Author Topic: Introduction new member  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "I wish i knew how to quit you" - Jack Twist
Introduction new member
« on: February 21, 2007, 06:16:21 am »
Hi,
My name is Juliette, I am from Europe, not a native English speaker.
Mid forties, married, two kids, part time working mom.
Working in the Health Care Department.
I first saw Brokeback Mountain on DVD last December, and honestly it hit me hard, haunted since, in a somewhat tragic obsessed way.
Got my family hooked up as well, my husband saw it three times in one month, My oldest son is downloading tracks from BBM radio to please his mummy.
This board thing is new to me, never have been part of one before, I am shy though to express my feelings but nevertheless feel the urge to do so.
So here I am, I'll try to fit in.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introduction new member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:33:08 am »
Well Welcome ta you Juliette!

There's a thead on this forum (called <-- Introduce Yourself -->) that expresses pretty much the same thing you've said, and from people all over the world (I was most touched by Noviani - just 23, an Indonesian young married woman who's posts I love reading, as she's expanded her exploration of the pages a BetterMost) here's the link ta that thread: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,31.0.html

You'll find that there are similarly deeply affected people on this board with whom you'll surely be able ta relate (though you seem ta have yer own support system goin fer ya in yer own family [lucky you])

We all cherish the movie, some of us even a year after first viewing it (I was rereading the story on the bus last night, holdin back the tears!). So as the sayin goes:

Pull up a chair. You'll have a cup of coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?

Again Welcome to our little part a the cyberworld

PS: believe or not, I'd never done any a this kinda internet "living" before Brokeback Mountain, either!

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:17 am »
Hi,
My name is Juliette, I am from Europe, not a native English speaker.
Mid forties, married, two kids, part time working mom.
Working in the Health Care Department.
I first saw Brokeback Mountain on DVD last December, and honestly it hit me hard, haunted since, in a somewhat tragic obsessed way.
Got my family hooked up as well, my husband saw it three times in one month, My oldest son is downloading tracks from BBM radio to please his mummy.
This board thing is new to me, never have been part of one before, I am shy though to express my feelings but nevertheless feel the urge to do so.
So here I am, I'll try to fit in.

Hi Juliette, welcome to Bettermost! I read in an earlier post that you are planning to see the Dutch BBM play too! Would you like to see it with fellow-Brokies? We are planning a get-together, you can find the thread about it on the Social Events forum!

Yet again, welcome and hope you find what you are looking for here on Bettermost!  :)

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:16:45 am »
Hi,
Thank you for welcoming me.
Looks we're living in the same country huh?
I am going to see the play with, believe it or not, my husband.
Get together, Social Events.......Me? I don't know, have to think about that one.
Well, see you around I guess.

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:21:42 am »
Hi,
Thank you for welcoming me.
Looks we're living in the same country huh?
I am going to see the play with, believe it or not, my husband.
Get together, Social Events.......Me? I don't know, have to think about that one.
Well, see you around I guess.

Yes we do! I am so glad your husband is going to come with you! My boyfriend was gonna come, but he got sick at the last minute!  :(

Hope you enjoy the play as much as I did!

Anyway, enjoy Bettermost and.... groetjes!

Offline Juliette59

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:06:34 pm »
A little more introduction, step by step
My fav scene: The beautiful finally CONTENT face of Ennis before he says "I was just sending up a prayer of thanks", He looks so satisfied, boyish, all the stress is wiped from his face.
My fav line from the short story: "One thing never changed, the brilliant charge of their infrequent couplings...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:20:26 am »
Thanks so much for causing us to remember that immortal line and scene, Juliette.

I was just listening to a song about you! It was called Romeo and Juliette.

My daughter's middle name is Giuliana. That's the Italian spelling of Juliana. It means gardener.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:10 am »
   Welcome to Bettermost;  If i missed you when you came in I am truly sorry.. I try to send a small note to all the new members.  However once in a while if two
people come in back to back in quick succession, i may miss one of them..  If i did i am truly sorry/  I sure hope that you are finding all of our features and people here.  I hope you get to
know everyone here, and feel about them the way we all feel about each other.  We are a small and friendly little group..We have lots of great things to learn, and see.  Hope you will ask a mod or an individual if there is a question that you may have..  And of course feel free to
lparticipate in any and all the activities you find here.  From fan fiction to original story telling.  Even to poetry or a blog such as this, to tell people about yourself and your life..  So again
welcome..
    Myself,,,my name is janice. i am a grandmother in my sixties, and dont get out a lot these
days, but that is compensated by the internet and the people i have come to know here.  I hope we can get to be great friends as well.. If you have a chance, and the time and inclination to do so..Come on over to chat sit a spell and visit.  We would love to include you
in our little group of Storytellers and readers...             thanks for listening,,,,janice
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:43:35 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind