Author Topic: ...you been going up to Wyoming all these years ...  (Read 11771 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: ...you been going up to Wyoming all these years ...
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 01:36:48 am »
That is for sure, marlb, lat, and kd. And I promise you I'm not goin away, not anytime soon! Because after the BBQ, there's Alberta, and then sfericsf is talking about a viewing in San Francisco in August, and I  haven't met any Eurobrokies yet, and...

;D

And  I just read in the Dutch play thread that the director might be mounting an opera of BBM in London next year.  GOTTA go to that!  :)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:30:25 am »
 :)  I know I don't post as often some of you, but I do check in every day (actually several times a day ;D) - it's kind of like coming home, something you never tire of :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 09:32:59 am »
Glad to hear that you're still with us, chefjudy!! Awesome news, Clarissa! Please keep us posted!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 10:12:13 am »

And  I just read in the Dutch play thread that the director might be mounting an opera of BBM in London next year.  GOTTA go to that!  :)

Tell you what, BBM is the perfect source for an opera.

Me, I'm waitin' for the ballet. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:13 am »
Tell you what, BBM is the perfect source for an opera.

Me, I'm waitin' for the ballet. ...  ;D
You may not have to wait that long, Jeff. I heard that Matthew Bourne is working on a gay Romeo and Juliet, called Romeo and Romeo. Can BBM, the Ballet, be far behind??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 10:26:44 am »
You may not have to wait that long, Jeff. I heard that Matthew Bourne is working on a gay Romeo and Juliet, called Romeo and Romeo. Can BBM, the Ballet, be far behind??

I read that about Matthew Bourne doing the gay Romeo and Juliet. There was a very nice profile of him in (where else?  ;D) The New Yorker recently.

I know I used the Grin smiley, but I wasn't really kidding about the ballet. I'm not just thinking a love duet pas de deux for Ennis and Jack, either. I'm thinking that a talented and skillful choreographer could do a lot with the whole story. For example, I'm thinking of the possibility of a very powerful solo portraying Alma's confusion when she sees her husband kissing a man, and another, and potentially very moving solo portraying her sorrow as her marriage deteriorates. Lots of possibilities here!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 10:28:40 am »
How about BBM, the cable TV series?  :D  That would get me to subscribe to HBO!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 10:55:03 am »
I read that about Matthew Bourne doing the gay Romeo and Juliet. There was a very nice profile of him in (where else?  ;D) The New Yorker recently.

I know I used the Grin smiley, but I wasn't really kidding about the ballet. I'm not just thinking a love duet pas de deux for Ennis and Jack, either. I'm thinking that a talented and skillful choreographer could do a lot with the whole story.

Le Tussle Heureux. :)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 11:21:01 am »
But operas are so tragic. Fits in so well with BBM.  Will there be gods?? Can just hear Alma doing an aria after she see Jack and Ennis having a reunion kisss.

The word deceased being sung over and over again. Deceased, Deceased!   The setting, i.e. the great outdoors is certaily worthy of opera.  Can't see them doing ballet on the moutain.  ;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 04:10:11 pm »

Can't see them doing ballet on the moutain.  ;)

Though they do fly on the euphoric, bitter air.  (I think that's the quote.)

There would have to be tumbling and rolling - maybe Pilobolus could do it at the special broadcast of the First-Ever Academy Awards Retraction and Rectification Show, where they fix their 2006 @#$%-up.  :)