Author Topic: If You Won The Lottery, How Would You Spend It?  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: If You Won The Lottery, How Would You Spend It?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 09:00:13 pm »
Oh dear, I don't play the lottery either. I know I have heard of people who were broke two years later and/or it ruined their lives. Saw something on TV about this the other night.

I'd quit my job.
Buy a fabulous condo.
Give money to family. Put my nieces through college.
Donate to animal organizations.

Will never happen but I can dream.....  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 11:27:31 am »
I'd pay off whatever debt my parents have, get myself someplace nice, and travel.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 12:52:30 pm »
Tell you what, if it were as much as that kid from South Dakota won just last month, I'd quit my job and head for the mountain West, almost certainly Wyoming. The air is so much cleaner it would be so much better for my health. Even in Denver, on my recent trip, I noticed that when I wake up in the morning, my eyes aren't all gummed up  :P like they are every morning here at home.  >:(

On the trip I was a little bothered in my nose because of the dryness of the air, but now I'm prepared for it, a little spray bottle of saline solution would take care of that. I could probably even learn to make my own.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 02:19:32 pm »
I'd pay off whatever debt my parents have, get myself someplace nice, and travel.

me too.

Plus my own debt!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 02:21:37 pm »
Boesendorfer grand piano.  That is all.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 02:26:34 pm »
I would pay off all my bills and then I would pay for a tune up for Chuck's Purple Car.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 06:31:19 pm »
I would pay off all my bills and then I would pay for a tune up for Chuck's Purple Car.

i think you need to not worry about my car, and replace your current one.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »
I would spend part of it to buy myself a cabin in the woods.   :)

This particular cabin can be found at Babcock State Park in Fayette County, West Virginia.  It isn't for sale, but you can rent it.

That would be bliss, Gary.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 05:47:11 am »
I´d probably spend most of it on travel. Everywhere I went I would rent a nice car for months at the time and would spend the nights in B&Bs or secluded cabins.
I would also ask my parents if there is anything they want, and whatever it wold be, I´d buy it for them.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:45:44 am »
Ah, one of my favorite games when bored: What would I do with 20 million Euros? I like to play it when I have to wait for a long time somewhere (and don't have a book), or can't sleep at night, which rarely ever happens, but spending 20 mios is sure more fun than tossing and turning in your bed and worrying about the hours ticking by. I always play it with 20 millions, don't know why, LOL.

I would give to friends and family, I would donate to charity, I would buy a new house (or let this one have a top-notch remodelling, including some modern amenities), I would carefully invest, and I would set some aside and save it in form of diamonds or gold, or something like that.

But the best thing: I would travel more. Later, when the kids are grown, I would really get into travelling. A road trip across Canada, from east to west, then fly down to California and travel from west to east across the US (and I'd visit Brokies along the way!). More road-trips through Scotland, nah, what the heck, I'm a f*cking millionaire, make that all of UK. Scandinavia, OZ and Kiwi-Country. And tours with the motorbike through Spain, France, the Alps, Italy.

Ahhh, sweet dreams :).