Author Topic: "Jake Gyllenhaal Does Everything Right"  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
"Jake Gyllenhaal Does Everything Right"
« on: March 01, 2007, 01:59:24 pm »
LOL, so I'm procrastinating at work this afternoon and I can't resist posting this link to an article on msnbc.

"Jake Gyllenhaal Does Everything Right"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17300067/

Enjoy!
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: "Jake Gyllenhaal Does Everything Right"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 02:59:09 pm »
Never resist posting an article like that!

thanks  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:48:30 am »
great article  ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:54:36 am »
Yeah, I don't think Jake could ask for better publicity (especially with a title like this article has  :laugh: ). 

I'm not super thrilled with this description of Jake's decision to play Jack- "he’s played gay in that Oscar-baiting cowboy movie"- which appears towards the end. It seems a little dismissive of BBM, but clearly this was all well-intentioned, so no harm done really.

What do you all think of the wacky popularity scale from the article?  I think it's a wierd idea.  Poor Tom Cruise (I say this even though I don't like him at all either)!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 01:12:10 am »
It's interesting that the article decided to highlight this little gossipy bit too (I think this is a quote that a lot of us will be familiar with).

-"Though he’s publicly claimed heterosexuality, he’s said that “it’s flattering when there’s a rumor that says I’m bisexual” and that “I’ve never really been attracted to men sexually, but I don’t think I would be afraid of it if it happened.” Is it any surprise that that kind of a non-denial denial, coupled with his fearlessness in “Brokeback Mountain,” spawns rampant rumors?"

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:27:48 am »
Quote from: atz75
What do you all think of the wacky popularity scale from the article?  I think it's a wierd idea.  Poor Tom Cruise (I say this even though I don't like him at all either)!

What an entertaining article, Amanda. Thanks for posting it!

Far as that popularity scale? After being force-fed way too many questionable statistics at work, I was quite happy to read those very believable numbers about Jake.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 01:31:16 am »
What an entertaining article, Amanda. Thanks for posting it!

Far as that popularity scale? After being force-fed way too many questionable statistics at work, I was quite happy to read those very believable numbers about Jake.

I'm very suspicious of polls and stats in general, too.  Let's see the numbers, demographics and conditions of the poll before I give it any credence.  Plus an article like this ' Isn't it amazing how little people hate him?!?' is just begging for trolls to start all kinds of hate-crap against Jake just because.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 01:08:09 pm »
Yeah, I saw that article this morning.   Jake has been getting alot of got publicitiy. I even posted a link on Cnn.com  under Jake, Jake, Jake, about the transformation of a hearthrob.   And some thought BBM would be his demise... >:(

Jake hasn't done anything for ppl to hate him. He's quite suave.  I don't know if ppl hate Ben Affleck or if ppl lost respect for him and Tom Cruise for well publicized events. 

Yes, sexual orientation is the thing to gossip about it seems.  A number of actors seem to have go thru that media phase.  I remember Leo D sexual orientation being a hot topic for some time, after he did Titanic.   I think ppl just get tired of talking about it and move on to another actor. 

I'm sure Jake is thick skinned as you have to be to be in that industry. THe critics can savage you, your the target of photographers, ppl post all kinds of things about you on IMDB.com or various blogs.