Author Topic: Least Favorite Character in BBM  (Read 47484 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Least Favorite Character in BBM
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »
I am kinda curious about what you all think  ;)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Least Favorite Character in BBM
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 05:07:53 am »
Voted for John Twist, but I'd add Cassie... Annoying!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:04:02 am »
I voted for John Twist myself.

K.E. seems to be getting a bum rap here--no doubt a traumatized child like Ennis, and only a bit older than he. Furthermore, as Ennis says, he did the best he could. It's a moot point now, anyway, as no one has yet voted for him.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:41:10 pm by moremojo »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:30:55 am »
On the subject of K.E., hmm... I agree that he probably was as traumatised as Ennis, all goes back to their dad I guess.   :-\
I also threw in Cassie for good measure ...  ;D  She will probably make a few top 3 least favorite character lists, who knows?  We'll find out.. :)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 12:12:38 pm »
Can you add in Jimbo?  He pisses me off.  He and his buddies at the pool table.  I know the hate crime perpetrators would be the obvious choice here so it's fine not to include them.  But if Jimbo were there, he'd be my number one least favorite.  I don't like that way he looks at Jack.  John Twist is a mean old man who never properly appreciated or loved his son, but we have no evidence that he's particularly homophobic.  In fact he might have even been willing to have Jack and Ennis live together up there if it meant getting his sorry-ass ranch licked into shape.  Given the choices now, though, I went with John.

And I've got no problem with Cassie - she certainly had impeccable taste, and she was just trying to do the best she could.
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 12:24:28 pm »
Can you add in Jimbo?  He pisses me off.  He and his buddies at the pool table.  I know the hate crime perpetrators would be the obvious choice here so it's fine not to include them.  But if Jimbo were there, he'd be my number one least favorite.  I don't like that way he looks at Jack.  John Twist is a mean old man who never properly appreciated or loved his son, but we have no evidence that he's particularly homophobic.  In fact he might have even been willing to have Jack and Ennis live together up there if it meant getting his sorry-ass ranch licked into shape.  Given the choices now, though, I went with John.

And I've got no problem with Cassie - she certainly had impeccable taste, and she was just trying to do the best she could.

One Jimbo coming right up Barb!  ;D
I left out the "grease monkeys" or murderers for very obvious reasons.
Cassie is not in my top 3 either, but I know a few who think she was annoying ;)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 12:31:55 pm »
Maybe, but would I know someone like her, clingy, forcing me to do things I do not like (dancing or other), too pushy, upsetting my personal bubble - I'd run!  :o

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Toast

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 03:21:28 pm »
All of the characters in your list represent some aspect of life.
but the character that made the whole story so tragic is Ennis' father.

He represents the severe hate that is the crux of this story.
Joe Aguirre  - fearful of his reputation if he hires them guys
John Twist - weird and defeated, Mrs Twist conquered him and raised a gorgeous son.
L.D. Newsome - money MAN - football + money = manliness
Ennis' Dad  - EVIL
K.E. del Mar - I am sure K.E. is hurt just as much as Ennis by the irrigation ditch, how could we fault him??
Cassie Cartwright - wants to have a good man - more power to her.
Jimbo, the Rodeo Clown  - represents that fear that a man has, even if he is straight. he is cute, in spite of it all.

Mr Del Mar in Sage, Wyoming gets my bad guy vote in this movie.
second on my list would be Jimbo, evn if he is physically cute.

Morey
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:37:21 am by Toast »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 04:27:42 pm »
toast -
Cheers for dropping in your vote.  :)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 04:30:15 pm »

She put her tired, smelly feet in Ennis's lap and asked him to rub them.  That is never ok - not under any circumstance.  YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!  Really - she didn't wash them, powder them, or ask him.  Such bad manners.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)