Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 392986 times)

injest

Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2007, 06:08:59 am »
It just amazes me how quickly things have bloomed there! It seems like last week it was snowing! LOL!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2007, 06:10:38 am »
you mean they turn red as they age or that the others come out as red now?

(that flox looks so fragile!)

I mean that they are not naturally dual toned and they revert to their natural (dominant?) colour after a few years. That's what happened to the white tulip I posted earlier - paid big bucks fer "blueberry-cream", and a few years later, they turn all white (these orange/red were pretty cheap though) I had 'bout 10 of em last year - the orange/red ones ... this year, just one ... and lotsa reds.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2007, 06:13:22 am »
I mean that they are not naturally dual toned and they revert to their natural (dominant?) colour after a few years. That's what happened to the white tulip I posted earlier - paid big bucks fer "blueberry-cream", and a few years later, they turn all white (these orange/red were pretty cheap though) I had 'bout 10 of em last year - the orange/red ones ... this year, just one ... and lotsa reds.

huh! learned something new this morning...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2007, 07:07:21 pm »
Most of the other tulips are already passed their prime, but there are still a few pink ones openin up here & there. The main flowerbed's near-black tulips are really disappointing this year, and it seems there are lots a tulip plants in that bed that have not produced flowers this year  :-\

Still, the new flowerbed (north side) are showing off their near-black tulips nicely - though I think the size of these flowerheads still has some growin left in em.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2007, 08:04:56 am »
When I posted a pic a this earlier, they were just startin out. Like I said I got these phlox growin in 3 parts of the front yard - two dif'rent colours (pink & sorta blue) but the camera doesn't seem ta differ.  Here's another look at that first patch - from a dif'rent angle

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 09:13:12 pm by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2007, 07:42:00 pm »
Here's a dif'rent patch of phlox on the north side of the yard (near my driveway). Bryan confirms that he sees a dif'rent colour, even in the photos, so here they are.

P.S., he thinks I'm doin a pretty decent job with these pics too!  :D

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 09:12:23 pm by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2007, 09:14:02 pm »
OOO!! I LIKE the pink flox best!!!

(Hi Bryan!!  :-* :-* )

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2007, 06:13:20 pm »
In my jungle (much shade, north side a the front stoop) got me a couple a pink bleedin hearts - May be a little too early ta take a pic a this one, and couda maybe taken a closer pic (like I did on the {yet to come} white bleeding heart) but I'm learnin!

injest

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2007, 06:18:30 pm »
very nice! (I like the leaves in that picture)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2007, 06:02:30 am »
Better picture a the white bleeding hearts (then yesterday's pink one) - cause it's a close up. Plant's hardly at it's most explosive yet! Yet another one a the 'jungle bed' plant next to the stoop.