Author Topic: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)  (Read 47759 times)

mvansand76

Re: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2007, 01:33:02 pm »
OMG, Mel - you're right.  Keeping with the pace of the story that's been set and keeping with the update "schedule" - it will be Christmas!!!  :laugh:  Oh, well - I'll  just think of it as a great Christmas present to look forward to!  And if the shipyard scene is any indication, yeah - maybe I should put a defibrilator on my Christmas list   ;)

LOL! I'm glad you pointed this out because this is just the kind of crazy thought that passes through my crazy mind.  I don't read endings first - but I am a very fast reader.  Of course, as you've pointed out - being a fast reader doesn't help when you don't have the next chapter yet!   :-\  :laugh:

:-*
Marie

You know, that's what I always loved about SOG, Amy updated every week and you could really count on her for that!

Yeah, I know what you mean, I am an extremely fast reader too, I have to slow myself down all the time. I am now reading Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt kid and it's so hilarious that I don't want it to end, so I slow myself down and allow myself to read 10 pages a day. Another reason why I only read 10 pages is because I drive my boyfriend crazy when I start to laugh hysterically every once in a while, startling him and giving him a heartattack. Oh God, I can really recommend his writing, it makes you happy and it's great ab exercise!

;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2007, 06:44:29 pm »
You know, that's what I always loved about SOG, Amy updated every week and you could really count on her for that!

Oh yeah, SOG - another awesome fic - would love a sequel to that one!  (I know I'm greedy!  ;D)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I am an extremely fast reader too, I have to slow myself down all the time. I am now reading Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt kid and it's so hilarious that I don't want it to end, so I slow myself down and allow myself to read 10 pages a day. Another reason why I only read 10 pages is because I drive my boyfriend crazy when I start to laugh hysterically every once in a while, startling him and giving him a heartattack. Oh God, I can really recommend his writing, it makes you happy and it's great ab exercise!

;D

Okay, I would say this is a coincidence - but since there are no coincidences - it's just funny!  I picked up Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of Thunderbolt Kid about three weeks ago at the library (the library is my second home).  I scarfed it right down.  You are so right about laughing hysterically!  I enjoyed it so much I passed it on to three more people - they all loved it - and just returned it this week.  ;D
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2007, 10:27:11 pm »
*David peeks back in the door, watching and listening to Melissa and Marie as they discuss the story*

Hmmm.  :-\

*David shakes his head in agreement*

Yup. That's interesting. I have no idea what you two are talking about, but it sure is interesting!!  ;)

Maybe one of these days I'll start reading the story again.   8)

:D :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 05:39:15 am »
Oh yeah, SOG - another awesome fic - would love a sequel to that one!  (I know I'm greedy!  ;D)

Okay, I would say this is a coincidence - but since there are no coincidences - it's just funny!  I picked up Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of Thunderbolt Kid about three weeks ago at the library (the library is my second home).  I scarfed it right down.  You are so right about laughing hysterically!  I enjoyed it so much I passed it on to three more people - they all loved it - and just returned it this week.  ;D

Yeah, SOG was quite something, wasn't it? I don't think we'll get a sequel for that one, I don't think Amy will write another BBM fanfic. She is still working on her original novel and the last time she posted something on ennisjack she said that she's not really planning a sequel. To be honest, I would rather see her write a whole new BBM story, AU!AU...

I don't believe in coincidences either! God, how I love everything Bill Bryson! He is one of the funniest men! I was reading The Thunderbolt kid last night and I couldn't stop quoting lines to my boyfriend. He is starting to get fed up with the book but he promised me he would read it once I finished it! Did you read his other books? Neither here nor there is hilarious!  ;D

Mel

mvansand76

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2007, 05:39:57 am »
*David peeks back in the door, watching and listening to Melissa and Marie as they discuss the story*

Hmmm.  :-\

*David shakes his head in agreement*

Yup. That's interesting. I have no idea what you two are talking about, but it sure is interesting!!  ;)

Maybe one of these days I'll start reading the story again.   8)

:D :D

Hey, we're not talking to you on this thread until you start reading it again!

;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »
 . . .

*Marie waves to David* 

Ya know, Mel - I think David is secretly reading CY!   ;)

. . . To be honest, I would rather see her write a whole new BBM story, AU!AU...

Yeah, anything she writes is great - but if she's working on an original, and I can totally understand why she is - I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. 

I don't believe in coincidences either! God, how I love everything Bill Bryson! He is one of the funniest men! I was reading The Thunderbolt kid last night and I couldn't stop quoting lines to my boyfriend. He is starting to get fed up with the book but he promised me he would read it once I finished it! Did you read his other books? Neither here nor there is hilarious!  ;D

Yep, I've read several of Bryson's books and have enjoyed them all. 

Okay, so it's been about a week since the last chapter of CY.  About 53 days or so to go?  Not that I'm anxious or anything . . . .  ;D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007, 12:46:38 pm »
*Marie waves to David* 

Ya know, Mel - I think David is secretly reading CY!   ;)

Yep, I've read several of Bryson's books and have enjoyed them all. 

Okay, so it's been about a week since the last chapter of CY.  About 53 days or so to go?  Not that I'm anxious or anything . . . .  ;D

Marie

I think he is, orrrrrr we just have to accept that some of us are not gripped by CY! If we have to urge him to read the rest, then that's probably not a good sign.  ;D

53 more days to go? OMG - That would be the end of the Summer...  :-\ Oh well, enough equally good stories around to read (Dead Petals, Flea, I hope Sienna is getting her BFF muse back soon, In Plain Sight, to name a few...).

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:48 pm »
OMG, MEL!!!! Look what I just found - hot off the presses!  Chapter 8:

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/15342.html

Aargh.....I'll have to wait until later to read...

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 04:27:32 pm »
OMG, MEL!!!! Look what I just found - hot off the presses!  Chapter 8:

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/15342.html

Aargh.....I'll have to wait until later to read...

Marie

LOL! You beat me to it, Marie! I am gonna try and print it out now... and read it, I won't post anything about it until tomorrow, OK?

Hugs, Mel

mvansand76

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2007, 05:32:56 am »
*Faints*

Really, I can't write anything coherent at the moment...  :P Will try later... have you read it yet, Marie?