Author Topic: Another article about Jakes sexuality  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Another article about Jakes sexuality
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 05:41:19 pm »
I can't wait to get my Jarhead DVD... :P
Nice pic Deedee...
We already know his back is sexy, check out the 2nd tent scene, with that little mole on his back too.. :o

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 05:42:41 pm »
I don't know him but he doesn't look gay to me. Not at all. He's open minded and very careful when addressing those gays rumors, but I don't think he is gay. Then again, I could be wrong. Jake strikes me as a loving, mature, and sensitive guy, who won't go about hurting someone he cares about so people won't get the wrong idea. I mean he still hangs out with Austin no matter what people say about the nature of their relationship. They look like buddies to tell you the truth. I also think he's very much into girls but was recently heartbroken and needs some time before embarking into a new relationship.

I don't know what Jake is into right now, its none of my business either, but I wonder why he doesn't do some travelling. He could use some time away from those paparazzis. He should do like Natalie Portman who went to Morocco, and travelled all over Spain by herself. But that's just my opinion. If I had all the money he probably has, I'd travel all over Europe by train, meet new places and new people. I'd do that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:45:36 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 07:57:42 pm »
Ain't no such thing as bad publicity, but ye gods I'm sick of everyone jumping on poor Jake about his dating life or lack thereof.  Is it any wonder there are beards and Hollywood stars hook up on the slightest pretext?  You stay single long enough people start talking.

And people said on the big board that Jack and Ennis could have remained single without a problem.

Shit, a movie star in 21st century Hollywood can't be single for a month before people start talking.  Small town Wyoming in 1963 would have been a hellhole.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48:57 pm »
Are you kidding?   That is great publicity for him!    Note how his agent only said that they (Jake and Austin) were not a couple.    He didn't say "Jakes not gay".  This way he won't offend his gay fans, nor his female fans.     That is smart marketing!

yep I agree. I think these rumors keeps his name in the front of people's mind. As long as people are talking about him, his career is still in high gear. Of course, his personal life suffers for it. Maintaining an ambiguity means he can't be dating anyone for too long. In any case, since he's not dating now, might as well take advantage of the free publicity.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:46 pm »
Ain't no such thing as bad publicity, but ye gods I'm sick of everyone jumping on poor Jake about his dating life or lack thereof.  Is it any wonder there are beards and Hollywood stars hook up on the slightest pretext?  You stay single long enough people start talking.

And people said on the big board that Jack and Ennis could have remained single without a problem.

Shit, a movie star in 21st century Hollywood can't be single for a month before people start talking.  Small town Wyoming in 1963 would have been a hellhole.

True, that.  I have a woman friend I've known for 20 years.  Never been married, no kids, lives alone and is a career woman in a big city.  Wears her hair short, ala Natalie Portman, and dresses Katharine Hepburn-like - impeccably, but somewhat mannishly - always has, always will.  And I know she absolutely *adores* men.  She lived with an incredibly hot one for several years, loved him, but it just wasn't in the cards for them.  She's been single ever since.  And she has no qualms about that whatsoever.  Yes, she gets lonely from time to time.  But she has her crushes (Jon Bon Jovi, George Clooney, and lately, Jake) that keep her warm at night.  And she has her many varied interests and hobbies, and that's all she needs.  But she gets questions about her sexuality all the time because she's in her 40s and has never been married.  I could so easily see myself in her shoes.  Had I not met my husband when I did, there's no telling how long I'd have been single.  I really like being alone.  I like my friends, I enjoy other people, but when I'm alone is when I recharge.  And really needy people bug the bejesus out of me.  If not for Ed, I'd very likely be alone and not be all that sad about it.  It pisses me off when people go after her like vultures.  Good God.  You take the road less traveled on and get nothing but shite.  Even in a big metropolitan area.  So, yes, anyone who doesn't get that rural Wyoming in 1963 (or any time) would be a living hell for anyone just the slightest bit different has their head firmly lodged in very dark and odiferous place.

I'm sorry.  What was the question?
No more beans!

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:39:41 pm »

True, that.  I have a woman friend I've known for 20 years.  Never been married, no kids, lives alone and is a career woman in a big city.  Wears her hair short, ala Natalie Portman, and dresses Katharine Hepburn-like - impeccably, but somewhat mannishly - always has, always will.  And I know she absolutely *adores* men.  She lived with an incredibly hot one for several years, loved him, but it just wasn't in the cards for them.  She's been single ever since.  And she has no qualms about that whatsoever.  Yes, she gets lonely from time to time.  But she has her crushes (Jon Bon Jovi, George Clooney, and lately, Jake) that keep her warm at night.  And she has her many varied interests and hobbies, and that's all she needs.  But she gets questions about her sexuality all the time because she's in her 40s and has never been married.  I could so easily see myself in her shoes.  Had I not met my husband when I did, there's no telling how long I'd have been single.  I really like being alone.  I like my friends, I enjoy other people, but when I'm alone is when I recharge.  And really needy people bug the bejesus out of me.  If not for Ed, I'd very likely be alone and not be all that sad about it.  It pisses me off when people go after her like vultures.  Good God.  You take the road less traveled on and get nothing but shite.  Even in a big metropolitan area.  So, yes, anyone who doesn't get that rural Wyoming in 1963 (or any time) would be a living hell for anyone just the slightest bit different has their head firmly lodged in very dark and odiferous place.

I'm sorry.  What was the question?

It's so true what you're saying ednbarby. Just for quoting Jack "It's nobody's business, but ours", yet in this world it seems that whenever you've taken - through your own choices or through the choices imposed by life - your road, society seems in need to judge and catalogue you. Straight, gay, bi? Never simply a human being, simply that...
Luigi
They were two friends of mine

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:45:55 pm »
Precisely, Luigi.  What bothers me the most about people debating Jake's (or anyone else's) sexuality is that in the very doing of that, they are proving the point you just made.  I'd rather just see him as a person - albeit a magnificently beautiful one - and leave it at that.  And I figure why should it matter either way to me, anyway?  It's not as if I have a shot at him.   ::)
No more beans!