Author Topic: Production Mistakes I think they Made on the Movie  (Read 163510 times)

injest

Re: Production Mistakes I think they Made on the Movie
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 06:41:26 pm »
Ross you do have a good point. The stairwell ESPECIALLY was just ridiculous...it really did look (to me) as if they had just found this ol house and decided to use it as is.

I lived out in the country in houses that were so old they didn't even have inside toilets that didn't look that bad..and I was born in the sixties.

the cross though would have been normal for a pentecostal home...just surprised to see nothing else in the house...way too bare

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 07:11:03 pm »
Ross you do have a good point. The stairwell ESPECIALLY was just ridiculous...it really did look (to me) as if they had just found this ol house and decided to use it as is.

Really?  ???

I lived out in the country in houses that were so old they didn't even have inside toilets that didn't look that bad..and I was born in the sixties.

You have a two-holer like my grandparents' place, Jess?  ;D  (And they lived in town!  :laugh: )

the cross though would have been normal for a pentecostal home...just surprised to see nothing else in the house...way too bare

Thanks for that 'bout the cross, little darlin'. I'm not really familiar with that tradition--thought perhaps something with a cross was too "Catholic." My mother was raised in a small denomination that eventually became part of the United Methodist Church. My grandparents had stuff like inexpensive, kitschy reproductions of "The Last Supper," but no crosses.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:13:42 pm »

Yes indeed,  The concept/look they used looks very contrived and looks like a set and not realistic like someones home would remotely look like in the early 1980s, thats what bugs me really.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:37:00 pm by RossInIllinois »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 07:16:34 pm »
Well, backing away from the Twist house for a moment, I'll mention something else that I consider a production mistake.

I've said this before, elsewhere. It only makes a difference to a train lover like me  ;D , but that freight train that passes Ennis while he's waiting outside Joe Aguirre's office, and that we then see move off into the distance as Jack's pickup approaches, should have had a caboose on the end of it. In the U.S. in 1963, freight trains still had cabooses.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 08:00:18 pm »
Well, backing away from the Twist house for a moment, I'll mention something else that I consider a production mistake.

I've said this before, elsewhere. It only makes a difference to a train lover like me  ;D , but that freight train that passes Ennis while he's waiting outside Joe Aguirre's office, and that we then see move off into the distance as Jack's pickup approaches, should have had a caboose on the end of it. In the U.S. in 1963, freight trains still had cabooses.

You're right, In fact,  I think I read that someplace else Jeff. There are quite a few errors in the movie but I think all movies have errors, don't they?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:32 pm »
Also to me the train they showed looked like only 3 or four cars long vs the one they filmed through to the lot.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 09:51:42 pm »
Also to me the train they showed looked like only 3 or four cars long vs the one they filmed through to the lot.

Could be. I've never really been able to get a "fix" on the length of the train as it moves off into the distance.

injest

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31:18 pm »
Really?  ???

You have a two-holer like my grandparents' place, Jess?  ;D  (And they lived in town!  :laugh: )

Thanks for that 'bout the cross, little darlin'. I'm not really familiar with that tradition--thought perhaps something with a cross was too "Catholic." My mother was raised in a small denomination that eventually became part of the United Methodist Church. My grandparents had stuff like inexpensive, kitschy reproductions of "The Last Supper," but no crosses.

Dang, your folks was fancy!! no, we just had a one hole...litty bitty ol dark scary place...

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 12:25:13 am »
Yes indeed most movies have some type of continunity errors.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 09:44:41 am »
Dang, your folks was fancy!! no, we just had a one hole...litty bitty ol dark scary place...

Full of spiders and bees, I'll bet?

That was just my grandparents' place. We had indoor plumbing!  ;D