Author Topic: Have you all seen this?  (Read 3246 times)

mvansand76

Have you all seen this?
« on: February 20, 2007, 06:00:06 pm »
Hi all,

While looking for Euro-members for a EuroBrokie get-together, I came across our Dutch friend Steven's (stevenedel) profile. Unfortunately he hasn't been around for a while here on Bettermost, but I saw that there was a link to his website on the profile:

http://www.brokebackmountainscript.com/

A truly remarkable and beautiful document. I am not sure if you all already know about it, but thought I would post this anyway...

This is what he writes about the document:

It has been said that Brokeback Mountain is not a film, it is an experience. It not something you watch, it is something you go through. Other movies seem futile and superficial in comparison.Looking for ways to involve myself actively with the story, and disappointed by the error-plagued, hastily produced screenplay available from Harper, I decided to make my own, ideal version of the script. A lot of work went into it, and during the process I have been overawed to find, time and again, just what an intricately designed work of art Brokeback Mountain is. This site was put up to share my version of the script. It is in PDF-format and contains 111 pages.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Have you all seen this?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:58:27 pm »
Wow!  Thank you for posting this!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:39:57 am »
I think Steven should send it over to Focus Features to see about having it published.  I think it would make an excellent coffee table book in a hardcover edition.  Imagine it with hundreds of over-sized screen caps from the movie.  I would buy it in a heartbeat, at any price.  :)

As I e-mailed Steven, it was obviously a labor of love on his part.

Fran
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:42:56 am by Fran »

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:35:06 am »
Have you seen this?

"February 16, 2007

Brokeback kiss voted top in film poll

The controversial beat out the conventional in a poll by LoveFilm.com, which picked Brokeback Mountain's kiss between Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger as the top screen kiss of all time.  :-*

The top pick beat out Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard's kiss in Breakfast at Tiffany's and Brangelina's lip-lock in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The fifth spot went to Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair's kiss in Cruel Intentions."  (The Advocate)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 01:50:27 am »
This is great!  I'm glad you ran across it - it always amazes me how much I miss no matter how much time I'm here!!!

BTW - I cannot believe that 'Brangelina's lip-lock in Mr. and Mrs. Smith' was even in the running.  I can think of 10 better ones off the top of my head!!

A 'labor of love' indeed - I hope Steven can make the EuroBrokie get-together - it sounds like he'd be awesome to meet!

-Lynne
 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:22:47 am »
I think Steven should send it over to Focus Features to see about having it published.  I think it would make an excellent coffee table book in a hardcover edition.  Imagine it with hundreds of over-sized screen caps from the movie.  I would buy it in a heartbeat, at any price.  :)

As I e-mailed Steven, it was obviously a labor of love on his part.

Fran

Oh I was thinking the same thing, I would love to have it as a book, it's such a wonderful document, I cannot believe the love and thought he has put into it.

That is a really great idea about him sending it to Focus features! I love the beautiful high-res screencaps too!

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "I wish i knew how to quit you" - Jack Twist
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 06:56:52 pm »
I am still stunned by this masterpiece.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:18:46 pm »
*bump* I don't have time to read it all now, but how much does he change the story?
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 06:38:35 am »
*bump* I don't have time to read it all now, but how much does he change the story?

He doesn't change the story at all, he only adds the things that Brokies have heard, like the "I love you" and the "I'm sorry, it's alright, it's alright..." to the script and he added a lot of interesting comments to the script...