Author Topic: I met JASON ISAACS!  (Read 16735 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I met JASON ISAACS!
« on: March 12, 2007, 01:07:02 pm »
I went to London last Saturday (10th March) and saw the play 'The Dumb Waiter' – brilliant! I went to the afternoon play. I didn't have the best of seat (far up), but I could see and hear well. It's funny, because when they let you inside and you are looking for your seat, Jason Isaacs and Lee Evans (part of the play) are already on stage in full view of everyone entering the room. On the half-lit stage, they are lying both on a bed. One is reading, the other sleeping. Then they have to wait for everyone to be seated, before than can start.

After the play I asked at the reception if there was a possibility to get an autograph and they said yes, that it was very likely. I should just go around to the back of the theatre to the stage door. I did. There were 6 people waiting, but 3 left before anyone got out of the stage door. Another person arrived to have a poster signed for a friend. She works in one of the Museums in the neighbourhood and had come to the stage door on another occastion to get an autograph. She told us that Jason Isaacs does come out to go jogging, before coming back for the evening performance. And he did! He was in jogging gear, coming out of the door rather quickly with headphones and talking on the phone. When he saw us he stopped immediately, but finished his call first. I didn't listen, but on the basis of the tone of his voice, I think it was work-related, rather than a private call.

While he signed the poster of the museum lady, I took pictures. Then I asked if I could have an autograph and take a picture with him and me. I'm always a nervous wreck, when I do that, don't know why and I was - shivering like a leaf, stupid, really. He must have noticed that when putting his arm on my shoulder.. Actually, it's the first time I ask for a picture of the actor together wit me. Usually [groupie here..] I only ask for an autograph and take a picture.

My digital camera is very quiet and doesn't need flash often, so after the museum lady took the picture of Jason and me, he wanted to see if it had worked. It had worked and I showed it to him!  ;D

Anyway, he was really really nice and took all his time to answer questions (I asked him about 'The State Within') and signing. He even had a special pen for autographs. Funny was that he repeatedly asked us not to put the pictures we took on the internet! He was worried, because he thought he didn't look good in track suits.. Sorry Jason, but you look hot in anything! But I will respect his wish and not put my pictures on the net.

Then he took off jogging, crossing Trafalgar Square, mingling with the crowd..

Very nice guy! Aaaah! I’m glad I had the guts to talk to him!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I met JASON ISAACS!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »
OK<  I'll ask first then.

Who is Jason Isaacs?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 03:00:54 pm »
OK<  I'll ask first then.

Who is Jason Isaacs?

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yes, who is he?

And will you show Leslie and I the picture when we meet on wednesday in Brussels?

:)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 05:33:32 pm »
Excellent character actor famous for portraying villians.  Most recently seen in the BBC mini series "The State Within" .He is reputed to be a really lovely person in spite of the fact that the camera loves him in such a sinister way, married to the same woman for 19 years and has 2 children....it's said the kids on the Harry Potter set adore him.

As Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter

In the Patriot with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger

As Captain Hook in Peter Pan

and as himself

Filmography

Man with the Football (2008) (announced)
Good (2008) (pre-production) .... Maurice
Shamrock Boy (2007) (pre-production) (attached) .... Joe Biddle
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (post-production) .... Lucius Malfoy

"The State Within" (2006) (mini) TV Series .... Sir Mark Brydon
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" .... Zhao (4 episodes, 2005-2006)
    - Tales of Ba Sing Se (2006) TV Episode .... Zhao
    - Zuko Alone (2006) TV Episode .... Zhao
    - Avatar Day (2006) TV Episode .... Zhao
    - The Deserter (2005) TV Episode .... Zhao
"Brotherhood" .... Michael Caffee (11 episodes, 2006)
    - Matthew 22:10 (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Caffee
    - Vivekchaudamani: 51 (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Caffee
    - Ecclesiastes 7:2 (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Caffee
    - Job 31:5-6 (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Caffee
    - Genesis 27:39 (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Caffee
      (6 more)
Scars (2006/I) (TV) .... Chris
Friends with Money (2006) .... David
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) .... Lucius Malfoy
... aka Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version)
Spartan: Total Warrior (2005) (VG) (voice) .... Sejanus
Tennis, Anyone...? (2005) .... Johnnie Green
The Chumscrubber (2005) .... Mr. Parker
Nine Lives (2005) .... Damian
Elektra (2005) (uncredited) .... DeMarco
Nouvelle-France (2004) .... Général James Wolfe
... aka Battle of the Brave (USA: new title)
... aka New France (International: English title)
"The West Wing" .... Colin Ayres (3 episodes, 2004)
    - N.S.F. Thurmont (2004) TV Episode .... Colin Ayres
    - Memorial Day (2004) TV Episode .... Colin Ayres
    - Gaza (2004) TV Episode .... Colin Ayres
Future Tactics: The Uprising (2004) (VG) (voice)
Peter Pan (2003) .... Mr. Darling/Captain Hook
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) .... Lucius Malfoy
... aka Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens (Germany)
The Tuxedo (2002) .... Clark Devlin
High Times Potluck (2002) .... Arneau
Passionada (2002) .... Charles Beck
Windtalkers (2002) .... Major Mellitz
Resident Evil (2002) (uncredited) .... Dr. William Birkin/Narrator
... aka Resident Evil (France) (Germany)
Reign of Fire (2002) (VG) (voice)
Black Hawk Down (2001) .... Steele
Hotel (2001) .... Australian Actor
The Last Minute (2001) .... Dave 'Percy' Sledge
The Tag (2001) .... Robert
Sweet November (2001) .... Chaz Watley
The Sight (2000) (TV) (uncredited) .... Ghost
The Patriot (2000) .... Col. William Tavington
... aka Patriot, Der (Germany)

The End of the Affair (1999) .... Father Richard Smythe
Soldier (1998/I) .... Mekum
St. Ives (1998) .... Alain de Keroual de Saint-Yves
... aka All for Love (UK: TV title)
Divorcing Jack (1998) .... Cow Pat Keegan
Armageddon (1998/I) .... Dr. Ronald Quincy, Research
"The Last Don II" (1998) (mini) TV Series .... Father Luca Tonarini
... aka Mario Puzo's The Last Don II (USA: complete title)
Spice World (1997) (scenes deleted)
The Fix (1997) (TV) .... Tony Kay
Event Horizon (1997) .... D.J.
Dragonheart (1996) .... Lord Felton
Burn Your Phone (1996) .... The Killer
Guardians (1996) .... Jim Reed
Loved Up (1995) (TV) .... Dez 2
"Boon" .... Mike Puckett (1 episode, 1995)
    - Thieves Like Us (1995) TV Episode .... Mike Puckett
Solitaire for 2 (1995) .... Harry
A Relative Stranger (1995) (TV) .... Peter Fraiman
Dangerous Lady (1995) .... Michael Ryan
Shopping (1994) .... Market Trader
Beneath a Steel Sky (1994) (VG) (voice)
"Highlander" .... Zachary Blaine (2 episodes, 1993)
... aka Highlander (France)
... aka Highlander: The Series
    - The Return of Amanda (1993) TV Episode .... Zachary Blaine
    - The Lady and the Tiger (1993) TV Episode .... Zachary Blaine
"Inspector Morse" .... Dr. Desmond Collier (1 episode, 1992)
    - Cherubim and Seraphim (1992) TV Episode .... Dr. Desmond Collier
"Taggart" .... Barr (1 episode, 1992)
    - Double Exposure (1992) TV Episode .... Barr
Civvies (1992) (TV) .... Frank Dillon
"Ashenden" (1991) (mini) TV Series .... Andrew Lehman
Eye Contact (1991) (TV) .... Michael
Aruslân senki (1991) (voice: English version) .... Lajendra
... aka The Heroic Legend of Arislan (USA)
"TECX" .... Edward Latham (1 episode, 1990)
    - Fall from Grace (1990) TV Episode .... Edward Latham

"Capital City" (1989) TV Series .... Chas Ewell (unknown episodes)
The Tall Guy (1989) .... Doctor #2
"This Is David Lander" .... Dr. Guy Chadbot (1 episode, 1988)
    - A Growing Crisis (1988) TV Episode .... Dr. Guy Chadbot

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:26:41 pm »
I looooooooooove Jason Isaacs.  First noticed him in the movie 'Event Horizon' and have been seeing him everywhere ever since.  The movie 'Event Horizon' has a sentimental spot in my heart in that it was the first movie I ever saw where I decided I would have no problem screwing every man in the cast.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:04:07 am »
David! You disappoint me!   ;D

Delalluvia! You shock me!   :o

Dot! You are fabulous!  :-*

He is adooorable! Gorgeous! I've been getting autographs of other actors after a play (Joseph Fiennes, Kevin Spacey, Ben Daniels, Willem Dafoe etc.) but he was the nicest and cutest and aaaah! Aaadorable! But the conditions were right too. It was sunny. It was a quiet little back street, where we were waiting. I was on my own, because usually I go with a friend, but she just HATES waiting for some actor she doesn't know and seeing her face and her attitude, it takes away of the moment.. I missed out on getting an autograph, picture and smile.. from Aidan Gillen and Ibrahim Ferrer (Buena Vista Social Club - now he's dead..), because she made it clear she would be upset, if she had to wait in the cold at night...  :(

I've seen Jason Isaacs for the first time waaaay back in "Capital City"! His blue eyes sparkled through the screen! And I was blown away by his performance in "Dangerous Lady" - quite sexy and very gay!  :P You don't see much of him in "Burn Your Phone", but it's excellent! And he has been in a play ("Angels in America") which I haven't seen.. about 10-12 years ago, where he plays gay (again) and is in a relationship with Daniel Craig - my chouchou of the moment! I've got a picture, but can't post it right now. Will post later.

And yes, he was recently in "The State Within" with excellent and very sexy co-star Ben Daniels. Brilliant series! There won't be more of it, sadly. I've asked Jason.

Fabienne! YES! I still have it on my digital camera and you WILL see it!   :laugh:

In the play "The Dumb Waiter" -

j. U. d. E. - I'm no good at keeping threads alive, not even my own.. so, apologies for that in advance..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:27:21 am by j. U. d. E. »

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:23:14 am »

Dot! You are fabulous!  :-*

Aw shucks honey it weren't nothin  ::)

I also adore Jason Issacs.  One of my favorite films with him is a lovely little Indie, a romantic comedy (long on the romance and short on the comedy) called Passionada in which he plays a luckless card sharp.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:24:05 pm »
Hi, j.u.d.e., Dot, David and Del!  Well, this has been an eye-opener! (Del, you naughty girl after my own heart  ;D)  I sheepishly admit I didn't recognize the name Jason Isaacs  ??? but after reading that lengthy filmography I realize I've seen him many times, just didn't know his name.  I'm most excited by Dot's post regarding 'Passionada'.  Dot, I have my own copy of that, have had it for maybe two years and have never watched it.  After reading Dot's words, 'lovely' and 'favorite', and after seeing the pictures of Jason, I think I'll be watching it soon.   I specifically bought the DVD because the actress, Marion Eaton, is in it, and it was directed by Dan Ireland.  Dan's a friend, and Marion and I have appeared in several films together-- but that was back in the olden days.  I wanted to see what films she had done more recently, so...bought this one, but never got around to watching it.  Now, I'm eager to see Jason, as well!  Ooo... I think this means there are TWO degrees of separation...  Me/Marion (and/or Dan) then Marion/Jason.  Right?  (Okay, okay, but...he does look like a cutie and j.u.d.e. says he's nice   ;) )  I just now went to locate the DVD, so scanned it--  another view of Jason!

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:12:23 pm »
Hi, j.u.d.e., Dot, David and Del!  Well, this has been an eye-opener! (Del, you naughty girl after my own heart  ;D)  I sheepishly admit I didn't recognize the name Jason Isaacs  ??? but after reading that lengthy filmography I realize I've seen him many times, just didn't know his name.  I'm most excited by Dot's post regarding 'Passionada'.  Dot, I have my own copy of that, have had it for maybe two years and have never watched it.  After reading Dot's words, 'lovely' and 'favorite', and after seeing the pictures of Jason, I think I'll be watching it soon.   I specifically bought the DVD because the actress, Marion Eaton, is in it, and it was directed by Dan Ireland.  Dan's a friend, and Marion and I have appeared in several films together-- but that was back in the olden days.  I wanted to see what films she had done more recently, so...bought this one, but never got around to watching it.  Now, I'm eager to see Jason, as well!  Ooo... I think this means there are TWO degrees of separation...  Me/Marion (and/or Dan) then Marion/Jason.  Right?  (Okay, okay, but...he does look like a cutie and j.u.d.e. says he's nice   ;) )  I just now went to locate the DVD, so scanned it--  another view of Jason!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Sacha1007.  I just love it, also stars a very young Emmy Rossum as the teenage daughter playing matchmaker.  Really lovely film.

Another role folks might remember but might have not noticed him is in Sweet November with Charleze Theron and Keanu Reeves.  He plays a pivotal role as Chaz Whatley, best friend and gay next-door neighbour and Cherry, drag queen.    ;D  He is wonderful.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 01:28:44 am »
Oh and since you've met him j.u.d.e. I thought you might enjoy these quote from some of his interviews:

On being an 'invisible star' who can travel by the Tube to film premieres unrecognized: "They just think, who's that twit in black tie? As soon as I get on the red carpet they start screaming and screaming. It's laughable because when it's all over I go home on the Tube as well."[7]

On being rich and famous: "I imagine like most of us that I'd like obscene amounts of money but the people I met and worked with who have those obscene amounts of money and have obscene amounts of fame have awful lives. Really. I mean hideously compromised lives. And I can go anywhere. No one knows who I am. I can go on the tube and bus and wander through the streets. So I'm quite happy not to get the girl."

moremojo

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 10:40:42 am »
 I specifically bought the DVD because the actress, Marion Eaton, is in it, and it was directed by Dan Ireland.  Dan's a friend, and Marion and I have appeared in several films together-- but that was back in the olden days.  I wanted to see what films she had done more recently, so...bought this one, but never got around to watching it. 
Melinda, I heard from a certain source that the footage involving Marion was cut from the final edit of Passionada. I hope that doesn't prove to be true; when you watch it, you'll have to let us know. (Incidentally, guys, I think Marion is one of the greatest actresses in cinema history).

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 07:48:34 pm »
I haven't seen 'Passionada' yet! And I haven't seen 'Sweet November either! I was in the States when it aired there, but I had no time to go to the movies... I think I will rent it. And 'Money With Friends' too!

Oh and since you've met him j.u.d.e. I thought you might enjoy these quote from some of his interviews:

On being an 'invisible star' who can travel by the Tube to film premieres unrecognized: "They just think, who's that twit in black tie? As soon as I get on the red carpet they start screaming and screaming. It's laughable because when it's all over I go home on the Tube as well."[7]

On being rich and famous: "I imagine like most of us that I'd like obscene amounts of money but the people I met and worked with who have those obscene amounts of money and have obscene amounts of fame have awful lives. Really. I mean hideously compromised lives. And I can go anywhere. No one knows who I am. I can go on the tube and bus and wander through the streets. So I'm quite happy not to get the girl."

Dot, I love it! It seems so true! I like the idea that one might sit next to Jason Isaacs in the Tube, without even noticing it..  ;D

What does he mean by "I'm quite happy not to get the girl"? ..  ???

j. U. d. E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:51:37 pm »
And he has been in a play ("Angels in America") which I haven't seen.. about 10-12 years ago, where he plays gay (again) and is in a relationship with Daniel Craig - my chouchou of the moment! I've got a picture, but can't post it right now. Will post later. j. U. d. E.

Here it is!

- Jason Isaacs and Daniel Craig in the play "Angels in America"

j. U. d. E.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 02:42:02 am »
I haven't seen 'Passionada' yet! And I haven't seen 'Sweet November either! I was in the States when it aired there, but I had no time to go to the movies... I think I will rent it. And 'Money With Friends' too!

Dot, I love it! It seems so true! I like the idea that one might sit next to Jason Isaacs in the Tube, without even noticing it..  ;D

What does he mean by "I'm quite happy not to get the girl"? ..  ???

j. U. d. E.

I think he's talking about the fact that he seldom plays the romantic lead, he is a character actor he plays the villians or the quirky best friends or the over the top characters....and he does it so well  ::) for a man I actually think is quite sexy in his own right.  Anyone who disagrees needs to watch Passionada  :P or see this Hugo Boss layout

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 05:07:50 pm »

for a man I actually think is quite sexy in his own right.  Anyone who disagrees needs to watch Passionada  :P or see this Hugo Boss layout

I don't disagree, that's a great picture!  8)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 07:15:00 am »
Melinda, I heard from a certain source that the footage involving Marion was cut from the final edit of Passionada. I hope that doesn't prove to be true; when you watch it, you'll have to let us know.

Scott, you were absolutely right! I have not watched Passionada yet, but I did speak with Marion on the evening oif her birthday and she confirmed what you said---  cutting room floor!  That will not deter me from watching it, especially since our friends here on this thread have pointed out the Joys of Jason!

(side note to Scott--  AND I realize now that Jason also plays a neighbor in Sweet November, which I was going to make a point of watching because Tom Bullock plays a neighbor in that, too!  Crazy coincidence?  ::))
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 11:59:25 am »
Watched Sweet November last night.  I had forgotten how cute Jason was in this film.  Definitely worth a repeat viewing if you catch it on the tube again sometime or even a video if your looking for a little angst and romance.  Charlese Theron is as always lovely throughout...Keanu is Keanu.