Author Topic: Happy Birthday Br. Patrick!!  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Happy Birthday Br. Patrick!!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 04:12:21 pm »
Without YOU, Lynne,  there wouldn't BE a celebration of my birthday on Bettermost.   Just where is that birthday info stored?  I can't seem to find mine...

hugs ;)
br. patrick

You're sweet to say so!  I'm sorry I wasn't around enough for a proper celebration.  This *work* is really getting in the way of my social life!!  We'll celebrate with a weekend chat, perhaps?  I'll get the whine out.  :D

Your birthday can be found if you click the Profile button (along the top) then the link to Forum Profile Information.  If the field for your birthday is populated, it automatically shows up on the BetterMost calendar!

:D

If that movie was about the years between 1971 and 1978 oh boy....

71-78, eh??  ;D  Now how are we going to make a movie about years we can't remember?!  ::)  ;D

Hugs,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: Happy Birthday Br. Patrick!!
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »
I'm sorry I wasn't around enough for a proper celebration.  This *work* is really getting in the way of my social life!!  We'll celebrate with a weekend chat, perhaps?  I'll get the whine out.  :D

71-78, eh??  ;D  Now how are we going to make a movie about years we can't remember?!  ::)  ;D

Hugs,
Lynne

Like you said I clicked PROFILE on the top of the screen between SEARCH and CALENDAR.    HAPPY ONE YEAR BETTERMOST ANNIVERSARY!!!   As you know we both logged in on March 1st, 2006 about 5 hours apart. DP! (Divine Providence)   If you hadn't told me to look for my profile, I would have forgotten all about our anniversary.   WHAT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT YOU ARE! 

As I remember it you stalked me for days if not weeks, trying to break me out of the Ennis shell that I had been isolating myself in for months and months.   When I finally gave in, you changed my life and introduced me to all of your incredible friends!
Thank you My Dear Girl...
As for the movie, if I think about it, I can remember enough of those times to make me really horny!   It reminds me of what Annie Proulx writes about Ennis' dream in the beginning of the short story:

"If he does not force his attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong."

Double Hugs to ALL  :D
br. patrick
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:05:53 pm by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin