Author Topic: Many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves and fight OTHERS too?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves and fight OTHERS too?

That was likely was Ennis's father! I say... as fictif evidence.

Yes, many men who are homosexual fight it in themselves. You know that?

I have sample dear  real sample to the movie, if you want to know. And will post that in the Brokeback Movie thread, partly, soon.

For now, I seek your advice, opinions, sample, and/or ideas of this: a homosexual man refusing to be himself and fighting others who are homosexuals!
Hugs!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: Many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves and fight OTHERS too?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:46:42 pm »
Many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves and fight OTHERS too?

That was likely was Ennis's father! I say... as fictif evidence.

Yes, many men who are homosexual fight it in themselves. You know that?

I have sample dear  real sample to the movie, if you want to know. And will post that in the Brokeback Movie thread, partly, soon.

For now, I seek your advice, opinions, sample, and/or ideas of this: a homosexual man refusing to be himself and fighting others who are homosexuals!
Hugs!

Hi Artiste!

Yes, I think many gay men don't accept their homosexuality. In fact, I think nearly all gay men (and to a lesser extent women) struggle with it at some point in their lives. Once reality sets in, they fight against it, buck against it, and hopefully, at some point accept it. Sadly, some people remain in the closet their entire lives. I "came out" when I was 16. But I came out to myself at that age; not to my friends and family. I think there are many other factors at play too which help to determine the difficulty one may have. Religion is one of the first things that come to my mind. I was raised Roman Catholic, and my religion has always rejected homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle. Also, living in Indiana made it difficult. The Midwest (or at least many parts of the Midwest) have always been traditionally conservative and homophobic. 

I have always wondered why some straight people have such an easy time accepting their gay peers or family members, while some gay people fight so hard against their sexuality. It's very strange. I always knew I was gay, even as a child. Even though I didn't understand what it meant at the time, I knew I was DIFFERENT. I wasn't like the other little boys, but I wasn't like the little girls either. I felt very isolated and confused. I suppose some people never get over that, and continue to feel isolated their whole lives. They would rather try to fit into society by lying to themselves and others. But it probably makes them very angry in the process. And by fighting and insulting other gay people, they think it guarantees them of others never finding out who they really are.

Anyone, gay or striaght, never feels they must attack others in order to feel secure about themselves and their sexuality. The fighting and insults are often tell tale signs of who they really are. They show their "true selves" through their hostility.

Welcome To Bettermost Artiste!!  :D

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Artiste

Re: Many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves and fight OTHERS too?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:12:15 pm »
Wow! Wwow! Wow!
I am so very pleased with your answer!!
My head is spinning... my blood too... more as well!!
Pray that you are a teacher!!
Your answer is so great that I feel you are teaching me; hopefully others too!!

So glad to know this!

Be assured that I want  to know more! Will be happy to see your writing often David!!

Hugs!