Author Topic: I Love My Jeans!  (Read 33723 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I Love My Jeans!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:59:24 pm »
Beautiful pics Lee!!
Amazing scenery in the second pic!  :D

Loving the boots!  8)

Oh, and Milli, or anybody, would you like to guess what I paid for those boots  ???

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:18 am »
After that last picture, you might be thinking, oh no, now we're gonna have to read about Lee's hat! Well, I have already talked about my hat on a poll called How Many Cowboy Hats Do You Have? So, if you want to read about hats, go there! I would really love to see your beloved jeans, jackets, boots, sweaters, etc.

Kathryn, I 'member your cuddly brown sweater when you visited last time! You had the right combination: Ennis brown sweater and Jack blue jeans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 03:05:29 pm »
Okay, I have waited patiently for almost two effen weeks for somebody to hazard a guess as to what I paid for my boots, so now I can't wait any longer! I paid $10 for these boots from Brazil. The brand name is Wild Pair. A fitting name, don't you think? Course they are not really new, just new to me. I love prowling through thrift shops. 

Well, I have several more items in my closet which I just love, and if you'all don't start jumping in here and telling me about your jeans, etc., I am just gonna turn this into FRont-Ranger's fashion show!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »
Hey, all you Brokies out there! I'm here to tell you that I've been getting PMs from your jeans right and left complainin and whining about all this commutin that they do day and night, four hours a day, all for you, and do they get one little moment of glory for it? No. While all the cowboy hats are gettin so much attention they feel they could paw the white out of the moon! Think, everybody, where you would be without your jeans, how humdrum life would be, and how much better life is when you can pull on your jeans, feel their reassuring snugness, enjoy the way they hug your butt, hold your favored rodeo belt so securely, and the copper rivets' glow in the heat of the campfire. Here is your golden opportunity to return the favor and let YOUR jeans enjoy their well earned 15 minutes of fame. Go for it!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:18 pm »
At least one Brokie can hear ya, FRiend  :)

I do have a story of my favorite jeans, but not a happy one  :-\:

I miss my favorite jeans  :o.
The last time I wore them was at the London Brokie get-together last September. They are only 7/8 length, so I put them away for the winter afterwards. Now the spring is finally here and I am looking for my fav jeans for more than a week now  ???.
I looked in my wardrobe (two times!), in the wardrobe that stands in the hall and even in my husband's wardrobe.
No luck yet. But today, I found a pair of jeans that I had totally forgotten. Also 7/8 length and therefore in the farest corner of the wardrobe. But they are a bit tight, I have to squeeze into them - so no way they will ever earn the title of fav jeans  ;D.

Still hoping for a happy end.....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 04:10:55 pm »
hee, hee Chrissi, what a funny story!! Now don't beat yrself up or your jeans either. It has been a long winter for us all, but it won't be long before you and your favorite jeans are back together again! One day soon, you'll be pulling on those jeans and the zipper will just slide up smooth as silk. Trust me!! Now git out there and climb up and down Brokenback Mountain!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:51 am »
One day soon, you'll be pulling on those jeans and the zipper will just slide up smooth as silk.

I doubt I'll live to see that day  :laugh:

But thankfully I own more than two pair of jeans, so I'm fine  :).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »
Never say never, Chrissi! So, here's a fashion question. Today I was wearing my beloved jeans, and a denim shirt. Somebody who will not be named here made fun of me for wearing blue denim both top and bottom. We know Jack pulled it off but...is it possible for mere mortals to wear a denim shirt with jeans? Your verdict, please!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 04:17:06 am »
...is it possible for mere mortals to wear a denim shirt with jeans?

You bet!

What else would you wear with a denim shirt than jeans?

My husband owns a denim shirt (he used to have many of them, but somehow they're out of vogue and only one is left), and silently for myself I call it his Jack-shirt  :laugh:. And although he doesn't look anything like Jack, he looks great in this shirt and jeans.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 03:48:25 pm »
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chrissi! You're right, a denim shirt would look pretty weird with khakis or cords!! I do have a pair of white jeans though that it might look good with. But the spring is not sufficiently advanced to pull them out of mothballs.

Yesterday I told my family you were coming to visit and they were very excited!!

Okay, everybody, I want to hear more about your favorite jeans and/or other favorite articles of clothing. And see some pictures too. If you don't post, I give you fair warning, I am gonna start talking about how much I love my underwear next!!

And I ain't jokin!!