Author Topic: Ennis and Jake are homosexuals, bi-sexuals or??  (Read 28648 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Ennis and Jake are homosexuals, bi-sexuals or??
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 06:16:35 pm »
brokenbackjack, what is:

Le Truce!!!!!!

What is that??

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 08:13:30 am »
l'Armistice.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 10:48:10 am »
Thanks brokenbackjack!!

Pourquoi l'Armistice? (WhyArmistice?)

In my dictionary, armistice is what I thought it is: interruption of hostilities... only for awhile!!

I am puzzled. Please explain why you mention this. How do you view this with Ennis and jack??

Awaiting your news,

hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:34 am »
I think he meant it in the sense of a meeting of the minds. Yes, Jack??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 01:49:25 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!!

I think your comment is that!!

And that l'Armistice is much more for brokenback jack.

Much more, I suggest!!

Men here in the movie are hard on each other: Ennis and Jack do fight, like they are at war
with each other!! Hard to understand, maybe for us all??

May I compare brokenjack's word as that, as a start of that??

Hugs!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 02:37:13 pm »
I look at it more like this:   if Ennis had not met Jack, would he have fallen for another man?   I would say no: i envision him living a long life with Alma and the kids, having grandchildren.     You can possibly argue that he would have always had repressed feelings, but then if he never acted on them nor knew what they represented, then how can you classify him as gay? 

Under the hypothetical circumstances you describe here, I would definitely still describe Ennis as gay.  If his true desires were for men and he repressed himself so much that he lived the rest of his life with Alma, it still wouldn't mean that his true sexual orientation is towards Alma.  People can go through the motions physically and still not actually feel the component of true desire that, at least to me, seems to be the core of honest sexual orientation.  I think this is actually demonstrated in Ennis's character both in his behavior towards Alma and towards Cassie.

I think a lot of closeted gay people (both historically and currently) live this way. Unfortunately.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
Way I always looked at it was if a man is emotionally oriented towards women he is straight, if he is emotionally oriented towards men he is gay and if he is emotionally oriented towards both he is bi.

I said it last week lol, IMO Ennis was gayer n a picnic basket

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 06:49:37 pm »
Thanks atz75!

I think that is much in what you say here:
Under the hypothetical circumstances you describe here, I would definitely still describe Ennis as gay.  If his true desires were for men and he repressed himself so much that he lived the rest of his life with Alma, it still wouldn't mean that his true sexual orientation is towards Alma.  People can go through the motions physically and still not actually feel the component of true desire that, at least to me, seems to be the core of honest sexual orientation.  I think this is actually demonstrated in Ennis's character both in his behavior towards Alma and towards Cassie.

I think a lot of closeted gay people (both historically and currently) live this way. Unfortunately.

I say that it could be that most gay men (and gay women, lesbians,) bi-sexuals, etc., do live closeted even to-day in the USA, Canada, and some other democratic countries; other have to hide somehow in the others or be killed right away!! That is maybe one thing that Annie says by her story! Also, maybe Annie says that is not even that safe of be gay men even in the USA, Canada, etc., even to-day?

What do you think?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 06:55:20 pm »
Thanks brokenbackjack!!

I tend to agree with you saying this:
Way I always looked at it was if a man is emotionally oriented towards women he is straight, if he is emotionally oriented towards men he is gay and if he is emotionally oriented towards both he is bi.

However, I know that it is not that simple, for many reasons and times!! I have known some bi-sexuals who qualify themselves as that, yes: bi-sexuals!! Others, who do not!! Even if I had sex with a lady, I do NOT qualify myself as bi-sexual at all! I qualify myself being a gay man! There are others who do not want either of those 3 categories!!

Hard to say??

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 03:30:33 am »
not really...I know plenty of guys who are self described NOW as exclusively gay who had great sex with a woman, liked the woman, even loved her 'in a way' who were never able to love the woman as much as a man.