Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 391324 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:01 pm »
Well Jess is on early tonight & I've got to give the poor girl a first crack at the next picture guess (should I post a daisy?)

Nice to hear from you doug - help yourself to a guess or two ...

Tonight quiz:

Name that Plant 3rd 4th edition. :)

P.S. there are many, not just one - want you ta name the yellow flowerplant (location: in my jungle)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:01:40 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2007, 10:25:23 pm »
Well Jess is on early tonight & I've got to give the poor girl a first crack at the next picture guess (should I post a daisy?)

Nice to hear from you doug - help yourself to a guess or two ...

Tonight quiz:

Name that Plant 3rd 4th edition. :)

P.S. there are many, not just one - want you ta name the yellow flowerplant (location: in my jungle)
I see a fern, Bleeding heart, and the yellow looks like some type of Impatient.
Am I close? Oh are those hostas?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2007, 10:28:29 pm »
Not impatients or hostas - am askin about those yellow flowers though

Guess I could always post the next picture now - close-up of the flower, cause the first one's not very clear.

Name that Plant  4th edition. :)

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2007, 12:22:17 am »
I'm stumped. It's really pretty though!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2007, 05:05:29 am »
It's not a herb, not a perenial plant, just a pretty annual flower - and bright!

It reseeds itself ev'ry year, and not necessarily in the same spot. Seems to be more a em each year and I'm not even sure if we actually bought this plant originally ... seed might have been blown in by the wind, or bird droppings.

Helps ta get the name a this plant if yer British, I guess. (that's my hint fer this mornin.)

Name that Plant  4th edition. :)

Now if someone doesn't get the name a this plant soon, I'm gonna hafta go out there & take more pictures of em - they're in at least 3 spots in the front yard (& NO Garry  >:( these pics are not off the net - they're from my yard!!!)

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2007, 06:21:09 am »
Roland, What is a hostas?  You seem to have a lot of plants we don't have here.  Which doesn't help when I'm trying to guess what yours are.  :-\

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2007, 06:27:28 am »
Hostas are shade loving, humididy loving leaffy plants. I've only got 3 varieties all of em really small (3 - 6 inches wide) but the really pretty ones are significantly larger. I often see em 2 or 3 feet across, and they do make flowers too. I'll go take a picture a my neighbour's - be back within 15 minutes ...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2007, 06:39:40 am »
This one's my neighbour's - the larger leaves are over a foot long (got the truck in the picture to help with dimensions)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2007, 06:46:24 am »
The neighbour's are yer average size - they can be larger... but mine are miniature in comparison (not sure if they're just young or a dif'rent variery, but here goes ...)

This first one's grown a lot since last year - at least 6 inches for the largest leaf:

The next has also grown from last year - maybe 4 or 5 inches (and we're still very early in the season, I think)

These last ones are only about 3 inches long (but I've got more'n 2 dozen a em)

I think the shape of the leaves, and the lines in the leaves are what defines em.

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2007, 07:19:14 am »
I don't recognise them at all R olnd.  Maybe they're a plant that needs a much cooler climate in winter than what we have here.