Author Topic: Wanna see me on TV?  (Read 9161 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Wanna see me on TV?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 02:50:32 pm »
LOL! I did shoot the arrow (I practiced archery before I got RSI), but it was into the tree when Ruben, the host, was not standing there. He didn't trust my coordination that much, with me having RSI and all...  :D

:laugh:  RSI?! I wouldn't trust you if you'd won an Olympics gold medal in archery!  :laugh: Nothing personal, though -- I'd say the same about anyone.

That looks like a fun day.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 02:57:45 pm »
:laugh:  RSI?! I wouldn't trust you if you'd won an Olympics gold medal in archery!  :laugh: Nothing personal, though -- I'd say the same about anyone.

That looks like a fun day.

Katherine, I once read that women are better archers than men. They have a natural ability to accurately shoot an arrow.

Men are better flutists!

I think I read that in the same article.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 04:12:50 pm »
I should probably clarify to anyone who hasn't seen the video that when I said I wouldn't trust Melissa if she'd won a gold medal, I meant I wouldn't trust her -- or ANYONE -- to shoot an apple off my head with an arrow (which is what she appears to be aiming to do in the video).

I would trust her for most other things, though!  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 05:21:58 pm »
I should probably clarify to anyone who hasn't seen the video that when I said I wouldn't trust Melissa if she'd won a gold medal, I meant I wouldn't trust her -- or ANYONE -- to shoot an apple off my head with an arrow (which is what she appears to be aiming to do in the video).

I would trust her for most other things, though!  :D

LOL!!! Thank you Katherine!  ;)

Yeah, this scene in the tv program has to do with the fact that I used to practice archery and that I would love to do that again, but that I still don't have my strength back in my arm and shoulder, so that is something for the future. Then we head to the park and I try to shoot an apple from the host's head and I end up shooting his leg....

;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 06:53:36 pm »
What was the other gal's ailment?  I watched the first few minutes with the pedicure (phew - as adorable as Ruben is, he doesn't take very good care of his tootsies, does he?), but I didn't quite pick up on what was going on with her.  She seemed nice, too.

And you're as cute as a button, Melissa!  :)

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:10 am »
What was the other gal's ailment?  I watched the first few minutes with the pedicure (phew - as adorable as Ruben is, he doesn't take very good care of his tootsies, does he?), but I didn't quite pick up on what was going on with her.  She seemed nice, too.

And you're as cute as a button, Melissa!  :)

Well, thank you so much!  :D

She had a type of rheumatism combined with psoriasis, I think it was her toes you saw, not Ruben's, at least I think/hope so....

:laugh:

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 09:53:55 am »
No, it was his.  Hers were, of course, *really* bad because of the rheumatism and psoriasis, but his were pretty nasty for an otherwise healthy person, too.  Not terrible - just typical guy nasty, ya know?

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 10:42:59 am »
Yikes, I need to watch it again to see Ruben's horrible toes!  Blurgh.... :P

LOL