Author Topic: ALBANIA!  (Read 2632 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
ALBANIA!
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:00:46 am »
I've just returned from one week in Albania (election observation) and one evening on some Greek channel, guess what? Yeah! They showed BBM!! I had to get up veeeeeery early the next morning so I did not watch the whole movie, but I did allow myself to watch the first half hour ..  ;D .. Also, it was a tiny little tv with crappy image, screwed on in some corner close to the ceiling of the room..  :( It was in English with Greek subtitles and it's too bad, but I thought of it too late - I could have taken pictures with my digital camera during the 2nd tent scene to photograph the subtitles for, you know - the "tis'alright, tis'alright"/"lie down" whispered words - or not, depending on what you think you hear..  ;) Then of course, I would have had to find someone to translate the Greek subtitles. One thing's sure is that 'Jack' (or 'Ennis'?!) says two different things.. at least according to the Greek subtitles.

Funny thing is, for the election observation they always pair you up and my team partner was a 60 year old British guy. The next morning he told me he watched the film, but only the first half hour (I wonder why?  ;D ) because it was on very/too late.. He had seen it before and loved it. He told me he even cried. I told him I never cry in movies and he said but you cried in BBM? I said no..  :-\

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ALBANIA!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:15 pm »
Cool! Thanks for the report! We should have a world map with all of our BBM sitings on it!! Is Albania part of the EU now?

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:41:22 pm »
I'm glad to know that the Greeks and Albanians are hip to BBM!   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:53:34 pm »
Jez, what a difference 20 years can make! That warms my heart, thank you Jude. :)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:41:57 pm »
That's really super cool Jude!!

Thanks so much for telling us about it. I would have loved to see those Greek subtitles. I bet it was really interesting.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:44:46 pm »
I echo the others here, Jude, and add thank you for doing the election observation.  And in Albania, a country that we in America hear almost zero about.  That is so cool.  You are our own Jimmy Carter.  :)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 03:06:36 am »
Hey J.U.D.E.! My compliments to you...
I saw BBM in the U.S., Italy, Canada and France so far but Albania should have been a definitely "different" experience. I guess I'll need to watch it at least in Moldova or Burundi now, to keep up with your viewing... :laugh:
They were two friends of mine