Author Topic: Merrie Melodies or just gay 'toons?  (Read 17715 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Merrie Melodies or just gay 'toons?
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:51:10 am »

by Leora Broydo
Posted Feb 16 in Mother Jones

Thank God the Rev. Jerry Falwell has stepped in to clean up children's television. Last week he outed Tinky Winky, from that perverted show the"Teletubbies," because, Falwell pronounced, the character is clearly a fount of gayness: He's purple, the gay color; he has an antenna shaped like a triangle, the gay symbol; and he carries a purse, something all gay people do.

But Falwell's work is far from over. You see, kiddy TV is downright rife with gayety. Heck, Toon Town is like one big circuit party and has been for years.

*** Fred Flintstone
Evidence: His nickname on the Bedrock bowling team: "Twinkle-toes Flintstone." The show's theme song ends "...we'll have a gay old time!"  Wears an orange dress with little triangles on it. Hangs out with Barney far more than Wilma.

*** Bugs Bunny
Evidence: Often stands with hand on hip. Plays a hairdresser in one episode.  Frequently dresses in drag. Loves to throw on a top hat and tails and belt out Broadway show-tunes with his buddy Daffy -- who, it's worth noting, has a lisp.
[King Daevid notes: Ms. Broydo omits Bugs' history of kissing Elmer Fudd on the lips; Roger Rabbit is also seen kissing Eddie Valiant in WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?]

*** Velma (of Scooby Doo)
Evidence: Always tries to sit next to Daphne in the Mystery Machine.  Sports that butch haircut. Has broad shoulders and wears thick turtleneck-sweaters and knee socks. Never once shagged Shaggy.

*** Popeye
Evidence: Eats lots of salad. Wears a sailor suit, even though he hasn't been on a ship in years. Does little sailor-dances. Dates a flat-chested transvestite named Olive Oyl. Best friend named Wimpy.

*** Batman and Robin
Evidence: Robin's nickname: Boy Wonder. Batman's real name: Bruce. Both wear tights. They're in great shape. They like to show each other their "grappling hooks."

*** Peppermint Patty
Evidence: Has a deep, gravelly voice. Wears pants, not dresses like the other Peanuts gals. Plays a mean game of football. Likes to taunt Charlie Brown. Always hanging out with that androgynous Marcie. Wears comfortable shoes.

Nickname: Sir.

*** The Pink Panther
'Nuff said

Can you all come up with any other's   ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Merrie Melodies or just gay 'toons?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:42:59 am »

Sylvester the cat has a very pronounced lisp and is obsessed with a bright yellow, male tweetie bird!   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:41:14 am »
What about the Smurfs?   Over 200 tiny blue males living together in a forest filled with polka-dotted mushrooms, with only one female between them who appears to be a sexless mother/sister/best friend figure and she was created by the evil wizard Gargamel.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:43:40 am »

The Rugrats have come under fire from the so called religious Right as well. It was claimed that the use of the surname Pickles for the main family is a reference to the male genitalia. Angelica, the eldest Rugrat, has been criticised for her S&M behaviour, as she physically and verbally abuses the babies. And Betty, Phil and Lil's mother, has been “outed'‘ due to the fact that she wears a bandana, hangs out with feminine women, shouts a lot and loves sport.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:52:48 am by dot-matrix »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:48:13 am »
I always thought Peter Pan was a sister. But he's not "Merry Melodies" is he? Besides we already discussed that.

Sylvester is DEFINATELY gay, Kerry! I gotta agree with ya!  :D

And the Smurfs? Yup! I dressed up as a Smurf on Halloween 1982 and I won 1st place at the 21 Club for "Best Costume".

The Smurfs? Definately gay, Dottie!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:09:57 am »
I always thought Peter Pan was a sister. But he's not "Merry Melodies" is he? Besides we already discussed that.

Sylvester is DEFINATELY gay, Kerry! I gotta agree with ya!  :D

And the Smurfs? Yup! I dressed up as a Smurf on Halloween 1982 and I won 1st place at the 21 Club for "Best Costume".

The Smurfs? Definately gay, Dottie!  :D

I agree that Peter Pan is definitely gay. Though not originally a cartoon character, Walt Disney turned him into one. He's certainly androgynous, to say the very least, and was played by women in his early stage manifestations.

The skin-tight, green leotard and the jaunty little cap, not to mention the fact that he can fly, are dead give-aways! And he hangs-out with his gang called the Lost Boys!

Peter Pan's constant companion is a sassy, hyperactive little fairy called Tinkerbell!

I rest my case!!!   :laugh:   

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:12:47 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:16:20 am »
Wyle E. Coyote always seemed gay to me, to tell you the truth. He is way too obsessed with the roadrunner.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:26:36 am »
Wyle E. Coyote always seemed gay to me, to tell you the truth. He is way too obsessed with the roadrunner.

I never believed for a moment that Wile E. Coyote wanted to catch the Road Runner just to eat him (not with a knife and fork anyway!)  :laugh:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:11:19 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 04:44:23 pm »
All right:  Chip 'n' Dale.  'Nuff said.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 02:50:21 pm by southendmd »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 04:51:20 pm »
Whoops, actually I was thinking of two other rodents:  Mac and Tosh, the "Goofy Gophers".  They were the ones who had the British accents, frequently said, "Indubitably!", "You first, my dear," and "But, no, no, no. It must be you who goes first!"

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:56:46 pm by southendmd »