Author Topic: Jakey G on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart  (Read 14698 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Jakey G on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jakey G on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:48:40 pm »
Don't wait until the 28th to start watching for Jakey:

LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, CBS
Monday Feb 26: Jake Gyllenhaal

LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O'BRIEN, NBC
Tuesday Feb 27: Jake Gyllenhaal, Izabel Goulart

THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART, Comedy Central
Wednesday Feb 28: Jake Gyllenhaal

Zodiac, a Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. joint production, is a film directed by David Fincher that is scheduled for release in the United States on March 2, 2007. The film is based on Robert Graysmith's two books about the Zodiac Killer.

Tagline: There's more than one way to lose your life to a killer

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:58:10 am »
Oh.My.God.  Next week is getting better all the time!   ;D

I've been wanting to see Jake on The Daily Show, like, forever.  Of all the late-night hosts, I like Conan and Jon Stewart the best - I find them to be the least mean-spirited.  And interestingly enough, also the smartest.  David Letterman is a sociopath.  I liked him in the early days because his show was cutting-edge and different, but now I find his meanness so obvious that it's difficult for me to watch him.  Jay Leno *seems* like a nice guy but is really more than a little bit of a prick and barely masks a certain nastiness, so I don't generally enjoy watching him, either.  It would surprise me if Jake didn't end up doing Jay's show again - he did so well on it last year and they have a good rapport together.  So I guess I'll just have to suffer through it.

(Tell us how ya really feel, huh, Barb?  ;))
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:13:30 am »
OHHHHHboy! I am gonna get in that line on Wednesday and see if I can get tickets to the show! Meryl, John G, Juan, any New Yorkers out there want to join me? The show tapes at 5 pm the same day it's shown. Last year (4 days before BBM came out) I had the privilege of being in the audience when Jimmy Carter was on the show. It rocked!

But nothing could compare to a show with Jake. (Except maybe having dinner with Jake!)

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:29 am »
But nothing could compare to a show with Jake. (Except maybe having dinner with Jake!)

Or... having something else with Jake.

:-*
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:42:19 am »
Or... having something else with Jake.

:-*

awwww-huh, girrrl, you said it!

;D :P :D
(that midddle one is Jake doing his tongue-thing -- I can't believe we don't use that more often!)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:20:57 pm »
**thud** overdoses on so much Jake

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 04:35:08 pm »
I got tickets to the show! I was going to go for standby tickets but I went to the website an saw that tickets were available for tomorrow's show! I'm going with Amy (who was at the NY Broncho in April last year but doesn't post here anymore). Whoo-wee!!

If anyone out there is watching, look and listen for me to be the loudest-cheering brokie you ever saw! And if the Gods are listening to my prayers maybe I'll get to meet the man himself...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:33:04 pm by newyearsday »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 05:03:28 pm »
Of all the late-night hosts, I like Conan and Jon Stewart the best - I find them to be the least mean-spirited.  And interestingly enough, also the smartest.  David Letterman is a sociopath.  I liked him in the early days because his show was cutting-edge and different, but now I find his meanness so obvious that it's difficult for me to watch him.  Jay Leno *seems* like a nice guy but is really more than a little bit of a prick and barely masks a certain nastiness, so I don't generally enjoy watching him, either.  It would surprise me if Jake didn't end up doing Jay's show again - he did so well on it last year and they have a good rapport together.  So I guess I'll just have to suffer through it.

I so agree with all of this, Barb. Jon Steward is incredibly nice -- even to right wingers! And I finished reading a piece about how he and Stephen Colbert are among the few talk-show hosts left who still interview authors of serious, intelligent books. Furthermore, Jon Stewart can discuss them intelligently. I would add Stephen Colbert to the smart/nice list (underneath the schtick).

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 05:16:20 pm »
I got tickets to the show! I was going to go for standby tickets but I went to the website an saw that tickets were available for tomorrow's show! I'm going with Amy (who was at the NY Broncho in April last year but doesn't post here anymore). Whoo-wee!!

If anyone out there is watching, look and listen for me to be the loudest cheering-brokie you ever saw! And if the Gods are listening to my prayers maybe I'll get to meet the man himself...

Jenny, you rock!