Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388804 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #400 on: June 23, 2007, 10:51:49 pm »
No!

This is a very dif'rent plant - Don't think it's a herb, but it's refered to as a 'herbacious flowering plant' in the description I found when I googled it.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2007, 11:03:27 pm »
Nicotiania??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2007, 03:01:16 am »
Nicotiania??

Never heard a that ... So I googled it to make sure I wasn't wrong in saying ...

NO! Sorry, Try again  ;)

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2007, 04:11:12 am »
Here's another view of the shoe-fly (without the bonus fly, this time) showing a concentration (4 flowers - wow!) a flowers.

It's not a very showy plant, but it does well in dry dirt - house has an awning, and if I don't water that area, plants don't survive ... perfect for cactus &, apparently, shoe-fly

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2007, 02:19:14 pm »
Here's a picture of my delphiniums. Sits in the back yard in a shady spot between the hostas and a huge daylilly. Frequently needs to be tied up. Not yet the best picture of these, though I've taken em on at least 3 seperate occasions.

Joyeuse Saint Jean-Baptiste!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2007, 10:59:23 pm »
Jess wanted to see the work in progress - well, a day late & a dollar short, but, I planted the iris in the refurbished bed tonight (ends up they were blue iris, not yellow - when ya look at the pics I took earlier.)

In this bed, making a return appearance are the bee baum, the ornamental sage and one variety of sedum. Added two other plants as well. Still room for some yellow iris, and some low annuals (I think).

PS: plants really don't like being moved - the ones I moved yesterday look even worse taday!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2007, 11:02:06 pm »
And here's the hole from which over 60 blue iris were removed. The other 50+ plants were also put in the ground this evening - in the back yard, against the fence. - Photo to follow!

injest

« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2007, 11:03:47 pm »
Cool! now in a while we can see the 'after' picture! Thanks for sharing even if you dont think they look good right now..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2007, 11:05:17 pm »
And here's a view of the stretch a dirt Bryan prepared yesterday to welcome these many extra iris. Misjudged how much space there was. I was planting em in circular groups of 5 (like the magazine suggested) only to left with more than 10 for the last circle! Good thing they were (mostly) smaller roots.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #409 on: June 25, 2007, 04:09:36 am »
Each year, Bryan gives me a new lilly. This year it's a beaut! Real tall, it will, when mature, contain as many as 30 (!!!) blooms - usually 10 blooms is great! And look at it! I mean, just LOOK at it! - So elegant! - And wait till you see the detail in the close-up of this flower!