on. I worked at the newspaper when I lived there, and much as I was glad to not have to be part of that chaos I was also a tiny bit wistful that I was missing such a big historical moment. But the history really isn't over, and the community is far from recovered.

How about you David? Planning a trip down there anytime soon?