BetterMost Community Blogs > Ifyoucantfixit's Blog

The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup...

(1/10) > >>

ifyoucantfixit:

The Army in Iraq are putting undue pressure on the soldiers there to sign up for another
tour.  They are in a war zone, and afraid of being overtly defiant, for fear of getting placed on the most dangerous missions, and having their dates for departure lengthened, because of
some minor infractions.  My granddaughters husband is now undergoing this very problem.
He is being constantly harranged by his superior officers to get his reenlistment.  He has
told them repeatedly over and over, that he isnt interested.  He wife is against it and there
is no way its going to happen..
    Now they are starting to belittle him, and call him coward and pussy etc.  because of his refusal to bow to their heretofor unsuccessful attempts.. He is afraid to say more for fear
of the retaliation.. So now they are threatening to contact his wife, and so forth...she has
told him to tell them to go ahead and tell them to do so...But that is not the issue, to me
     The real issue is the fact that he is in a dangerous and life threatening situation already.
And now he cant even feel that his officers and superiors have even got his best interests at
heart..          I dont know how the rest of you may feel, but I find this is appalling.  The
military in this country along with our commander in chief are now very quickly losing all the
 gravitas  ive ever given them.

Lumière:
Hey J.

I don't think I had too much respect for the 'Commander in chief' to begin with, mainly because he's never had the best interest of the country or the men and women who serve at heart.

Sorry to hear that your grand daughter's husband is getting harrassed like that. :-\
Appalling? Certainly is.

injest:
Janice I wish that there was some way to make Bush pay for the things he is doing. He is going to retire in comfort while our kids pay for his mistakes...

I am so sorry to hear that about your grandson-in-law...and they claim that there is no back door draft!

Toast:
It's so sad to read about this young man being scared into signing up for more dangerous missions in Iraq.

I am from Canada.

I have also been saddened by the news about how the military hospitals are treating your injured/damaged veterans.  Many patriotic groups wave the flag in support of the war.  But where are they when the soldiers need respect and support as individual humans at home or overseas.

I think you are right in saying that you "gave gravitas" to the Commander in Chief.  He and the military situation should have earned your gravitas, not received it for free. 

These young men deserve to be individually supported and respected.   And if their rights and freedoms conflict with the President's war, then let your young men prevail.

I wish your grandson-in-law the best.  And all his brother soldiers in Iraq, as well as the Canadians in Afghanistan - where their work has become too combatitive.

Sheriff Roland:
Jeezzz,I didn't know what ta say - bein Canadian, but 2 of yer other respondents are Canadians as well, so ...

I'm at a loss as to what ta say, really. Except, I feel fer ya. {{{janice}}}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version