Author Topic: Brokeback 20 questions  (Read 23672 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Brokeback 20 questions
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 04:03:57 pm »
1. Do you have a low startle point? err...sometimes (especially when discussing politics and women's and gay rights!)

2. Are you as bad as Jack is at cooking?YES, and proud of it  ;D

3. Ever shot an elk or other animal? Certainly not. Never touched a gun in my life.

4. Was your dad right? Couldn't tell, he never told me anything.

5. Ever drunk whiskey straight out of the bottle?Yep.

6. Ever slept on the ground beside a campfire?Yes, on the sand on a beach, actually.

7. Ever lived in an apartment above a laundromat (or other retail establishment)?no.

8. Are you as good a horseback rider as Lureen -- or can you stay on the horse, anyway? Hahaha, no, I am hopeless on horseback (and scared).

9. Do you know someone named Jack? YES, a friend's husband. And it's my brother's middle name.

10. Ever contacted a romantic partner via postcard?ooohh yes I have.

11. Do you ever bring home freshly caught fish?Never fished in my life.

12. Are you worse than Bobby when it comes to losing stuff?Absolutely!

13. Ever socialized with the fire-and-brimstone crowd?"No! Not on your f***ing life!"

14. Would somebody looking around your home comment that you need more furniture?yes!

15.. Do you watch TV during dinner?ne-ver!

16. Ever used an electric knife?yes.

17. Did you pledge Tri Delt -- or some other sorority or fraternity?no.

18. Do you remember (or know) how it is, being broke all the time?I remember it, yes, and it rememebers me too from time to time!

19. Did your mother keep your bedroom the way it was when you were a kid?no, they have moved out to a place with only one bedroom - theirs - to make sure we wouldn't come and stay with them.

20. Have you ever scattered someone's ashes?Not yet, and am not looking forward to it either.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:45:03 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 04:11:24 pm »
Yes, they are very sweet, gentle creatures. They do, however, have very exotic sex lives. The female praying mantis eats her mate, after he has finished having sex with her! Ouch!  Sounds, to me, like a very convincing reason for being gay, if you happen to be a male praying mantis!

The female EATS the male?

Yeah, I'm surprised ALL the males aren't gay. I wonder why she does that? Talk about a heinous bitch!  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 04:16:37 pm »

19. Did your mother keep your bedroom the way it was when you were a kid?no, they have moved out to a place with only one bedroom - theirs - to make sure we wouldn't come and stay with them.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Well, that's one way to make certain it would never happen. Actually, I think it is a very clever idea Isabelle!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
The female EATS the male?

Yeah, I'm surprised ALL the males aren't gay. I wonder why she does that? Talk about a heinous bitch!  >:(

I work with a woman who has bitten my head  off on a number of occasions. To date, however, she's stopped short of consuming me outright, thank goodness! I wouldn't put it past her, though!   :laugh:

She's a scary lady. She spent her childhood in Spokane, Washington!   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 12:44:04 pm »
She's a scary lady. She spent her childhood in Spokane, Washington!

:laugh: Are you saying there's a cause and effect there?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 07:42:50 pm »
:laugh: Are you saying there's a cause and effect there?

She has shown me photos of Spokane and it looks like a pretty place. Famous for its cherries and as the birth place of Bing Crosby (if I remember correctly).

With her, though, it's a case of "their gain is our loss"!   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 09:17:37 pm »
Kerry, I laughed out loud when I read your Spokane bit.  I worked with a lady for many years who is from there, and she's one of the biggest bad-asses I've ever known.

No more beans!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 10:58:41 pm »
Kerry, I laughed out loud when I read your Spokane bit.  I worked with a lady for many years who is from there, and she's one of the biggest bad-asses I've ever known.

OMG is that a fact, Barbara?! Must be something in the water!  :o   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 11:19:28 pm »
1. Do you have a low startle point? yes, especially when it has to do with Detroit

2. Are you as bad as Jack is at cooking? No, and Jack actually was a good cook, at least a fine potato parer

3. Ever shot an elk or other animal? No but I have shot a lot of targets in target practice

4. Was your dad right? Yes, sometimes. He was a child of the Depression and taught me to economize and make the best of every situation. He also told me that I could do anything I set my mind to do.

5. Ever drunk whiskey straight out of the bottle? Certainly, it's good "neat."

6. Ever slept on the ground beside a campfire? Yes, on the beach, and I hope to do it again.

7. Ever lived in an apartment above a laundromat (or other retail establishment)? I used to live in an apartment over a florist shop, and I would go "dumpster diving" for flowers after they closed.

8. Are you as good a horseback rider as Lureen -- or can you stay on the horse, anyway? Well, one time a horse took off at a gallop with me on its back, and I stayed on all the way to the barn.

9. Do you know someone named Jack? Yes, my father in law, and he had fishing buddies. Also my friend Jack (brokebackjack).

10. Ever contacted a romantic partner via postcard? No, but once my boyfriend sent a postcard to me telling me how he "missed my sweet a**" and he sent it to the house where I lived with my parents!!

11. Do you ever bring home freshly caught fish? Yes, in the summer, and other times, from the Oriental market.

12. Are you worse than Bobby when it comes to losing stuff? No, I hardly ever lose anything!

13. Ever socialized with the fire-and-brimstone crowd?" Yes, when my children were young, but I tired of it eventually.

14. Would somebody looking around your home comment that you need more furniture? No, no way.

15.. Do you watch TV during dinner? No, not on yr f***ing life!

16. Ever used an electric knife? Um, no, but I have used a chain saw.

17. Did you pledge Tri Delt -- or some other sorority or fraternity? Absolutely not.

18. Do you remember (or know) how it is, being broke all the time? For sure.

19. Did your mother keep your bedroom the way it was when you were a kid? No, certainly not. I hope to do better by my kids.

20. Have you ever scattered someone's ashes? I have scattered my cat's ashes and I stand by to scatter any other friend's ashes that might need it. And I want my ashes to end up on Brokenback Mountain!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 11:35:08 pm »
1. Do you have a low startle point?  Yes, but I like a hightened state of awareness!

2. Are you as bad as Jack is at cooking?  I was never taught how and was scared of it for a long time. But I'm finally getting better! People seem to like my food!

3. Ever shot an elk or other animal?  No.

4. Was your dad right?  Most of the time. (He was a professor; not much for teaching everyday practical stuff, but would talk on and on and on and on about more esoteric shite...)

5. Ever drunk whiskey straight out of the bottle?  Yes — it's the only hard liquor that tastes good by itself, IMO.

6. Ever slept on the ground beside a campfire?  Don't remember. But I'm so entranced by them that I'll sit + stare for several hours straight in a state of total hypnosis.

7. Ever lived in an apartment above a laundromat (or other retail establishment)?  Nope

8. Are you as good a horseback rider as Lureen -- or can you stay on the horse, anyway?  Can stay on — that's about it.

9. Do you know someone named Jack?  My earliest memories involve a man named Jack, another professor + good friend of my parents. He had a great dry wit, & loved my dad's homebrew. I literally remember climbing out of my crib and going to the den where they were sipping it. One time my folks had a backyard party, with the kind of cheese that comes in the red wax. He took some wax, molded it into a tiny doll shape, and gave it to me.

10. Ever contacted a romantic partner via postcard?  Yeah, hopefully those are all thrown out by now! ::) 

11. Do you ever bring home freshly caught fish?  Never been able to catch any! But I LOVE fresh fish!!

12. Are you worse than Bobby when it comes to losing stuff?  Used to be. Gotten better though.

13. Ever socialized with the fire-and-brimstone crowd?  Yeah I used to — a LOT. I lived in the deep south and was like a fire-and-brimstone crowd magnet! (I was like, WTF — is everyone in the world this way?)

14. Would somebody looking around your home comment that you need more furniture?  No

15.. Do you watch TV during dinner?  Try not to. I think it's a bad habit; I like to fully experience food!

16. Ever used an electric knife?  Hell no. ("Clumsy as I am, prolly get electrocuted...")

17. Do you remember (or know) how it is, being broke all the time?  Regrettably, yeah.

18. Did your mother keep your bedroom the way it was when you were a kid?  She did, out of sheer inertia — now it's set up for grandkids!

20. Have you ever scattered someone's ashes?  No. My family basically has no concern whatsoever with remains — they figure if they're dead, they're dead...   :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:24:17 am by LauraGigs »