Author Topic: Jakey G on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart  (Read 14677 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Jakey G on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 02:46:14 am »
Hey David:

that is correct!!

Here is a little prezzy for you, it is really cool!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Jane

Thanks so much Jane for posting this!!

I will download it and I'm sure it will come in handy.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 03:02:14 am »
Thanks so much Jane for posting this!!

I will download it and I'm sure it will come in handy.  :D

Ah David, you don't have to download it, just click on it!  Happy Birthday!   :-*

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 03:05:08 am »
Ah David, you don't have to download it, just click on it!  Happy Birthday!   :-*

J

Oh!  :D

Thanks for telling about that, because I thought it was gonna be a great big program that would take and hour or two to download on my AOL dial-up account.  :P

Thanks Jane!   :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 06:06:25 am »

J

You gave me a heart attack that I had missed david's birthday but its not on the calender for this month!
phew!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 09:58:46 am »

oops!  sorry Kelda,  ;)
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 12:43:28 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Sorry it's been 2 days and I haven't gotten to post about being at TDS. It was awesome. And a little surreal. Me and Amy had a good time talking and re-counting our favorite moments from the Conan appearance before the show started ("and then you had to leave! leave! leave!" Conan is such a spaz and Jake, we both agree, is such a dork and that's why we love him!)

We sat in the 3rd row of the center-right section facing the "stage" which was cool because the way Jake was sitting, he was pretty much facing our section. We were about 40 feet away I'd say. A little too far to feel as "with him" as I wanted. When he came out, his eyes sort of swept over the section we were in...a fleeting moment of feeling like I *almost* had some eye contact. But the general impression I had was how soft his eyes are, how the energy of his looking at the crowd was of softness somehow, even though it only took a second or two.

I was baffled that I didn't somehow get to meet him -- after all I had this cool hand-clapping song to show him after his thing on Conan of wanting to do that! But, it was not to be that day. It was over pretty quickly. And no, I couldn't hear a lot of what was said, because the audience noise drowns out a good bit of what you can hear even on TV (I still have to watch the tape of it to see what I can get that I didn't hear then). But they obviously had fun together and play off each other well.

So, there you go everyone! Oh, and if you want to listen for my cheering, I don't know but I felt like I was pretty loud, at least in my section. I have a really high pitched cheer that can go on for a long time and I was going "yeoww!" a lot near the end of when Jake came onstage and sat down.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:05:14 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 12:57:37 pm »
Jenny, that's the same basic seating relative to each other that Jake and I had at the Aero.  :)   

Your yeows were what really made the show come alive!  Thanks for the report and for being such a devoted Brokie!

Clarissa

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 01:20:36 pm »
Wow, you mean you can make them out, Clarissa? (Hi there, by the way!)

Some other cute things I forgot to tell about that you wouldn't have known otherwise...

Before the show starts a comedian comes out to warm up the audience (read: make fun of some of us, call people out on how they look, etc -- yikes!) and get us to see how LOUDLY we have to yell and cheer and clap for the cameras/mics (his name is Paul Mercurio -- but he's not the same Paul Mercurio as in Strictly Ballroom -- love that movie!). He then introduces Jon Stewart who comes out and takes questions from the audience. The first question was, "What does Jake Gyllenhaal look like with his shirt off?" Jon: Well, I can't tell you that, but he tastes like cinnamon."

Second question from a young woman: Is there any way I can meet Jake Gyllenhaal?
Jon: Sure, I guess...if you leap down here when he comes out, yeah, you could probably get close enough to meet him before the security guards hit you with the Taser gun..."

Another woman later held up a piece of folded paper and said: Can you give Jake my phone number?
Jon: Well sure, but why don't you just read it out loud, to all of us now?

We're all cracking up at each of these. Then a guy raises his hand and Jon goes, "Yes?" And as soon as he opens his mouth to speak, Jon cuts him off saying, "No, you can't have his number!" And the guy deadpans, "I've got it." This got big laughs and Jon said, "The audience members have better material than I do!"

Later I heard from one of my co-workers that he knows someone who works at the show and I was like, D'oh! I wish I'd known that before (not that it would be a shoo-in but ya never know...) and then I also found out that Jake was in the audience a few days ago at a new Broadway show called Spring Awakening sitting right in front of some guys who had been given the last few comp tickets for the show from where I work, and they talked to him. I went to the show in January, and John Gallagher also went and loved it so much he saw it again. Hi John, if you're out there!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:24:40 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 01:20:56 pm »
Jenny, I can clearly hear your "yeows" on this youtube clip.  (And I remember thinking when I heard those very last two as Jakey sat down, "There's Jenny and Amy!"  Was I right?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XljSSef0GI

And I think what he says at the end is "You're such a ... (something)."  Dog?  Shit?  Oh, darn.  I guess I'll just have to watch it again just to watch his lips move.  (As if I don't keep watching it again for that very reason anyway.)

No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 01:35:15 pm »
yep, that's us! I think the very last one was me too, but it's funny how you feel like there are other people doing it too. That's cool; I'm immortalized!  ;D

Come to think of it, I wish I'd yelled "Yee-haaw!" now instead of "yeeow!"...hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 02:38:26 pm by newyearsday »